Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sanctuary Discussion (Spoilers for the most recent episode)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
    Well it is, for today, then Mondays. I wonder if/when the Monday advertising will kick in.
    tonight's show will probably have a 'tune in monday for a bonus episode of.....' promo in almost every break, and i bet the movie this weekend will have several 'sanctuary on mondays' promos
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Steff View Post
      Exactly .... especially giving up by so much doom and gloom talk.
      to be blunt, that's what the ignore feature is good for. If you want to avoid some posts and aren't in the mod to scroll.....just put someone on ignore for a day or two so you can post in peace, and so can they

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Steff View Post
        Exactly .... especially giving up by so much doom and gloom talk.
        As a fan, who's seen it from the start, and will see it to the end, it makes me sad to see such long time fans giving up on the show.

Originally posted by siles View Post
        Castle returns early May and that show has more than 10 mil viewers and I for one would chose Castle over Sanctuary, heck I might choose Castle re-runs over Sanctuary for some eps
        I've only read fans saying Castle will be hard to watch while Sanctuary is on, so it looks like Castle will be their biggest competition. It's sad when a show is in danger, not because of the show itself, but because of a network that doesn't know what to do.

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
        Nothing more annoying than having a tweet come through on the phone while eating my bacon & eggs around the campfire to hear that Sanctuary has been moved...only saying that coz I don't like to think about why they moved it...is this going to be a good thing or is this SyFy's way of trying to say "adios amigo...this is your last stand"....I don't trust SyFy so I will try to remain optimistic and hope this change is for the better and not the excuse SyFy is looking for to end the show at the end of season 4.

Oh just to add - here on our free to air tv, SGU is on Thursday nights at 8.30pm followed by ST:TNG at 9.30pm...not that it matters anyways as both shows no longer are in production...but here's a question...why so late for Sanctuary??? Why 10pm?? Lots of people are in bed at that time or are at least getting ready for bed...seems a bit late to be on at 10pm...just MHO.

Oh and apologies for the mini rant but I've just come home from camping...left the family up in the bush coz I have to work - so I'm catching up. Whoops.
        Great mini rant.

I trust my door more than Syfy. So, I get up, come on GW, and this is what I find- Sanctuary moving to Mondays next week!

Look at most of the comments, they all agree the move is a bad idea, and hold on, it gets better-
        Spoiler:

It was hard to read the article, and the replies because all it did was make me more and . Wow, what a wonderful thing to wake up to. Sanctuary is not just another Syfy show, it does not deserve to be treated this way. This show has incredible potential. A fantastic charity-raising cast and crew, and a bond with fans that not a lot of other shows have.

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
        First let me say that Syfy or any other network doesn't need excuses to end shows nor do they plan that far ahead. Theirs is a very fluid business, they have to be.

A probable reason is that Urban Legends supposedly tanked on Monday prompting the switch. With Friday successfully tied up with Wrestling it looks like Syfy is making a concerted effort to put their scripted shows on Mondays now.
        Yeah, but, UL isn't doing well, Sanctuary is so why try to save a show that's fading, and put a show that's doing well in danger. Not even Spock would find any logic in their thinking. This show is unique, and not just storyline-wise, but the cast is incredible and giving, and know how to promote a show well. They praise their fans, and do what they can to make them happy. Not many shows have that kind of heart these days. They have potential.

I'm still waiting to see if Space will give me an answer if they can move the show to Monday like the US.
        Last edited by Rocky89; 22 April 2011, 07:44 AM.

Comment

While I seriously think the move has more to do with SGU and Urban Legends than with Sanctuary, I also think Syfy is hoping this move will benefit Sanctuary as well.

SGU’s ratings have been horrible since the cancellation announcement and Urban Legends only had 420,000 viewers on Monday according to the story on GW’s front page. Caprica was making about the same ratings as SGU when Syfy decided to burn off the remaining episodes in a marathon. I would imagine they really need SGU’s ratings to go up for the last few episodes to prevent having to do “make-goods” to their advertisers.

I would also bet that Urban Legends did so poorly b/c it had a weak lead-in and I also doubt a lot of SGU fans bothered to stick around and watch it. Moving it to Friday gives Syfy the opportunity to see if the show can actually grow an audience. It has only aired one episode and I bet Syfy doesn't want to write it off immediately after having paid the licensing fee for it. It is also the type of show that just might attract the wrestling audience.

And while Sanctuary didn’t do as well last Friday as it has in the past (nor did it do nearly as well as Merlin), it certainly did better than a lot of Syfy’s other shows. If Sanctuary had kept the 1.8 million viewers that tuned into the season finale of Merlin the week before, I doubt Syfy would have even considered the move. They probably would have just moved Urban Legends somewhere else in the lineup. So I think they believe that Sanctuary and SGU will help bolster each other’s ratings b/c of Sanctuary’s loose connection to the SG franchise.

