Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sanctuary Discussion (Spoilers for the most recent episode)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    I'd rather see helen finding a guy that she can't tell about
    Spoiler:
    'subtropolis' and having to choose/deal with it .
    me too.

any actor in mind, sky?
    sally

sigpic

Comment

I just want a Sanctuary that is much more like the webbies. I'll be happy with that and no romance at all. Please. The Helen/Nikola flirting is fun, but it's getting old. And I'd rather no Will/Abby AT ALL. Not so fond of Henry/what's her name either.
      sigpic
      Mourning Sanctuary.
      Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by Dinoman View Post
        Reminds me of Sam & Pete in Stargate.

yeah, well unless Damian or Martin have an actor brother in need of a gig, we'll miss the finer points of THAT little bit of history.
        but it could be a thing that they all face...if the
        Spoiler:
        subtropolis
        is to be a secret...can any of its residents ever leave? Can any outsiders be granted access? Can Abby know that magnus is alive and well and all her freaks are fine?

if her place is a 'refuge of no return' is it really a refuge or is it a prison?
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
          I just want a Sanctuary that is much more like the webbies. I'll be happy with that and no romance at all. Please. The Helen/Nikola flirting is fun, but it's getting old. And I'd rather no Will/Abby AT ALL. Not so fond of Henry/what's her name either.

I honestly would like to see more of 'abnormal of the week' with them figuring things out, giving comfort or kicking butt as needed. I like the episodic mystery aspect. Sanctuary in the shadows, not just an extension of hte government doing their dirty work.

sigpic

Comment

i don't even remember the sanctuary eps of the webbies. i mean i remember them, but not in the way some are saying they prefer the webbies to the tv eps.

i *love* romance and shipping, but my tastes in ship couples don't seem to match those of the sanct writers.
            sally

sigpic

Comment

yeah, well unless Damian or Martin have an actor brother in need of a gig, we'll miss the finer points of THAT little bit of history.
              Spoiler:
              subtropolis
              is to be a secret...can any of its residents ever leave? Can any outsiders be granted access? Can Abby know that magnus is alive and well and all her freaks are fine?

if her place is a 'refuge of no return' is it really a refuge or is it a prison?
              i know i'd go stir crazy if i couldn't go up top to the fresh air and sky and oceans, etc.
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dinoman View Post
                Reminds me of Sam & Pete in Stargate.
                Spoiler:
                subtropolis

Well, apparently Damian wrote "Chimera" so a fiasco with Helen/boyfriend out of the blue much like Sam/Pete is not out of the question

Comment

I don´t think it´s a prison, I believe that they can go to the surface if they want, they only have to be careful so that nobody sees them and maybe not too often but it seems as if it is a beautiful place so that shouldn´t be too hard and probably I´m wrong but I imagine that the transport system we saw is connected to many places on earth. That would be cool, they could enter it and if the new Sanctuary is somewhere in USA for example they could travel underground by the transport system to any place on earth, and then there isn´t too much the problem of being seen by someone who could be a danger.

And regarding Helen to be with some random person, which is not allowed to know anything about the Sanctuary, please not, that would be like Pete and Pete was a nightmare and that would be dull and unnecessary drama. I general don´t like it if they pair main charas with random persons. It´s much more appealing, at least for me, if they pair up the main charas. Akte X comes to my mind, Farscape or JAG and Stargate like it should have been.

Comment

I was just thinking that - I miss the webisodes...I loved the style of the show & that Will was her protege not someone who thinks he can do Magnus' job better than she can herself...I want Ashley back or more kick @ss from Kate & Biggie laughing coz his laugh just cracks me up. And I want Steve - the webisode Steve coz he was just awesome!
                    Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
                    If we get a S5, who'd like to see Charlotte back?
                    Nope..not I. I don't want more of Charlotte. I am happy that Magnus got her fling with Charlotte but I like the chemistry between either Magnus & Druitt or Magnus & Tesla.
                    I would like to see more of Bruno & Sheila tho...I kinda like those two nutbags!
                    What I want to know is if all the Sanctuary's have been sold, does that mean everyone went to the new Sub-Sanctuary? Does that mean no more global network just one big place where they all congregate? Wouldn't that get awefuly crowded? And what about the abby's like Edward & Sophie? Would they stay up on top or come down? If they stay up on top, who will look after them?
                    Hey, I just figured out why they/we absolutley NEED a season 5!! And here was I thinking they could have ended the series with the finale we got...stupid me!
                    "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

I honestly would like to see more of 'abnormal of the week' with them figuring things out, giving comfort or kicking butt as needed. I like the episodic mystery aspect. Sanctuary in the shadows, not just an extension of hte government doing their dirty work.
                      This is what I would like to see too. I'm a bit sick of all the political shenanigans in the show, and would like to see it getting back to what it was like in the beginning.

