Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sanctuary Discussion (Spoilers for the most recent episode)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So we should be paying less, ours cost £6 a bundle, which is about $12. £1 is worth roughly $2, if the us is only paying $2 then they are getting it much cheaper than we are, hmm might bring that up on friday...
    sigpic
    You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
    Stargate : Genesis |
    Original Starship DesignThread
    Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
    11000! green me

Comment

is there a high quality version of the first webisode available *besides* at youtube or sanctuaryfans? the youtube version is watchable, but hardly high quality, and the sanctuaryfans site is unfriendly for my computer (i can *never* work through this sites issues with slowness and choppiness, and this is without even trying to watch the ep )

i REALLY want to see this ep in all it's glory!

but about the ep...

i've watched it once through, then today played just helen's parts. i really, really, REALLY hope there's more helen in future eps!

sally
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
        is there a high quality version of the first webisode available *besides* at youtube or sanctuaryfans? the youtube version is watchable, but hardly high quality, and the sanctuaryfans site is unfriendly for my computer (i can *never* work through this sites issues with slowness and choppiness, and this is without even trying to watch the ep )

but about the ep...

i've watched it once through, then today played just helen's parts. i really, really, REALLY hope there's more helen in future eps!

sally
        Not via legal means, no.

*edit* Maybe I misunderstood. Are you talking about free versions?
        Last edited by antoa; 17 May 2007, 04:12 PM.

Comment

but about the ep...

sally
          Yes, through the sanctuaryforall.com website you can purchase one HD webisode at a time if you like. The HD bundle option is still not back in the store last time I checked...
          Words have tremendous power. The right words spoken by the right people at the right times can lift up communities, transform lives, mend relationships, break hearts—even topple empires.
          Quint Studer

Comment

but about the ep...

sally
            Here's the YouTube brighter version, without having to go through the SancruaryFans site http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6K-v4MJScz0&eurl=
            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by antoa315 View Post
              Not via legal means, no.

*edit* Maybe I misunderstood, but you do know that you can purchase SD and HD versions of the ep, right?

'hd' is high definition, right? what's 'sd'? and i know i can purchase weps, but i want to see just how good this will look on my computer before i buy them. (i will end up buying them, though)

i was wondering if a high definition verions was available 'for free' right now?

sally
              sally

sigpic

Comment

'hd' is high definition, right? what's 'sd'? and i know i can purchase weps, but i want to see just how good this will look on my computer before i buy them. (i will end up buying them, though)

i was wondering if a high definition verions was available 'for free' right now?
                The HD are not available for free, only the low res (resolution) ones on You Tube.

SD is standard definition. It's better than low res, but not as good as HD.

The 2 minute trailer was originally offered in SD and HD.

Comment

I'm new to the terminology as well...

SD I believe is standard definition.

HD high definition.

I am not sure what definition the youtube free version is (I read somewhere medium definition, but I have no idea what that means).

The first 4 webisodes will be available on youtube for sure, I don't know about other places.

EDIT: Ooops, duplicate info... antoa posted this already
                  Words have tremendous power. The right words spoken by the right people at the right times can lift up communities, transform lives, mend relationships, break hearts—even topple empires.
                  Quint Studer

Comment

i'm gonna guess

SD - Standard Def will be about 720 x 586 pixels in size
                    HD - High Def will be 1280 x 786...thus bigger and in a more wide screen version while the SD is gonna be closer to standard 4x3 ratio

Standard Def is comperable to what you see on cable. while HD is crisper and more edges are accentuated. HD camera capture more detail when they film

Think of it like....Ok, ever seen any old civil war photos? they had such a long exposure time that the images almost look 3D. You can see fine details, the pores on peoples faces, etc.

Now compare that to a snap shot taken by a disposible camera? It's flat and one dimensional

HD is that old long exposure photo. Details are visible while SD is your snapshot taken on a cheap camera. Sure, it's a photo, but it lacks all the fine detail that the HD has

both pics are just as good, but the HD version will be so 'real' that you feel lilke you're there
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Message on the sanctuary forum regarding the cost concerns:

Posted by Melissa (one of the mods):

Hey everyone, please forgive me for posting the same exact message in several threads but the producers wanted me to make sure that everyone knows that they are aware of your cost concerns and the issues you have all raised and they want you know that this is a top priority for them to resolve. They are listening and they do care.
                      YAY!! Gotta love the fan interactivity.

I think the weird cost structure will be resolved to many peoples satisfaction, not all, since you can't please everyone, but at least they are listening to our concerns.

Quint Studer

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                        i'm gonna guess

SD - Standard Def will be about 720 x 586 pixels in size
                        HD - High Def will be 1280 x 786...thus bigger and in a more wide screen version while the SD is gonna be closer to standard 4x3 ratio

Standard Def is comperable to what you see on cable. while HD is crisper and more edges are accentuated. HD camera capture more detail when they film

Think of it like....Ok, ever seen any old civil war photos? they had such a long exposure time that the images almost look 3D. You can see fine details, the pores on peoples faces, etc.

Now compare that to a snap shot taken by a disposible camera? It's flat and one dimensional

HD is that old long exposure photo. Details are visible while SD is your snapshot taken on a cheap camera. Sure, it's a photo, but it lacks all the fine detail that the HD has

both pics are just as good, but the HD version will be so 'real' that you feel lilke you're there
                        Actually, from what I understand, the aspect ratio will not vary from HD to SD, and the size doesn't make it SD or HD, it's the dots or pixels per inch.

Comment

it does have something to do with info per second that's taped

we have a camera that records in HD, it records a gig a minute, where as our sd is a quarter that, 256 megs a minute of info
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Damian has posted on the BLOG about price concerns.
                            My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady View Post
                              Damian has posted on the BLOG about price concerns.
                              That's good news, thanks for posting tsaxlady
                              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Fly-by post!!!

Sanctuary's first ep was fabulous! I didn't even think of Sam when I was watching (and listening to) Helen...and as familiar as I am with Sam after all these years, that's incredible.

AT is incredible.

Comment

Working...
                                X