• Time
  • Show
Clear All

G=Get
    A=Amanda
    B=Back
    I=In
    T=Town

It was set up by four fans that were tired of how cons were run and wanted less about profit and a convention with just Amanda, her fans, and raising money for charity. When it first started the charities were Hearing Dogs for Deaf People and Water Keepers Alliance. AT4, I believe, the two charities changed to Hearing Dogs and Sanctuary for Kids.
    The only one I remember being canceled or rather postponed was due to her pregnancy with Oliva.

For more information and pictures of past events check out their website
    http://www.gabitevents.co.uk/
    Last edited by JanSam; 14 May 2012, 05:19 PM. Reason: added link
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JanSam View Post
      G=Get
      A=Amanda
      B=Back
      I=In
      T=Town

It was set up by four fans that were tired of how cons were run and wanted less about profit and a convention with just Amanda, her fans, and raising money for charity. When it first started the charities were Hearing Dogs for Deaf People and Water Keepers Alliance. AT4, I believe, the two charities changed to Hearing Dogs and Sanctuary for Kids.
      The only one I remember being canceled or rather postponed was due to her pregnancy with Oliva.

For more information and pictures of past events check out their website
      http://www.gabitevents.co.uk/
      Wow!!! I l-o-v-e this abbreviation!!! Thanks for the info, next year I will try to get to London at any cost!

Comment

Sorry to interrupt the wonderful talk about AT, but I have a question and wanted you guys' thoughts.

This is concerning "Out of the Blue" and "Into the Black". How much time do you think passed between the two episodes? To me it doesn't seem like there was very much time at all. (I am currently trying to work out the specifics for my story, so it all flows.) Any thoughts?
        sigpic
        || acrazyobsession on AO3 & Tumblr || My DeviantArt ||

Comment

Sanctuary cancelled.

Woes.

I can't say I'm surprised at this point, but

I'd hoped they would at least manage to get rid of the energy creature from John before the bitter end.
          sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

On the bright side, now we fic writers can give Helen and John whatever closure we deem fit without clashing with canon.

Still, it won't come anywhere close to being the same as watching AT and CH play off each other.

Comment

Originally posted by selene0789 View Post
              On the bright side, now we fic writers can give Helen and John whatever closure we deem fit without clashing with canon.

Still, it won't come anywhere close to being the same as watching AT and CH play off each other.
              No, it won't. AT and CH had such chemistry. The first time I saw the webisode scene where he held a knife up to her throat and then smelled her hair....*sighs*

I will also miss watching Amanda and Jonathon Young together. I don't ship Magnus and Tesla, but I love watching the banter back and forth and their interaction. And I will miss RyRo in general. Henry was just plain awesome.

Selene does this mean you have a fic in the works?! I'd love to read a post season 4 fic, that explains how Druit got back from Hollow Earth (and wasn't killed in siphoning all that power from Adam's machine, and his reaction to her blowing up the Sanctuary....

Comment

Originally posted by ClassicCouples View Post
                This is concerning "Out of the Blue" and "Into the Black". How much time do you think passed between the two episodes? To me it doesn't seem like there was very much time at all. (I am currently trying to work out the specifics for my story, so it all flows.) Any thoughts?
                Going from just memory; it didn't seem much time passed to me at all but looking at the transcripts that Sky was so nice to do...

Fallon "We had no choice. We lost power to our section of the tunnels. At first I thought Ranna’s forces had tracked me down but, no one came. And then the rumors began. That Praxis had been attacked."
                Will: By whom?
                Fallon: Truthfully, I don’t know. We waited as long as we could. But power from the city is what sustained our water supply. Eventually the local tribes met and we decided that we would take our chances on the surface."

and later Helen "She said when they got to the nearest gateway the Praxian defenses were down. It would explain why the psych worms escaped."

so at least few days had passed?
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by picardythirds View Post
                  Selene does this mean you have a fic in the works?! I'd love to read a post season 4 fic, that explains how Druit got back from Hollow Earth (and wasn't killed in siphoning all that power from Adam's machine, and his reaction to her blowing up the Sanctuary....
                  I have, like, ten fics in the works. But sadly, none of them particularly deal with Druitt after Into the Black. This is mostly because these fic ideas have been bouncing around my head since long before that. Particularly the epic ones. The littke one-shots I'm fond of don't really count, sometimes.

Don't ask me how I'm going to end up incorporating Sanctuary's move belowground. I'm still thinking about it.

Comment

No, it won't. But you're right, that is a bright side! It means we can fix things!
                    sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

Originally posted by Artie View Post
                      No, it won't. But you're right, that is a bright side! It means we can fix things!
                      Playing off the disasterous ending of S3... I had the idea where John gets pulled through the time vortex, but ends up on the street ten years later injured where James finds him and James hides John away from the world to help tear that creature from John's soul as John would save James, telling Watson to devise a way to fake his death to keep with the time line. And after Helen rejoins the world, James sends her a message to meet him on an island where she see's john as he used to be, before the blood. he would be gentle, with an easy smile on his face light in his eyes, and all his love for her surrounding them.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by picardythirds View Post
                        No, it won't. AT and CH had such chemistry. The first time I saw the webisode scene where he held a knife up to her throat and then smelled her hair....*sighs*

I will also miss watching Amanda and Jonathon Young together. I don't ship Magnus and Tesla, but I love watching the banter back and forth and their interaction. And I will miss RyRo in general. Henry was just plain awesome.

I liked her banter with Tesla too. And Henry was indeed awesome.

Originally posted by AresLover452 View Post
                        Playing off the disasterous ending of S3... I had the idea where John gets pulled through the time vortex, but ends up on the street ten years later injured where James finds him and James hides John away from the world to help tear that creature from John's soul as John would save James, telling Watson to devise a way to fake his death to keep with the time line. And after Helen rejoins the world, James sends her a message to meet him on an island where she see's john as he used to be, before the blood. he would be gentle, with an easy smile on his face light in his eyes, and all his love for her surrounding them.
                        That might work, only, James is dead so he can't send her a message to meet him somewhere. But I could see him hiding out for 103 years with James secretly trying to remove the entity from him. He kept Helen's location a secret for 113, even from her, so why not John's?
                        Icon by AceofHadeon Sig by TrueRomantic

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Padme18 View Post
                          That might work, only, James is dead so he can't send her a message to meet him somewhere. But I could see him hiding out for 103 years with James secretly trying to remove the entity from him. He kept Helen's location a secret for 113, even from her, so why not John's?
                          If i do write this.... which might not be fore a while.... then I would figure out how to make it so James survives.... but I would have to put a lot of thought into it.

Made some art for magnett!

sigpic

Comment

Is anyone still around? Is anyone still writing anything?
                            sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

Originally posted by Artie View Post
                              Is anyone still around? Is anyone still writing anything?
                              I'm around! I haven't posted a Magnett fic in a while, though it's in the works. I'll prolly churn out a flashback fic first. I'll let you know.

Comment

I've been working on three Magnett fics if you're interested:

Tempest in a Teapot http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7568060/...st_in_a_Teapot
                                Five Hours in Ye Old London http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7659871/..._Ye_Old_London
                                The Mirror Cracked http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8016166/...Mirror_Cracked

I wish more Magnett fics were being written. Just about everything I'm finding is Teslen. :-[

I'm around! I haven't posted a Magnett fic in a while, though it's in the works. I'll prolly churn out a flashback fic first. I'll let you know.

Comment

Working...
                                X