Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its not the saying crap. Its that if she did say "Bloody hell!" in the 1 st ep. Saying again in the last, specially after Helen said it as well, would be cooler

Comment

I re watched it last night and you where bothe right, Ash did say "Bloody......Hell" when John appears. Also seconds later when John ports away with Ash, Helen whips round to scan the computers and says, with lots of emotion "bloody hell".
      sigpic

Comment

See if she had said Bloody hell in Revelations it would have been so cool! Maybe she didnt cos she wasnt herself LOL

Comment

Ngan writes: [...] “3. What are the chances you can get either RDA or Michael Shanks or Chris Judge to guest star in an upcoming Sanctuary episode?”

AT: I would welcome any and all of them. I do think it’s important that Sanctuary be seen as an entirely separate entity in its own right. But having said that I’d would work with any of the boys again in a heartbeat.

DasNdanger writes: “I admire Chris Heyerdahl’s work very much, especially as Todd, and now as ‘Foot and Druitt. He has a magnificent presence on the screen, and there is great chemistry between Druitt, and Helen. Will Druitt’s role become more prominent in the show, especially in relation to his family, and if you care to share, what is it like acting a scene with Chris?”

AT: Druitt will remain an important element on the show. He’s so important to Helen. Acting with Chris is wondfierously astoundazing. In other words, there are no words. He’s a dream. Instant connection, instant chemistry. He’s not afraid to try anything and as a result pushes his acting partners to do better work. I adore him.

Morjana writes: “1) Does Helen Magnus have any siblings?”

AT: No

LibKat writes: “I remember that you directed an episode of SG1 back in season 7. Is that something you would like to pursue further? Do you think it would be more difficult to direct Sanctuary since so much is virtual?”

AT: I am slated to direct this season. It is more difficult with the green screen. Panning the camera takes on a whole new meaning. I directed a day for Martin last year and it was tough. There are so many variables to consider, like how to shoot virtual reflections for example. It’s going to be an interesting challenge.

Kraut writes: “Dear Ms. Tapping, what are your plans for future projects, a) in terms of genre (Sci-Fi or something else?) and b) in terms of new challenges - specifically, will you be directing and producing more? And if so, what do you like best about working behind the camera, as opposed to in front of it?”

AT: Immediate plans are all about Sanctuary. We are just starting season two. Damian and Martin and I are developing other projects, but Sanctuary is our priority. I will be directing this year and continuing to executive produce. I like having a hand in the other creative aspects of the show. Everything from breaking stories to casting to post production. I’m loving this journey!

Jann writes: [...] “2) You also directed some episodes on Sanctuary and one in SG-1? Did you learn a lot of aspects for directing from Martin Wood?”

AT: I will be directing Sanctuary this year; I just filled in for Martin last year. When I first decided that it was something I wanted to do, I went to Martin and shadowed him. He is an amazing teacher and a great director. I think I’ve taken the most from watching him.

“3) Also some of us were wondering when Martin Woods birthday is? We can’t find this anywhere on the internet. Is it a state secret or are you allowed to tell it?”

AT: It is a state secret. Something to do with his past as an international super spy and gigolo.

“4) How is it to work on a project together with Martin and Damian? This is because you know both of them.”

AT: They are amazing. We compliment each other well. Plus they are both incredibly funny, well read, sensitive, caring……etc. etc. They are my best friends. The three of us have been though a lot to get this show to where it is and we have each talked each other off the ledge so many times. I have an enormous amount of love and respect for them both. I feel really lucky to be a part of this journey with them.
          http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...our-questions/
          sigpic
          The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

i believe this is from 'the five' -

Spoiler:
            i was watching a video, and it showed the scene where the 'five' are ready to inject helen with the original vampire serum. i think it would be neat to see another moment of that moment, where we see what happens to helen just after that event, then see the rest of them inject themselves and...
            sally

sigpic

Comment

It would certainly be intereting to see how they where all affected in the immediate aftermath and to see how long it took for them to all work out how it had affected them.
              sigpic