Needless to say, I don’t think Sanctuary is doing poorly enough in the ratings right now to justify cancellation after Season 4. And we’ll know on Tuesday night when the ratings report comes in whether or not the move will change that.

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
            More like - "Don't keep banging your head against a brick wall, you'll just end up with a headache"

But yes, hope for the best
            I do feel like banging my head against the wall in regards to SyFy sometimes.

Steff: I like the positive tweets of the cast. All with a positive spin on the move. I'm with them. I especailly like the one that states that now they will me on a night with all originally written shows. Lots better then Wrestling

That’s nice that the cast is supportive of the move, but am I the only one who wonders if they really feel that way or if it's PR talk? If they weren’t pairing it with a show that’s already been cancelled and had terribly low ratings I would feel a lot better about it. If they wanted to move Sanctuary I wish they would have waited until SGU was done and then paired Sanctuary with an already reasonably successful show. That might have been helpful to both shows and made a “hot lineup” for Monday night more likely. I hope taking Being Human’s slot might help it get more viewers like you suggested.
            sigpic
            Thanks to yamiinsane for my lovely sig.

Comment

The "Behind the scenes" tweets from @SanctuarySeries and now the tweets from the cast is damage control.
              Even if the MAD team supports the move I bet they dont like the way it was handled.
              Aside from @syfy tweet has there been any press stuff. Like a statement from Syfy?

Comment

Originally posted by Melora View Post

Needless to say, I don’t think Sanctuary is doing poorly enough in the ratings right now to justify cancellation after Season 4. And we’ll know on Tuesday night when the ratings report comes in whether or not the move will change that.
                i don't know when renewal decisions are made exactly, but sanctuary has the rest of season 3, and i'd say the first 5/6 eps of season 4, to show if the series can stand such huge competition. it's kind of like it's went from the kids wading pool, to a swimming pool, to it now being dropped in the ocean, with syfy hoping it can swim.

i think it can swim , but i also think the numbers are going to fluctuate more.

i was kind of meh about 'hollow men', so i'm wondering if that's why the follow up ep didn't have higher numbers (assuming that others felt meh about it too).

i don't think this is the end, but i 'do' think this is going to be a very stiff test for sanctuary. it's got a loyal, yet not huge viewer base... i just hope the renewal decision will look at dvr numbers too.

(((sanctuary the series, and everyone involved)))
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NumberSix View Post

That’s nice that the cast is supportive of the move, but am I the only one who wonders if they really feel that way or if it's PR talk? If they weren’t pairing it with a show that’s already been cancelled and had terribly low ratings I would feel a lot better about it. If they wanted to move Sanctuary I wish they would have waited until SGU was done and then paired Sanctuary with an already reasonably successful show. That might have been helpful to both shows and made a “hot lineup” for Monday night more likely. I hope taking Being Human’s slot might help it get more viewers like you suggested.
                  i felt a vibe from amanda (on twitter), that she was about this move.

this is just an opinion, no fact to this statement!
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kes View Post
                    The "Behind the scenes" tweets from @SanctuarySeries and now the tweets from the cast is damage control.
                    Even if the MAD team supports the move I bet they dont like the way it was handled.
                    Aside from @syfy tweet has there been any press stuff. Like a statement from Syfy?
                    Originally posted by NumberSix View Post

Other fans also believe Amanda's also worried, because she knows Monday is tough. Syfy wants to pair Sanctuary up with a show that's cancelled, and then a show that's been off the air for like 20 years. How's that a "hot lineup"?

What other shows will be on Monday with Sanctuary?

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
                      Other fans also believe Amanda's also worried, because she knows Monday is tough. Syfy wants to pair Sanctuary up with a show that's cancelled, and then a show that's been off the air for like 20 years. How's that a "hot lineup"?

What other shows will be on Monday with Sanctuary?
                      There will always be those who feel that Amanda seemed to feel one way about something, while just as many others will feel just the opposite. Only Amanda knows for sure how she feels, and all the speculation in the world about what she feels isn't going to change whatever may be about to happen.

(*There. I'm sure that was clear as mud.*)

Comment

Fans have and likely forever will, project their feeling upon someone else, in an effort to justify their own opinions.

If someone develops sudden psychic power....dude get yourself a tv show and peddle your gift instead of putting your wishes and desires in the mouths of others

sigpic

Comment

The lovely Nichelle Nichols on Twitter is helping get the word out about the change in nights for Sanctuary :

Nichelle Nichols
                          Just saw that SyFy is moving Sanctuary, starring @amandatapping to Mondays at 10pm starting this Mon 4/25. Two eps in 3 days! Tune in!
                          -

Comment

dare we correct her that it's 2 eps in 4 days?

friday
                            saturday
                            sunday
                            monday?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post

friday
                              saturday
                              sunday
                              monday?
                              nah I'm just happy she's a fan that's pitching in to help out.
                              -

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post

friday
                                saturday
                                sunday
                                monday?
                                Only Captain Kirk dares corrects Uhura
                                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Working...
                                X