Helen Magnus/John Druitt Ship/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AresLover452 View Post
    yeah, as soon as my coffee kicks in I will be writing again... lol!!
    Sweet
    sigpic
    (''For all Eternity'') Ripperette,MultishipperAmanda=Angel Magnett,Teslan,Willen

Comment

yup... lol!! Words seem to come to me in vivid clarity right before Dawn just as the sun sinks below the horizon. It's like the words want to rush out of me before the sun drives me to sleep. and even more clear when i have caffeine is fueling my brain and rushing through my blood. But it is all used to write Helen and John and make them have the life they should have had.
      sigpic

Comment

yup... lol!! Words seem to come to me in vivid clarity right before Dawn just as the sun sinks below the horizon. It's like the words want to rush out of me before the sun drives me to sleep. and even more clear when i have caffeine is fueling my brain and rushing through my blood. But it is all used to write Helen and John and make them have the life they should have had.

Totaly

I do the craziest thing when i'm writting becase i can picture a story like an eps so clearly ,the story i'm writting i laydown on my bedroom floor and watch the story unfold then if there is a bit that does or doesnt feel right i hit the rewind button lol i have my eye's closed and there always has to chocolate avilable
        sigpic
        (''For all Eternity'') Ripperette,MultishipperAmanda=Angel Magnett,Teslan,Willen

Comment

Same with me, it just helps for the words to flow better. lol!!
          sigpic

Comment

Same with me, it just helps for the words to flow better. lol!!
            Yeah it does
            Sometimes as well it takes me few days just to get the one page feeling right so the rest of the story flows out
            sigpic

Comment

Thought I'd post a pic a friend and I were discussing yesterday (spoilers for Haunted):
              Spoiler:

We were discussing how, even before she knows what's really going on with John, Helen's grief once she realizes he's murdering again and that she has, effectively, lost him is palpable. You can literally see it on her face and in her eyes especially. It's just an amazingly brilliant and subtle performance. Even when she's pointing a gun at him she sounds angry, but her face says something different. And I can't help but wonder if her statement to Kate when asked why she's trying to save John, that it's, to paraphrase, 'more about compulsion' isn't as much an answer to why she - herself- is saving John than why he's killing. Because I don't think at that point she's willing to analysis her full feelings for him (though as with her eyes I think they're evident in the way she keeps touching him while he's on the table) and so really in a way sees her actions in saving him as being 'compulsive'. Though, I guess in a way, that's what love is

Comment

Originally posted by helenmagnus23 View Post
                Yeah it does
                Sometimes as well it takes me few days just to get the one page feeling right so the rest of the story flows out
                I do that too, but with the right stimuli I can write five pages in three hours... lol!!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
                  Thought I'd post a pic a friend and I were discussing yesterday (spoilers for Haunted):
                  Spoiler:

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o...ary/crying.jpg

We were discussing how, even before she knows what's really going on with John, Helen's grief once she realizes he's murdering again and that she has, effectively, lost him is palpable. You can literally see it on her face and in her eyes especially. It's just an amazingly brilliant and subtle performance. Even when she's pointing a gun at him she sounds angry, but her face says something different. And I can't help but wonder if her statement to Kate when asked why she's trying to save John, that it's, to paraphrase, 'more about compulsion' isn't as much an answer to why she - herself- is saving John than why he's killing. Because I don't think at that point she's willing to analysis her full feelings for him (though as with her eyes I think they're evident in the way she keeps touching him while he's on the table) and so really in a way sees her actions in saving him as being 'compulsive'. Though, I guess in a way, that's what love is
                  Pic discussion:
                  Spoiler:
                  Yes Amanda's performance just blew me away. Her expressions were just perfect...
                  I agree that her statement about compulsion seemed to be more about her inability to let John die than John's actions, I think that she was describing how her feelings cloud her mind when it comes to John. I think Helen was somewhat disappointed with herself because she couldn't let John go, because she still loves him
                  sigpic
                  Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Originally posted by yessika View Post
                    Pic discussion:
                    Spoiler:
                    Yes Amanda's performance just blew me away. Her expressions were just perfect...
                    I agree that her statement about compulsion seemed to be more about her inability to let John die than John's actions, I think that she was describing how her feelings cloud her mind when it comes to John. I think Helen was somewhat disappointed with herself because she couldn't let John go, because she still loves him
                    Spoiler:
                    I don't think that she will ever be able to let him go. For a person there is that one soul shattering heartbreaking deep love that only comes from the other person who hares apart of your soul. For Helen, John was the other part of her soul, that deep love that will never go away, no matter how he may hurt her.
                    sigpic

Comment

Honestly, I think Kate's observations about Helen and John's relationship being totally screwed up is incredibly accurate. Because I think Jenn is right in that the "compulsion" Helen is talking about is as much her own as John's. Otherwise, why wouldn't she just have let him die? She *has* to save him. Somehow. In some way. It's what she's been doing since the day she realized what he had become, standing in the alley, trying to get him to stop. And if it hasn't been him she's been saving directly, it's been others like him...other monsters...other abnormals...who stand in place of John.

