Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sanctuary Discussion (Spoilers for the most recent episode)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
    I did, but I'll try it again. Do you think part of my problem is that when I download it, it's a zip file? I don't seem to be able to open it or see an option to unzip.
    To unzip a file, you'll need a utility like WinZip (for windows) most computers come with a zip utility. The Flash 9 plugin is for viewing the trailer on the site, using their media play (the 'Watch Now' option).

Comment

I did, but I'll try it again. Do you think part of my problem is that when I download it, it's a zip file? I don't seem to be able to open it or see an option to unzip.
      Win XP (and ME too I think) has a built in zip program. But definitely grab WinZip and WinRAR. Between those two programs, you'll be able to handle the majority of compressed archives.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
        Win XP (and ME too I think) has a built in zip program. But definitely grab WinZip and WinRAR. Between those two programs, you'll be able to handle the majority of compressed archives.
        Somehow winzip wasn't coming up as an option for me. but I did follow this advice--(starting with the trial version ) & everything seems to work fine now. Talk about a computer dummy.
        But the important thing is I can view it now! I'm hoping the web episodes will be viewable the same way as this sample.

Thanks everyone for your tips.

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady View Post
          Comic Con is huge but NL and I still ran into each other a couple of times last year. We just need to plan on meeting someplace and going to eat or have a few drinks during the con.
          NL is not that hard to find ANYWHERE! Love ya NL!

SunKrux if you don't like Big Crowds Saturday at Comic Con I would suggest you stay out of the exhibit hall. It can be difficult to move in some areas of the hall on Saturday. The best days to visit the exhibit hall as far as crowds go is preview night on Wed or Sunday. The exhibit hall opens at 10:00 am everyday and people start lining up between 7:00 - 8:00 to be the first ones in the hall. There are lots of free giveaways at Comic Con but you have to be one of the first x in line to get them. So lots of waiting in line can happen at Comic Con. I usually try to go with several firends so if there is more than one thing we want to see we can split up to get in line and reserve a few seats for each other. The first year I went I got a bit overwhelmed on Saturday with the large mass of people.
          We'll see how I do...I doubt I'll be able to make to to anything before Friday because of work, dagnabit! But Saturday and Sunday are pretty good bets. I'll just hang outside if things get to bad for me. I have never done really well in big crowds, but I'm hoping since I'll be there with my evil twinny (Ryalin) and all the other fabu Scapers and Gaters I know, I'll be good. But promise me if you hear me "mooing" you'll drag my eema outside before I kill.
          sigpic
          I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7qT6Sfmxy0

I edited a Sanctuary TV Spot. It is only around 30 seconds long.

Comment

Originally posted by Starxgate View Post
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7qT6Sfmxy0

I edited a Sanctuary TV Spot. It is only around 30 seconds long.
              Loved it! Very nice.

Keep posting!
              Words have tremendous power. The right words spoken by the right people at the right times can lift up communities, transform lives, mend relationships, break hearts—even topple empires.
              Quint Studer

Comment

Somehow winzip wasn't coming up as an option for me. but I did follow this advice--(starting with the trial version ) & everything seems to work fine now. Talk about a computer dummy.
                But the important thing is I can view it now! I'm hoping the web episodes will be viewable the same way as this sample.

Thanks everyone for your tips.
                Yay Jckfan! Glad it works for you!

Still no joy for me. Deleted and (re)downloaded both qicktime and media player (and rebooted), added the flash 9 plugin (again), got the file downloaded and...still end up with major hang-ups when I try to view the file. (Yes, it's a zip file, but when I unzip the problem is still there. With all resolutions.)

suse
                sigpic
                Mourning Sanctuary.
                Thanks for the good times!

Comment

After watching Mini's great vids I decided to make a Sanctuary music vid....Ok so Mandy threatened to bite if I didn't post it here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TZqud6CLTQ

Hope you like it
                  Last edited by JanSam; 30 March 2007, 09:44 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
                    OMG! OMG! Did anyone warn the San Diego authorities that Spaz will be in town?!
                    *shakes angry fist*

FYI, everyone likes me down there! Really!

And it'd be great if we could all get together for a drink or something there.

Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
                    This will be my first Comic Con and I hope I don't wind up leaving it early because I do not, let me emphazies this I DO NOT LIKE BIG CROWDS. My motto is with big crowds, "If I start mooing like a cow, it's time for me to go home." Most people in big crowds tend to be rude, crude and socially unacceptable and I can't stand that kind of behavior. I'd rather go home than deal with it. I tend to get a little pissy (no I don't mean drunk either) in big crowds.
                    I don't blame you for being wary of it. It all sounds - and looks - like one giant fire hazard. And yet... Can't stay away...

ETA: Thanks for the tip, tsax. I might have to give the Exhibit Hall a fleeting once over.

Originally posted by JanSam View Post
                    After watching Mini's great vids I decided to make a Sanctuary music vid....Ok so Mandy threatened to bite if I didn't post it here.

Hope you like it
                    Wow. Mandy's habit was used for good and not evil this time!

I'm salivating, and shall have to go watch your vid ASAP.

ETA2: JanSam! This is so cool. I'm so amazed that you were able to do so much with only about 3 minutes of footage!

Comment

If I might make a brief interjection?

If any of you fine folks ever find yourself in my neck of the woods - I.E. the Frozen North - let me know. We'll get together, have a few glasses of falling down water and so forth.
                      sigpic
                      Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                      To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                      And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

More Smilies for All:

scarimor

Comment

scari have you submitted these to the "official" forum? you really should.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                          ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
                            scari have you submitted these to the "official" forum? you really should.
                            I'm so behind Yes I have now. Thank you
                            scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by JanSam View Post

Hope you like it
                              Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post

Wow. Mandy's habit was used for good and not evil this time!

I'm salivating, and shall have to go watch your vid ASAP.

ETA2: JanSam! This is so cool. I'm so amazed that you were able to do so much with only about 3 minutes of footage!

Yep, see I'm not all bad I threatened persuaded JanSam to post this most awesme video...my good work is done for the day...now back to being evil
                              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Another update in the small victories of the computer illiterate line: I managed to burn the trailer onto a CD successfully. Practicing for later. Since I've only done that a few times I was very proud of myself.

Comment

Working...
                                X