Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sanctuary Discussion (Spoilers for the most recent episode)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
    Would that I could, would that I could.

Unfortunately I have taken 2 years (!!!) off studying so I can work full time, earn money, apply for a working holiday in the UK, work full time in the UK, earn money, attend AT4, work some more in the UK, earn money to pay to come home. So no physics for me for a while... apart from when I get a bit teary and drag my physics book out because I miss it
    Sounds like a fun hiatus! Sometimes time away helps clarify decisions! Hope you have a great time.

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
    I reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaly want the show to go on as long as it can, and be as big a success as it can,
    Ditto here. Want it to succeed for the team behind it. I helped as much as I could during it's online debut.

I will help now by watching.

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    So many goodies to read and watch! Great interview, thanks for posting!

Originally posted by mapsc View Post
    A Sanctuary "sneak peek" will be shown during the season premier of Eureka on Tuesday, July 29th at 9:00pm. Saw the blurb on the Eureka page at scifi.com. Guess I'll have to watch Eureka.

Mike
    WAIT!!! Hold the presses. You realize this means I have to suffer through an entire hour of watching Colin Ferguson, right? I actually haven't ever watched a whole Eureka episode, but I have managed to notice the lead actor.
    Last edited by tagger; 27 July 2008, 08:44 PM.
    Words have tremendous power. The right words spoken by the right people at the right times can lift up communities, transform lives, mend relationships, break hearts—even topple empires.
    Quint Studer

Comment

Originally posted by morjana View Post
      Stargate / Sanctuary - Amanda Tapping - The Windsor Star:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....postcount=1609
      Thanks for all the links, Morjana!

I like AT's perspective on some sides of the entertainment industry.

Sanctuary - Multipleverses: Video from Comic Con Panel:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....&postcount=254
      Loved the interview! How nice of whomever took the time to record and post the whole panel!

I would have enjoyed being there, but seeing the vid is close enough for me!

Sanctuary improv. Plenty of LOL moments!

I hope Sanctuary continues for years so they can do all the things they want to. More backstory is fantastic.

Hope the business running end of things doesn't steal the joy out of what they do. Sounds stressful, BUT, look, they have their own show!! They did it, they are still friends, and the business is still going.

LOL! Helens' daughter is a feral child, perhaps raised by wolves? Badgers?

I'm going with wolverines.
      Words have tremendous power. The right words spoken by the right people at the right times can lift up communities, transform lives, mend relationships, break hearts—even topple empires.
      Quint Studer

Comment

Thanks so much Morjana!!! I really enjoyed watching that, although I couldn't understand everything and had to rewind a couple of bits. Awesome, like Amanda doing the headdesk (or headmic) hehe.

I wonder what was going on around 6 minutes to the end though. Everyone seemed a bit upset by what happened (or was said) offscreen.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
          Thanks so much Morjana!!! I really enjoyed watching that, although I couldn't understand everything and had to rewind a couple of bits. Awesome, like Amanda doing the headdesk (or headmic) hehe.

I wonder what was going on around 6 minutes to the end though. Everyone seemed a bit upset by what happened (or was said) offscreen.
          I couldn't think of anything new to say, so I brought this post over from Samanda-

Spoiler:
          The part I looooooooooooooooooooved the part that brought a big smile to my face was when how when Amanda came out and everyone gave her a HUGE applause and cheer, it was so loud I almost went deaf (I have super headphones ) and she actually started bowing to them . The narrator talked about how amazing the effects are, and how it's going to make HD look like a thing of the past, which is already a good sign of a good TV show . Martin did a lot of talking about how the show works, and I got to tell ya, I like what I hear , he also talked about how it was such a huge hit online, and when Damian showed him the script and who showed play Helen they both thought of Amanda, Robin talked about how good the show is, and poor Amanda, Martin and Robin kept making "Tapping" jokes . Robin said something good about Helen and then said "That's something that Amanda Tapping’s character Tapps" into", then he says he's been waiting to use that line, and Amanda just sits there and laughs and takes it like "Yeah okay" Then like 30 seconds later Martin says something about the show, and says "And that is after Amanda has done her "Tapping", and Amanda laughed some more, Amanda's such a sport . I've heard some good "Tapping" jokes before, but that's the first time I've heard them said to Amanda's face .

Amanda-- Amanda was so cute, at one point she actually banged her head against the mic, and everyone laughed because it was so loud . She talked about Helen and how they're going to be putting a lot more backstory into the characters, and when someone asked Amanda what it's like to be the boss, talked about how hard and long the works been for her, and how every second of the day is filled and how she has to leave home at 5:30 in the morning, until she leaves the set. She also made it very clear of how long and busy she is, she even compared it to playing Carter, and how hard it was learning all the dialog, but now since she's the boss, she thinks actors complain too much . And Amanda, Martin and Robin hope for a bigger booth next year like the Continuum booth . I loved this vid, Amanda was there, everyone in the crowed was great and they all seem to be excited about Sanctuary, and now I am even more . I feel better about the show now, and from this vid, I got a little extra boost of hope it'll do well and become a hit and give Amanda the success and recognition she deserves. Bring on Sanctuary!

Oh and I don't want to jinx anything but, Martin did say something about a
          Spoiler:
          you sure you want to know?
          Spoiler:
          SEASON 2!!!!!!!*SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE*

I do have 3 questions about the vid though:

1) At 17:40 Amanda looks at something in front of her, waves and says "Hi, I'm at a panel" That was cute, but does anyone know who she was talking to?

2) What happened at 06:42? Because they all just stopped and look in the same direction.

3) Was there a baby there?

