Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sanctuary Discussion (Spoilers for the most recent episode)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It might be a bit hokey though if all the major recurring characters end up played by Stargate alumni. Neat from a fan perspective, but otherwise not so neat. If ya know what I mean.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
    ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
      It might be a bit hokey though if all the major recurring characters end up played by Stargate alumni. Neat from a fan perspective, but otherwise not so neat. If ya know what I mean.
      On the contrary, I would think it would only seem possibly hokey to Stargate fans... other viewers wouldn't know or care that those involved are all Stargate alumni. I think it's kinda sweet actually.. kind of a project put together by a group of people who have met/been brought together by the 'Gates and become friends and want to work together.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post
        Someone has been kind enough to put the trailer on youtube. You can find it here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8w7X2tPHGw
        OOh thankyou! i'm off over there now!
        ......TARA......

Comment

Ooh, it's like a dirty math problem

Just sent off my email

sigpic

Comment

After watching the trailer, this show has the feel of Poltergeist:The Legacy, which I liked.

Comment

Hmmm, Joe as Jack the ripper...that could work. I do agree with mini though. We don't want only SG people as guest stars. Vancouver is loaded with talent, so lets see as much of it as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Gate gal View Post
                Hmmm, Joe as Jack the ripper...that could work. I do agree with mini though. We don't want only SG people as guest stars. Vancouver is loaded with talent, so lets see as much of it as possible.
                All of whom have probably been in Stargate at some point!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GateGirl422 View Post
                  Ooh, it's like a dirty math problem
                  I beg you pardon?
                  sigpic
                  Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                  To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                  And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
                    I think their at the point of reusing actors who already appeared on the show.

I understand not wanting to have the show filled with recognizable faces from Stargate. However it would be cool to have them make a guest appearnce, they could even be a monster and have to wear prosthetics.
                    This is what I do in my spare time hunting down fanfiction

And here you will find my werewolf

Here you will find my vampire

Comment

Haha! I was thinking the same thing... I'd think they'd be hard-pressed to find an actor who hadn't been on Stargate at some point, in some capacity.

Comment

On the contrary, I would think it would only seem possibly hokey to Stargate fans... other viewers wouldn't know or care that those involved are all Stargate alumni. I think it's kinda sweet actually.. kind of a project put together by a group of people who have met/been brought together by the 'Gates and become friends and want to work together.
                        To be more accurate - fans would be the only viewers who'd think of it as sweet.

As a fan myself - from a sentimental point of view - I happen to agree that it would be lovely to see them all on the same show again. As a proponent of the artists involved I agree it's very sweet. I think they're all fantastic people and I think it's wonderful they'd want to do project(s) together as friends. But from a realistic and pragmatic point of view (or from a business point of view) it wouldn't be nearly as cute if the entire principle casts of SG-1 and Atlantis came together to form a new cast of a new series. Sweet or not, it would be difficult to sell. Unless it was sponsored by fans.

This entire discussion is moot anyhow - it was instigated by an offhanded comment about Joe F. being "Jack The Ripper" (which is not the case), ergo the entire aside doesn't bear argument really. SANCTUARY may have the occasional Stargate principle involved, but it's certainly not an all-Stargate cast, so there's no point in debating whether that matters or not. There's no problem to begin with. In fact, I'm sorry I ever commented. Joe's a great guy and a fine actor, but his casting in as JTR Sanctuary is immaterial to reality. Lets just pretend I didn't reply to whomever it was that suggested it.
                        Last edited by minigeek; 13 February 2007, 09:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post
                          Haha! I was thinking the same thing... I'd think they'd be hard-pressed to find an actor who hadn't been on Stargate at some point, in some capacity.
                          I was talking about principles from SG-1 and Atlantis, which I think was quite clear to begin with.
                          Last edited by minigeek; 13 February 2007, 09:31 AM.

Comment

And I was talking principles from Stargate, which I think was quite clear.
                            OK. Sorry, I missed that. I was responding to Alipeep's post, which was responding to Gate gal's.

Comment

Originally posted by tara3583 View Post
                              OOh thankyou! i'm off over there now!
                              Yeah, that's the best solution.
                              I've had problems watching the trailer not because of my internet speed, which is high enough, but because my computer still refuses to acknowledge mp4 files
                              Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                              Yes, I am!
                              sigpic
                              Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                              Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                              Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post
                                OK. Sorry, I missed that. I was responding to Alipeep's post, which was responding to Gate gal's.
                                No biggie spazzy, I did see where that train was travelling and just wanted to nip it in the bud before it hit anything. Forum foibles. It's like playing broken telephone some days.
                                Last edited by minigeek; 13 February 2007, 10:00 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X