Comment

I would love to see an eps set in the 1800's and to see when Helen first met John,Nickola ,James & Nigel that would be cool

I'd love to see what brought them together and what it was that made Helen fall in love with John what did he do to charm her ?
                sigpic
                (''For all Eternity'') Ripperette,MultishipperAmanda=Angel Magnett,Teslan,Willen

Comment

Originally posted by helenmagnus23 View Post
                  I would love to see an eps set in the 1800's and to see when Helen first met John,Nickola ,James & Nigel that would be cool I'd love to see what brought them together and what it was that made Helen fall in love with John what did he do to charm her ?
                  I say no just because that sounds like a backstory overload. I think a show is better when we get a little information from an episode too and then the backstory starts to develop. What you are proposing is an exact opposite and find if Sanctuary lasts many many seasons we would need to avoid the route of backstory overload.
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Melora's post on the S2 Spoiler thread

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Melora View Post
                    Let's face it. He didn't have much to work with in those seasons and he was the new kid on the block. I have a feeling he had very little influence in the writers' room.
                    Imo you are correct. Which means nothing as we don't know.
                    Quote:
                    I thought his scripts did get a lot better in Season 10 and especially in SGA. As with all writers, you have hits and misses. Some of his earlier episodes were pretty bad and had major plot holes like Insiders, OTG, Stronghold. But he also wrote some really creative and solid eps too (IMO) like Line in the Sand, TRNT, Tabula Rasa, and The Queen. In fact, his Season 4-5 SGA episodes have been quite good for the most part.
                    See above. But those first three SG-1 scripts *scar(e)* me.
                    Quote:
                    I just have a feeling he and Damian will work well together. I'm also not really surprised that Sam Egan has left the show. I did enjoy his eps, but I never felt they fit in with the show as it was originally envisioned. Although very well-written, his scripts sometimes seemed more like generic sci-fi formula shows to me.
                    From your fingers to God's eyes. And lets not forget that Martin Wood and Amanda would know his work too. And weigh in on him coming on board.

Quote:
                    BTW - it seems Invisigirl returns in the season opener, but it is sort of nice to know that she will probably not be sticking around for long. I was worried in the finale when Will invited her to stay. I was almost shocked to see the new actress/character announced and it wasn't her.

I will have to wait and see if Kate fits in better, but it is strange how much she sounds like Vala. Add to that the fact that Damian created the Vala character and... it does worry me a bit.

Perhaps my worry is for nothing and she will fit right in and I will love her. One can only hope.
                    No Invisigirl is a great thing. I wasn't impressed with that character.

The Vala that Damian created was NOT the Vala that ended up onscreen. She, the bits were there, but I seem to remember hearing something about directions (NOT a quote!) about hamming it up more. And as much as I didn't like PU <<snicker>> it's the S9 Vala that really did her in for me.

But yeah. I see your concern, match it and have my fingers crossed.

I'm really trying to not let my disappointment with the handling of SG-1 color Sanctuary. Different people are in charge. So I'm willing to give it a chance. (Not that I'm saying your not. I'm not. yet? )

suse

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
                      Melora's post on the S2 Spoiler thread

Imo you are correct. Which means nothing as we don't know.

See above. But those first three SG-1 scripts *scar(e)* me.

From your fingers to God's eyes. And lets not forget that Martin Wood and Amanda would know his work too. And weigh in on him coming on board.

No Invisigirl is a great thing. I wasn't impressed with that character.

The Vala that Damian created was NOT the Vala that ended up onscreen. She, the bits were there, but I seem to remember hearing something about directions (NOT a quote!) about hamming it up more. And as much as I didn't like PU <<snicker>> it's the S9 Vala that really did her in for me.

But yeah. I see your concern, match it and have my fingers crossed.