Comment

This was fantastic morjana thanks for posting it. and thanks to whoever recorded it too.

Julia(samcarterrules)
            sigpic
            Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
              and that's new stuff...she's got her 'real' hair
              Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
              Amanda has different clothes on too, doesn't she? Unless its an entirely new scene of course
              Julia(samcarterrules)
              She looks great!!! I love the new look...much more in line with today's style...unlike that puffy white shirt...although I do love that shirt and dress ensemble!!!

Thank you morjana!! I'm having trouble watching it but am hopeful that this problem will be rectified soon-ish!!
              I hope someone can clear that up...upset is not a good thing!!
              "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
              Hug Your Loved Ones!!
              ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Yes it was a great Sanctuary panel video filled with funny moments! I was talking to someone yesterday and they said that camaraderie like that often times translate on screen which would be awesome IMO!! Even RR was there LOL filming the crowd

I'm also looking forward to more Back Story. And YAY tomorrow is the season premiere of Eureka which I'm excited about but now even more so at the Sanctuary sneak peak... The special effects seem to be taking on a whole other level.

Just because I'm not sure if it should be in spoilers or not
                Spoiler:
                I also like the idea that they have abnormals that look more normal... that's like the vampire and John ... that brings more a mystery to the show... but there are also abnormals that appear normal that are not harmful/evil like Helen and maybe Ashley (both her parents have un-natural abilities - just wonder what she will inherit).
                Last edited by ann_sgcfan; 28 July 2008, 05:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
                  Amanda has different clothes on too, doesn't she? Unless its an entirely new scene of course

Julia(samcarterrules)
                  New clothes and new scene I think. That doesn't look familiar at all. From what they've been saying, our webisodes will be valuable collectors pieces, because the shows going to be VERY different.

As long as we still get to see Steve.
                  Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
                  William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
                  Anon

Comment

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan View Post
                    Yes it was a great Sanctuary panel filled with funny moments! I was talking to someone yesterday and they said that camaraderie like that often times translate on screen which would be awesome IMO!! Even RR was there LOL filming the crowd

I'm also looking forward to more Back Story. And YAY tomorrow is the season premiere of Eureka which I'm excited about but now even more so at the Sanctuary sneak peak... The special effects seem to be taking on a whole other level.

Just because I'm not sure if it should be in spoilers or not
                    Spoiler:
                    I also like the idea that they have abnormals that look more normal... that's like the vampire and John ... that brings more a mystery to the show... but there are also abnormals that appear normal that are not harmful/evil like Helen and maybe Ashley (both her parents have un-natural abilities - just wonder what she will inherit).
                    I'm glad you liked it Ann maybe you could answer those 3 questions I asked.

1) At 17:40 Amanda looks at something in front of her, waves and says "Hi, I'm at a panel" That was cute, but does anyone know who she was talking to?

2) What happened at 06:42? Because they all just stopped and look in the same direction.

Comment

I'm glad you liked it Ann maybe you could answer those 3 questions I asked.

Hi Rocky, sorry if I gave the wrong impression I wasn't there (goes to edit post to make more clear)... I watched the same video you did I have an opinion, but really that's all it is...

1) Sounds like someone's phone was ringing and the fan answered it... AT did an improve ... guessing what the fan must be saying as she answered the phone. "Hey I'm on a panel" It was cute and AT told the crowd it was OK she talk on the phone.

2) Not sure but Amanda did mouth the words "Is he OK" and I agree they all looked startled. Lots of noise and it startled MW, RD, and AT.

3) Yep sounded like there was a little one there.

Comment

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan View Post
                        Hi Rocky, sorry if I gave the wrong impression I wasn't there (goes to edit post to make more clear)... I watched the same video you did I have an opinion, but really that's all it is...

1) Sounds like someone's phone was ringing and the fan answered it... AT did an improve ... guessing what the fan must be saying as she answered the phone. "Hey I'm on a panel" It was cute and AT told the crowd it was OK she talk on the phone.

2) Not sure but Amanda did mouth the words "Is he OK" and I agree they all looked startled. Lots of noise and it startled MW, RD, and AT.

3) Yep sounded like there was a little one there.
                        Oh that's okay Ann, I knew you weren't there, but you seemed to be as curious as I was about what that was. You know, for a moment after I heard a baby making noise, I thought back to when Amanda said "Hey I'm on a panel" I actually thought Olivia was there, or on the phone , but Amanda wouldn't bring her there. As for #2, I didn't see or hear Amanda use those words, maybe someone slipped or something. Whatever it was couldn't have been too bad, or else they would have stopped, or have been more startled, plus like 10 seconds later they were all smiles again, so it's all good. Do you know anyone who was there?

As for the panel itself, did you read my big review about it from up top?^ This panel and everything that was said made me feel better about the show, and the success it could have, I mean it sounds like they're going to be doing stuff that's never been seen on TV.

Comment

I talked with someone who was there about that last part. She thought someone wanted to leave the room and she thought maybe she heard the word paramedic. So, that would make sense for Amanda to say "is he OK" (I didn't catch that).
                          sigpic

Comment

I talked with someone who was there about that last part. She thought someone wanted to leave the room and she thought maybe she heard the word paramedic. So, that would make sense for Amanda to say "is he OK" (I didn't catch that).
                            Really, you were there at CC?

Comment

Sanctuary - SciFi.com: Video: Sanctuary panel at Comic Con:

From SciFi.com:

Sanctuary Panel - Comic Con 2008

Complete coverage of the "Sanctuary" panel from Comic-Con San Diego 2008.

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                              SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                              Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Really, you were there at CC?
                                Uh no. Didn't I say I talked to someone who was there? I meant talked online
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X