Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sanctuary Discussion (Spoilers for the most recent episode)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    I think her secret is

Spoiler:

she saved praxis. She warned them and, while adam did blow the city up, the city had been largely evacuated. Ranna and Magnus' father are alive and well in some other part of the under world
    Spoiler:
    She said in the SyFy Q&A that was recently posted, that Helen is on a secret "mission".

Originally posted by Dinoman View Post
    I think the big secret is:

Spoiler:
    the past Helen from Tempus joined the future Helen in present time. The past Helen is running a sanctuary with her father and possibly Ranna in Hollow Earth, and the present Helen is going to join them. That's why she has to has to go rogue in order to protect the Hollow Earth sanctuary and the abnormals.
    Spoiler:
    There's only one Helen in present day. She rejoined her original timeline shortly after she had left.
    Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
    William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
    Anon

Comment

Well whatever her secret is, I wonder if it has any affect on the timeline...she's not supposed to change anything so saving Praxis would be futzing with it...right?
      "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by greekbeth View Post
        Does anyone have a guess about magnus big secret?
        Spoiler:
        I've been thinking what if the Magnus we are seeing know isnt our Magnus not our timeline Magnus and our Magnus is still out there she could be in hollow earth or maybe watching everything from the shadows knowing Adam will try again to attack her and the Sanctuary maybe. It would be so hard to tell especially if at one point that we havent seen yet if Future Magnus has run into her past self at some point and told her everything becase both would know enough not to affect the timeline drasticly and what we are seeing are just small changes.
        sigpic
        (''For all Eternity'') Ripperette,MultishipperAmanda=Angel Magnett,Teslan,Willen

Comment

i know it's a secret 'mission' now, but if it had been a secret she's keeping...

Spoiler:
          i'd love it that she'd saved ashley, and had her stowed away in hollow earth, which she also saved.

but both 'saves' would be done to still allow the outside world to believe both were gone.

who says you can't create a new future? i mean, introducing ashley back into the world, and having alerted ranna about the destruction of praxis (which would let ranna and co just start building another city to replace praxis)... that's not altering, changing the past and how ppl reacted to these events, only altering the future by putting these 'deaths' back into their lives.

does that make sense?
          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
            i know it's a secret 'mission' now, but if it had been a secret she's keeping...

Spoiler:
            i'd love it that she'd saved ashley, and had her stowed away in hollow earth, which she also saved.

but both 'saves' would be done to still allow the outside world to believe both were gone.

who says you can't create a new future? i mean, introducing ashley back into the world, and having alerted ranna about the destruction of praxis (which would let ranna and co just start building another city to replace praxis)... that's not altering, changing the past and how ppl reacted to these events, only altering the future by putting these 'deaths' back into their lives.

does that make sense?
            But saving Ashley wouldn't real fall under "nothing major has changed from the past three years, perhaps only a few minor things" as AT said in a recent interview.
            Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
            Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
            On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
              But saving Ashley wouldn't real fall under "nothing major has changed from the past three years, perhaps only a few minor things" as AT said in a recent interview.
              maybe there's still a way to skirt around that. nothing has changed in the 'past' three years, but what about changing the direction of the future?

would helen allow that to happen?
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Maybe... But I don't think Magnus would do that, not after her reply to Adam when he asked if she wouldn't take the chance to get her daughter back. Plus they said they couldn't get EU back (but were hoping to do so in the future with a good explanation).
                Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Maybe... But I don't think Magnus would do that, not after her reply to Adam when he asked if she wouldn't take the chance to get her daughter back. Plus they said they couldn't get EU back (but were hoping to do so in the future with a good explanation).
                  i guess i'd like that to be a huge surprise at the end. ((ash))

but i know it's surprise 'mission'
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

What I don't get is why TPTB went down such a way last season? Revealing abnormals to world at large has the same effect in Sanctuary-verse as revealing SGC in SG-verse; it's such a huge deal.

Also it grates on my nerves that Helen thinks she can take on the UN. In the political climate post 9/11 and with abnormal threat revealed she'd be branded a terrorist in 2 sec flat. Heck they can even reveal to the world she's an abnormal too; let's see how the Sanctuary network will be then.
                    IMHO Damian went too far with this abnormal reveal and crusade... While it's great for drama and action, the plausibility of it went the way of the dodo

Comment

The latest from S4K:

Greetings everyone!

What a busy fall we have had and we are very excited to be launching our winter fundraising campaign which will head into full swing over the next couple of weeks. Last year, we raised $20000 through our winter campaign and this year we think we can surpass that.

As of today our “Bricks and Blocks” campaign starts. Currently Phoenix Vision Society is in Haiti building its first adobe building at the Canaan 2 camp. The building will be able to withstand an earthquake of 8.0 and will be used as a meeting place for the community and serve as a beacon in the evenings, as the only shelter with electricity. The Society has been training locals to build this shelter and with its completion, there will be a group of skilled labourers, able to replicate its construction throughout the camp in upcoming months. In keeping with this, we are going to build our own virtual adobe houses- each home is $2000, with a brick costing $20. So 100 bricks build a home! Just think how many adobe houses we can build in three months and then disperse to our international charities!

Also, later this month we will be selling a very limited release of signed copies of Rubber Rocks and Apple Boxes written by Terry Murray, and illustrated by Jenn Brisson. This is a children’s picture book of the behind-the-scenes work of the cast and crew of Sanctuary. Amanda sold a whack of these books when she was recently in New Zealand and Australia and the response has been fantastic!

We will begin selling t-shirts, hoodies and iPad covers on our website at the end of January. We have a gorgeous design, and the items are in production as we speak. Many people have been asking for such items and we are thrilled that it will soon be happening.

In addition to the winter campaign, we will be running a New Year’s auction from January 1st to January 10th, 2012. The auction is going to be great fun, as always. Details are meant to be a surprise but we would like to give the heads up that there will be a lunch on offer with Amanda and Robin in London, around the time of the Chevron 7.8 Convention in February.

Peace to all,

Amanda, Damian and Jill

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

is helen an abnormal? is helen part vampire?

someone on another board mentioned that longevity wasn't the only thing inherited from her taking the source blood.
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

Yeah, they (The Five) are all Abnormals since they used the Source Blood. Remember how Will commented on how he'd been hoping at least she'd be normal in Sanctuary For All? In theory she's part vampire, or at least her blood is since the Praxian technology labeled her and Nikola (as well as John presumably and thus the rest of The Five) as Vampiric.
                          On FFnet or AO3

Comment

Yeah, they (The Five) are all Abnormals since they used the Source Blood. Remember how Will commented on how he'd been hoping at least she'd be normal in Sanctuary For All? In theory she's part vampire, or at least her blood is since the Praxian technology labeled her and Nikola (as well as John presumably and thus the rest of The Five) as Vampiric.
                            i remember will saying that comment (about helen) in the premier, but is she 'really' considered an abnormal, other than aging incredibly slow?
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

Well, if she isn't normal... she must be abnormal
                              On FFnet or AO3

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                                is helen an abnormal? is helen part vampire?

someone on another board mentioned that longevity wasn't the only thing inherited from her taking the source blood.
                                Well, if she isn't normal... she must be abnormal
                                As far as I'm concerned, Helen is the normal one, it's Amanda who's abnormal. I don't how she does half the stuff she does. I think Ryan is right, she could be an alien.

Comment

Working...
                                X