I'm really trying to not let my disappointment with the handling of SG-1 color Sanctuary. Different people are in charge. So I'm willing to give it a chance. (Not that I'm saying your not. I'm not. yet? )

suse
                      I agree on all counts. I have a lot more faith in the Sanctuary PTB than the SG PTB. That's why I'm going to watch and see how everything plays out. There are things I am very happy about and things I am very worried about. But we won't know until we see the finished episodes.

*crossing my fingers right along with you*

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                        anyone ever watched the sg1 ep 'abyss'? how about an ep like that for helen, only without a goauld doing it.
                        OMG yes!!!!! That would be wicked!!
                        Originally posted by atlantis_babe34 View Post
                        I still Beleive that Helen has another power.
                        I'd like to see that too.
                        So correct me if I'm wrong here...but Helen has longevity, John has both longevity and the teleportation ability, Tesla too has immortality and his electrical powers zappy thingy that he does, Watson, with the aide of a machine was still able to live way beyond his years but is also intellectually advanced...and what of poor old Griffin...he got invisibility but that seems to be it.
                        I'd definitely like to see Helen with another ability.
                        Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post
                        I'd like to see:
                        More (alive) Watson
                        More (snarky) Tesla
                        <snipped>
                        More interaction between Helen and Ashley
                        Some sibling rivalry between Ashley, Henry and Will
                        Less sexual tension between Helen and Will
                        More sexual tension between Helen and Druitt
                        <snipped>
                        More character-driven drama; faster action
                        I agree with the list now..I'm sorry but 2 items were just not my cup of tea!
                        Originally posted by Pandora's_Box View Post
                        No dead-ness!
                        Yay angst!
                        Yep...no deadness and plenty of angst!!! Now we're talking my cup of tea!!!
                        Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                        I also like the character of Ashley. I don't think they will kill her off. I agree the mother/daughter relationship is too important to the show. Having said that, they need to explore that more in season two. I also agree there should have been more fallout over the revelation of her father but hopefully that will be in season 2 as well.
                        Totally agree with you EH-T...however I don't want to see a saturation of Helen/Ashley. But I do believe the fallout of the revelation of Ashley's father should be explored more. I want to know more about why Helen did what she did...why she chose to freeze the embryo then eventually bring it to term and why lie about Ashely's father. I'm just not buying that whole "not bearing the loneliness any longer" bunk. There had to be more.
                        Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
                        My hopes and fears for Season 2:
                        ~ I'd like more Druitt, and I'd love to see conflicting good/evil sides to him as he struggles to find himself and deal with his past.
                        ~ John/Helen 'ship (because they're just so cute! And I love their angsty relationship.)
                        ~ Will/Ashley 'ship (because I like Ashley a LOT more than Clara!)
                        ~ To find out about Henry's background.
                        ~ More Tesla (Because he's so awesome!)
                        ~ More Watson (see reason above!)
                        ~ More Helen/Ashley interaction.
                        ~ Less Helen/Will (Because she's WAY to old for him!)
                        ~ Less Clara (Nothing personal, she just doesn't interest me.)
                        I have to agree with everything on this list...but I need to add something.
                        I'd like to see more Bigfoot...and FCOL, give the big fella a name already!!!
                        why? it's a part of human nature to want to be with another.
                        Absolutely. And lets face it...ship sells!!!
                        Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
                        Ashley says "Bloody hell" when John appears.
                        Yes she does...and then Helen says it when John pops out with Ash.
                        i believe this is from 'the five' -
                        Spoiler:
                        i was watching a video, and it showed the scene where the 'five' are ready to inject helen with the original vampire serum. i think it would be neat to see another moment of that moment, where we see what happens to helen just after that event, then see the rest of them inject themselves and...
                        Yep...that would be awesome too. Like what the effects were after they were injected. And how soon after did the first manifestations occur and in whom. I'd put my money on Tesla. But I wonder how they knew about Helen's ability. Was it time itself or did she perhaps revert back a few years??
                        "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                        Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                        ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Haven't posted too much here (I do browse and read a lot!) but since I've been activated to post without waiting for it to show up...

