Sanctuary in the UK- ITV 4 / Watch News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
    I emailed ITV about cancelling Primeval This was their response..

"After three very successful series of Primeval there are no plans at the present time for it to return to ITV. High quality drama remains a key part of the ITV schedule although our current focus is on post-watershed productions."

High quality drama huh...So we can expect loads more reality shows and soaps then ITV suck when it comes to keeping good shows
    i wouldn't call soaps "post watershed" it makes me think of things like Law & Order UK and stuff like that
    Spoiler:
    Disclaimer:
    I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
    Quotes!
    - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
    - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
    - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AvatarIII View Post
      i wouldn't call soaps "post watershed" it makes me think of things like Law & Order UK and stuff like that
      True, and garbage reality shows could be called post watershed The UK hasn't exactly got a good track record when it comes to making high quality drama

It just doesn't make sense to cancel a show that has high viewing figures I am really starting to get reluctant about watching new shows now in case I really get into them just for them to cancel it It's getting beyong ridiculous now *shakes head*
      sigpic

Comment

Hi guys I also by coincidence contacted ITV yesterday about Sanctuary, here's the reply I got this morning:

Dear Ms Smith

Thank you for your email. At the moment we have no details regarding Season 2 of SANCTUARY. However, it may be worth keeping an eye on our website www.itv.com/ where details will appear when a decision has been made.

Regards
        ITV VIEWER SERVICES.ae

I'm not sure what to make of it.

Julia(samcarterrules)
        sigpic
        Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Hopefully someone will have the info. When and where will S2 air in the UK? Seeing as we are not getting anywhere with ITV I'm looking to ask a relative with cable to record it for me. Does anyone know what channel, day and time it will air in the UK?

Thank you and here's hoping!
          sigpic

Comment

/\ It's funny that you mention this, Mousie, as I sent another email to ITV4 asking about Sanctuary.

Here's the reply I received today....

Dear Beverley

Thank you for your recent email regarding SANCTUARY.

Unfortunately at the moment there are no further transmission details
            available. I am sorry for any disappointment.

Kind regards
            ITV VIEWER SERVICES - PR

*sigh* Still no air date.
            sigpic

Comment

It's frustrating. Thank you for updating about ITV, at least we know it looks like they definately won't be playing it......
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mousie View Post
                It's frustrating. Thank you for updating about ITV, at least we know it looks like they definately won't be playing it......
                I wouldn't say that. From that generic statement all I'd take away from it was that Sanctuary won't be showing anytime this month.

I vaguely recall a comment somewhere from one of TPTB that S2 would be on ITV4 but I could be mistaken.

How far behind the US did they start to show S1 last year?
                -

Comment

I think we were only a few days. You guys got it on the Friday and then we got it on the Monday night IIRC.
                  sigpic

Comment

Ok, season 2 of Sanctuary starts Friday October 8th in the US.

The Region 1 DVDs will be released on Tuesday September 15th.

And the Region 2 DVDs will be released on Monday October 19th.
                    sigpic
                    Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                    To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                    And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post

I vaguely recall a comment somewhere from one of TPTB that S2 would be on ITV4 but I could be mistaken.
                      Your not mistaken, Damian said that at the end of the last Geeksyndicate interview. The interviewer seemed surprised and I thought he said he was going to check into it.
                      sigpic

Comment

ITV4 still have a Sanctuary site on their web pages. All it tells us is series 1 is finished, but doesn't say anything about series 2.

I remember that this happened last year, with the web site and emails giving us no information until the air date was very close. Hopefully we'll get some good news sometime soon.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post
                          ITV4 still have a Sanctuary site on their web pages. All it tells us is series 1 is finished, but doesn't say anything about series 2.

I remember that this happened last year, with the web site and emails giving us no information until the air date was very close. Hopefully we'll get some good news sometime soon.
                          That's what I'm hoping too.

Julia(samcarterrules)
                          sigpic

Comment

I've just been trawling around the ITV website and went to ITV 4 and their Sanctuary page, and on it says Sanctuary Season 2: Coming soon to ITV 4

So looks like we'll be getting it soon! No dates, but at least we know it's in the pipeline now.

Tracy

Comment

Originally posted by t_2 View Post
                              I've just been trawling around the ITV website and went to ITV 4 and their Sanctuary page, and on it says Sanctuary Season 2: Coming soon to ITV 4

So looks like we'll be getting it soon! No dates, but at least we know it's in the pipeline now.

Tracy
                              Brilliant news Tracy! I was beginning to worry we wouldn't see it at all.

Julia(samcarterrules)
                              sigpic

Comment

I've just been sent a text by a friend to say Sanctuary starts October 12th on ITV4. Just going to check it on their schedule, if it's available.

ETA: I can't confirm scheduling for four days, apparently. Sigh. So we'll have to trust the information I've received (apparently Shelley has also received this information from ITV, so I'm not the only one).
                                Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Working...
                                X