As to shipping in the show...please no. I'm tired of all the shipping, especially Will and Abby. I do enjoy Helen flirting with Nicola and Feliz, but I'd rather not see it go any further.
                      sigpic

Comment

you can't keep subtropolis a secret if its residents can come and go as they please. Someone will talk and word will get out.
                        the only way to keep the secret is to not allow them to leave.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                          Nope..not I. I don't want more of Charlotte. I am happy that Magnus got her fling with Charlotte but I like the chemistry between either Magnus & Druitt or Magnus & Tesla.
                          I would like to see more of Bruno & Sheila tho...I kinda like those two nutbags!
                          What I want to know is if all the Sanctuary's have been sold, does that mean everyone went to the new Sub-Sanctuary? Does that mean no more global network just one big place where they all congregate? Wouldn't that get awefuly crowded? And what about the abby's like Edward & Sophie? Would they stay up on top or come down? If they stay up on top, who will look after them?
                          Hey, I just figured out why they/we absolutley NEED a season 5!! And here was I thinking they could have ended the series with the finale we got...stupid me!
                          Even if Charlotte doesn't come back, I wonder if Helen would talk or maybe we'd see that side to Helen. I mean, Amanda talked about it at a few cons, and maybe S4 was just the start of it? I always believed that Amanda and company would pull off a storyline such as that with class and respect, and they did, and I'm all for seeing more of that in S5.

But yeah, I still think Helen and John should end up together, it's only right, and they have over 100 years of chemistry. And oh, if we get a S5, that means new opening credits.

Comment

you can't keep subtropolis a secret if its residents can come and go as they please. Someone will talk and word will get out.
                            the only way to keep the secret is to not allow them to leave.
                            I guess it really depends... they managed to keep the Sanctuary secret for quite some time and it seems to be only in recent years (maybe the last decade or two) that the government started to interfere with the Old City Sanctuary (and its network), even though they already knew about Helen and James' work in England in the early nineteen hundreds. And even then it only seemed to be known to people at the top of the government/UN. But Abnormals knew about Helen Magnus and the Sanctuary even if they didn't go there.

If the Abnormals would want to leave the new Sanctuary I think they should, but most of them were probably already with the old Sanctuaries and never left those buildings; now they can walk around their kind (with the exception of the dangerous ones) and enjoy the artificial sun and rivers etc. So why would they want to leave? I also imagine Abnormals have only been allowed to take up residence, work with the Sanctuary and whatnot under the condition they don't betray Magnus (although of course they can easily break their word but still). We saw Helen Magnus ask SHJ to become her first resident and he took her up on her offer knowing it would mean people would stop hunting him and he'd be able to live in her Sanctuary in safety (and good health presumably). But we've never seen any of the residents wanting to leave with the exception of the dangerous ones that have come to kill them or something.

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
                            Even if Charlotte doesn't come back, I wonder if Helen would talk or maybe we'd see that side to Helen. I mean, Amanda talked about it at a few cons, and maybe S4 was just the start of it? I always believed that Amanda and company would pull off a storyline such as that with class and respect, and they did, and I'm all for seeing more of that in S5.

But yeah, I still think Helen and John should end up together, it's only right, and they have over 100 years of chemistry. And oh, if we get a S5, that means new opening credits.
                            Yeah yeah, we get it. But just because they can doesn't mean they should. They've done it and now it's time to move on. Although I have to say if the teenage Will/Abby- or vague Henry/Erika-relationship is any indication of how TPTB handle and portray heterosexual relationships I would prefer Helen to hook up with another woman in the future if they feel she needs someone. Just not Charlotte again; that was nothing but a fling and to drag it out for a real relationship with no real foundation is just desperate.

I also disagree about Helen and John; they have a lot of history and there certainly is a lot of chemistry (I love the two of them together and their fights) but there's no chance in hell they'll ever be happy together again and they shouldn't try either. Helen already told him so in Into the Black and I couldn't agree more with her.
                            Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                            Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                            On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by siles View Post
                              Well, apparently Damian wrote "Chimera" so a fiasco with Helen/boyfriend out of the blue much like Sam/Pete is not out of the question
                              Whoa, that makes me really afraid I didn´t know that he wrote that terrible episode.

maybe we'd see that side to Helen. I mean, Amanda talked about it at a few cons, and maybe S4 was just the start of it? I always believed that Amanda and company would pull off a storyline such as that with class and respect, and they did, and I'm all for seeing more of that in S5.
                              I really wanna see that side to Helen too, but for me it would be more interesting if it would be with Nikola, alone because he is a great character and in combination with Helen that would be awesome and I could relate to that more than as if this would be a new character with no basis or Charlotte.

And I agree that Helen and John should never be together again, after all what he has done and how selfish he is, Nikola can be selfish too but he would never hinder Helen to become the person she has become over the years. So he loved only her 1880 self and not her present self.
                              Last edited by Altariel; 14 January 2012, 09:24 AM.

Comment

Me too. If we have any Helen romance I'd prefer it to be in flashback. I think they definitely go astray when they try ( and note I say *try*)for romance--with any of the characters.

As for Helen and John, they will always have a bond--but yeah, not ever happy together.
                                It would be interesting to see how Helen deals with John now that she's had over 100 years to reflect. Early on what I saw was part of her still loved him despite how badly he had treated her and that he was JTR.
                                She also had a clear eyed look at him reliving in effect his attack on her in Tempus. i think even if he gets free of the energy creature, Magnus still won't trust him. I don't see her going gooey over him.
                                Last edited by jckfan55; 14 January 2012, 09:31 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X