Helen Magnus/John Druitt Ship/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DOIKECARTER View Post
    Hi. I´m currently watching SANCTUARY S2....and it´s hard not to go directly to Druitt´s episodes. I´ve read a bit of fanfiction too. Does anyone know if there is a story about how Helen realised about John?. I mean, Helen in the very first scene of the webisodes is not that different from Helen nowadays....but she is not the naive woman who John went to the theatre with. There is a whole untold story there.....that and the fact victorian women didn´t jump to bed before marriage (ok, maybe I really DID read too many Victoria Holt novels as a teenager). I love this couple. Has any fanfiction author explore this period in Helen´s life?
    I forgot to mention Ann wrote a fanfic that touched on this. She wrote it before the start of Season 2 but goes back into the past in her story.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5383396/..._Greatest_Fear

Helen's Greatest Fear
    Helen has lost Ashley to the Cabal and John has returned to help, but can she trust him? Can they rescue Ashley or will the Cabal finally put an end to the Sanctuary? COMPLETE!
    Sanctuary - Rated: T - English - Drama/Adventure - Chapters: 11 - Words: 22,056 - Reviews: 24 - Updated: 9-28-09 - Published: 9-17-09 - Helen M. - Complete
    sigpic

Comment

sounds interesting, thanks for the link!
      sigpic

Comment

Oh I found another one today:

Title: Ebbing Motion
        Author: a_loquita
        Fandom: Sanctuary
        Summary: The past is never fully buried and gone, but resonates in every aspect of today and what tomorrow may bring.
        Rating: Adult
        Pairing: Helen/John
        Warnings/spoilers: Spoilers for season 1, takes place immediately following the season 1 finale with flashbacks to the past

Not a direct link to due to the adult rating
        http://a-loquita.livejournal.com/19339.html#cutid2
        sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the link!

Comment

hey guys!

i'm still here! We got alot of wind and a bit of rain but not much little bit of damage but not much
            sigpic

General Of The Tesla Troopers, Proud Member of Magnett, MOP and SHIP

Comment

Originally posted by atlantis_babe34 View Post
              hey guys!

i'm still here! We got alot of wind and a bit of rain but not much little bit of damage but not much
              That's good to hear!

*goes off to read fanfic*
              sigpic
              Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Originally posted by atlantis_babe34 View Post
                hey guys!

Excellent news. Glad you're ok.
                sigpic

Comment

What is your top 5 fav Helen and John moments ?

Kush-When they talk on the plane
                  EON-When there talking in the dessert boath fighting to save Ash
                  Eulogy-When John helps Helen and she in tern tries to help him
                  Haunted-whole eps
                  Revelations-When they work together to get the pure blood
                  sigpic
                  (''For all Eternity'') Ripperette,MultishipperAmanda=Angel Magnett,Teslan,Willen

Comment

I love the super angsty moments between Helen and John. The scene that sticks in my head was when the source blood was stolen and Helen runs to John and starts laying into him and he is genuinely shocked. Even though we have the things revealed in Haunted, it makes me wonder what sorts of things John did to her that when something goes wrong, her first choice for betrayal is him. To see the pure horror as he realizes it's Ashley...

I also thoroughly enjoy the moment when John is telling Helen that he's killing the Cabal and she chastises him. These moments are so fraught with how familiar and intimate they have been in the past and the depth of Helen's pain at what he is (before we know you know stuff). It's an "I love you but I don't want to" moment to me... and make Haunted so much more poignant.

Comment

Originally posted by Nynaeve506 View Post
                      I love the super angsty moments between Helen and John. The scene that sticks in my head was when the source blood was stolen and Helen runs to John and starts laying into him and he is genuinely shocked. Even though we have the things revealed in Haunted, it makes me wonder what sorts of things John did to her that when something goes wrong, her first choice for betrayal is him. To see the pure horror as he realizes it's Ashley...
                      That scene at the end of Revelation is just *brilliant*. It's a pure acting scene, relying completely on the power of the actors to relay the content. Because you can see the moment John realizes why Helen is furious at him, and because John knows it wasn't him, you can *see* his mind race to the only other person on the planet it *can* be, and his dawning horror at that realization which is then translated to Helen as she reads his features and his very genuine reaction which cause her to realize it too.