And the *only* time she didn't try to save *him* directly was when he threatened the only thing about him she *had* saved: Ashley.

So in this context, it's entirely within Helen's pattern of behavior to not let him die there in her Sanctuary, but to revive him, even if in reviving him she's sentencing him to an eternity of captivity, for his own good and the good of others. At least she'd have saved him in some way. Now that's compulsion.

And tbh, I think that compulsion--at least at this point--is borne out of guilt as much as it is out of love...quite possibly more so. Because of course even before she knew of the existence of the entity, Helen believed it was her own actions that had caused John's madness, and in her never-ending effort to atone for that error, she would, of course, done what she needed to do to save him, in whatever way she could. Even if it was in body only.

And while the concept of soul-mates is romantically appealing and certainly well-fed by stories of the Romance genre, I think--at least in my humble opinion--that applying it here in the same broad brushstrokes to a degree diminishes the depth and complexity of Helen's relationship with John, and his with her. Because while I agree that they have a connection to each other that transcends the ordinary, its seems hardly sufficient to simply ascribe it to some mystical attachment. Not when we can see through their respective histories how they have shaped each other...even scarred each other...with their love and their fear, their loss and even their hate. In some ways theirs really is an ordinary love that's been made extraordinary through the circumstances of their lives. And it's those circumstances which, imho, have forged this indestructable bond between them, for better or for worse. So, at least...for me...this is a much more satisfying way of trying to understand Helen and John and their relationship than simply ascribing it to a nebulous concept of ideal bonding that soul-mates suggests.

sigpic

Comment

Ohhh i feel Rough! staff party last night.. fair to say that i am never in my life drinking vodka again!

As for the Haunted discussion, Amanda portrays such good emotion from her eyes. Looking at that pic, you can just see so much anguish.. AT amazes me everyday!
                        sigpic

General Of The Tesla Troopers, Proud Member of Magnett, MOP and SHIP

Comment

Originally posted by atlantis_babe34 View Post
                          Ohhh i feel Rough! staff party last night.. fair to say that i am never in my life drinking vodka again!

As for the Haunted discussion, Amanda portrays such good emotion from her eyes. Looking at that pic, you can just see so much anguish.. AT amazes me everyday!
                          yes she does, and I love the depth of emotion she shows in that moment when John is on the ground. He is the one love that she will never git rid of. She'll never be free of him, nor do I think she wants to be.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AstraPerAspera View Post
                            And while the concept of soul-mates is romantically appealing and certainly well-fed by stories of the Romance genre, I think--at least in my humble opinion--that applying it here in the same broad brushstrokes to a degree diminishes the depth and complexity of Helen's relationship with John, and his with her. Because while I agree that they have a connection to each other that transcends the ordinary, its seems hardly sufficient to simply ascribe it to some mystical attachment. Not when we can see through their respective histories how they have shaped each other...even scarred each other...with their love and their fear, their loss and even their hate. In some ways theirs really is an ordinary love that's been made extraordinary through the circumstances of their lives. And it's those circumstances which, imho, have forged this indestructable bond between them, for better or for worse. So, at least...for me...this is a much more satisfying way of trying to understand Helen and John and their relationship than simply ascribing it to a nebulous concept of ideal bonding that soul-mates suggests.
                            I would argue that the depth of their feelings for each other - their true relationship - is in many ways the opposite of the sort of 'romantic' ideal soul-mate concept. They don't love each other simply because they were fated to do so or their hearts cry out to each other or anything like that... Their love - if you even want to call it that - almost transcends emotions into, as you say, compulsion. Helen simply *can't* imagine her life without him in it in one way or another.

Or, in other words, in the typical 'romance', two people fall madly deeply (and all those other cliches) in love with each other fairly quickly and then must overcome circumstances to have the relationship they were always meant to have. While Helen and John obviously loved each other way back in the 1880s, it's actually all the events and pain and everything else they've been through which has truly forged the deep and unbreakable bond between them.

Or, as John says (granted, when taken over mostly by the creature), "It's never over between us, is it?" It can't be, because they've become so much a part of each other that they simply *can't* stay away from each other even when they know it will bring nothing but pain.

Their bond has been forged in fire to be far stronger, I think, than it would ever have been otherwise.

Comment

yes she does, and I love the depth of emotion she shows in that moment when John is on the ground. He is the one love that she will never git rid of. She'll never be free of him, nor do I think she wants to be.
                              I agree there bound to eachother not only through the Pure blood but there love for Ashley and that eternal flame that burns inside them
                              sigpic

Comment

And every time she sees him that flame gets hawter and hawter... though she is very good at keeping his features schooled.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X