I agree with other posters here, I would like to see Helen have another power, something she kept secret from the men in her life for whatever reason. It seems far too "simple" and "not-cool-enough" to have her merely be blessed with a long life, especially when Druitt and Tesla also are still around. So I think there's room to give her something else -- maybe something psychological, since she seems to have an unusual connection to the Abnormals in the Sanctuary. (Like when she was able to calm Bigfoot down for an instant in his psychosis.)

I would really, really love to see/learn more about The Five in their original Victorian setting. I want to see something of John and Helen's relationship when they were still in love, and learn more about the events leading up to Ashley's birth. I guess my reasons for this have several motives -- first, I think having Watson in only two episodes is tremendously sad, because he was AMAZING. I want him back -- so either have Tesla zap him with electricity and return him to life somehow, or give us a ton of Watson-centric flashbacks. Also, I want some Happy John & Helen. Love them.

Which brings me to my next point -- I want to see them talk. I want to see them work through some of the stuff that has marinated between them for the last 100 years. I want to see Helen come to trust him again, and John struggle to be worthy of her trust. I want to see them rescue their daughter, TOGETHER. I want to see them become something of a family -- albeit, a slightly psychotic, whacked sort of family. I would really, really love to see Ashley and John bonding, maybe with some father/daughter teleporting and/or martial arts lessons.

TESLA. Bring him back, have him be a regular guest if not a main cast member. I freaking LOVE him. He cracks me up. The actor is fantastic. And I love the sexual tension he has with Helen, in a weird, alluring love/hate relationship.

Ashley -- I want to see her bad for awhile, and then brought home. She is awesome and certainly needs to stay on the good side once they snap her out of this.

I don't like Clara. I would, however, be interested if her grandfather turned out to be "not-dead," but either hiding from the Cabal or in their custody. I think getting to know Nigel Griffin would be much cooler than hating Clara for liplocking Will...

Comment

Originally posted by lupinskitten View Post
                            Also, I want some Happy John & Helen. Love them.
                            A little more of the Victorian dirty talk from the webisodes eh?

I would really, really love to see Ashley and John bonding, maybe with some father/daughter teleporting and/or martial arts lessons.
                            He is JACK THE FREAKING RIPPER. He rearranges prostitutes' internal organs for kicks and giggles. What happened to the John Druitt of the Web series? I liked Watson because he treated Druitt like the hooker killing psycho he was.

TESLA. Bring him back, have him be a regular guest if not a main cast member. I freaking LOVE him. He cracks me up. The actor is fantastic. And I love the sexual tension he has with Helen, in a weird, alluring love/hate relationship.
                            I can agree with you on that but I would like to see bad Tesla, not some house trained version like Druitt turned into.
                            sigpic
                            In Islamofascist Afghanistan, pain experiences you!
                            "The faster you finish the fight, the less shot you will get." ~ AFSOC MOUT Instructor

Comment

I don't think Tesla is "house trained." I think he's on semi-good behavior, but I wouldn't count on it lasting.

As for John -- I like him being "good" now because now he can deal with all the angst of guilt over his former actions. It's all about "redemption," and I like epic stories of internal struggle between good and evil. I think that having John turn back into the man Helen fell in love with was an amazing decision on the part of the writers. Mainly, I think, because Christopher is such a good actor, and has such fantastic chemistry with Amanda.

... and yes, I would like to see some sexual tension ala the webisodes.
                              Last edited by lupinskitten; 03 May 2009, 06:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Coela Bellatore View Post
                                He is JACK THE FREAKING RIPPER. He rearranges prostitutes' internal organs for kicks and giggles. What happened to the John Druitt of the Web series? I liked Watson because he treated Druitt like the hooker killing psycho he was.
                                I really liked that about Watson too, he wasn't going to let Druitt off lightly because he'd recently changed his ways. While I liked seeing Druitt overcoming his madness to an extent to help Helen and the Sanctuary, I don't really want him to stay 'good'. I'd rather see him continue to fight against his psychotic tendencies, perhaps fall off the wagon, as it were, and then struggle to get under control again.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X