It's just, did I mention, brilliant? That is almost certainly my absolute favorite scene between the two of them.

My next favorite is probably the scene in Haunted when they're talking in the cell and you can practically *see* the weight of guilt lifted off him as he realizes he *wasn't* responsible for everything that had happened, but also his realization and acceptance that Helen isn't ready to believe it yet, so he backs off from forcing it upon her.. and yet you can see on her face that she's coming to realize it herself despite her fear she might be betrayed again.

And then the scene at the beginning of EoN 2 when John confronts her in the hall and they have that argument which is so layered with both their fears and desires... it's just amazing.

And the scene in Eulogy when he appears so covered in blood it's smeared on the glass he's drinking which is, as Nynaeve stated, one of those moments you can feel their intimacy despite everything that has happened and it's so very clear that the only way either can find real healing is with each other yet, at the same time, the barriers to that are so high it's almost certain it will remain just another bleeding wound. I also adore the fact that scene shows that, while you can take the Victorian out of the Victorian age, you can't take the age out of the Victorian because John seems to sense the more traditional mourning rituals are necessary for Helen and, while it's her *job* to grieve and move on, it's his to go out and *do*.

Then the scene in EoN1 when they confront each other whilst sitting in ruins (and how brilliant even is that as a symbolic location?) and even in the blocking John is reaching almost desperately for Helen yet her back and entire demeanor remain a barrier between them and in the end even he has to agree and goes back to where he was away from her.

I think that's five, but I could go on In general, the thing I adore about this relationship (and, really, Sanctuary in general), is that so much of the content is relayed nonverbally giving it a depth and realism seldom seen on television.

Comment

Originally posted by helenmagnus23 View Post
                        What is your top 5 fav Helen and John moments ?

Kush-When they talk on the plane
                        EON-When there talking in the dessert boath fighting to save Ash
                        Eulogy-When John helps Helen and she in tern tries to help him
                        Haunted-whole eps
                        Revelations-When they work together to get the pure blood
                        #1: HAUNTED entire episode
                        #2: The Five when John looks at Helen before he bows.
                        #3: The Kush when she dreams of him through out the episode
                        #4 Revelations Entire episodes
                        #5 EoN both parts
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AresLover452 View Post
                          #1: HAUNTED entire episode
                          #2: The Five when John looks at Helen before he bows.
                          #3: The Kush when she dreams of him through out the episode
                          #4 Revelations Entire episodes
                          #5 EoN both parts
                          I loved the scenes in 1st episode....and/or webisodes. Besides I also loved the fact Will mentioned Druitt went on a suicide mission 2 weeks after she died in "Pavor Nocturnus".

I haven´t seen "Haunted"....yet, but I´m working on it.

Comment

Pavour Nocturnus made me sad when Will said Druitt had died!! i was like WTF!! He went suicidal? But I can see it because why would he want to live in a world where Helen wasn't alive?
                            sigpic

Comment

I thought the same

Comment

Originally posted by AresLover452 View Post
                                Pavour Nocturnus made me sad when Will said Druitt had died!! i was like WTF!! He went suicidal? But I can see it because why would he want to live in a world where Helen wasn't alive?
                                I get the impression that John, even more than Helen, has a part of him which would like to just die. Unlike Helen, who has a 'mission' and people who depend on her to give her a sense of purpose, I think John's only reasons for going on, after Tesla originally 'made him sane,' were Helen and Ashley. Then he had revenge for Ashley...

So I think it made perfect sense that, if Helen and Ashley were both dead, John would finally seek oblivion. Moreover, if you watch Helen's reaction to learning John died, I think a part of Helen knew that, too.

Comment

Working...
                                X