Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sanctuary Discussion (Spoilers for the most recent episode)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah, but where is he wearing the sombrero?
    Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

yeah, i had that very same thought

guess we're both naughty girls
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

@SanctuarySeries @SPACEchannel sent cupcakes to set for our first day of shooting last week. Wasn't that thoughtful? Also...very delicious. #Sanctuary

@SanctuarySeries Cool camera trickery on set today. And lots of wardrobe changes happening. Will reveal some behind the scenes pics soon! #sanctuary season 4

Comment

According to Syfy's schedule, Sanctuary moves to Mondays starting with "One Night" on April 25.

Comment

Originally posted by parsifal View Post
            According to Syfy's schedule, Sanctuary moves to Mondays starting with "One Night" on April 25.
            Well, that's it for Sanctuary. Move over SGU, you're about to have company.

Comment

we're wondering if it's wrong.

but if it's not, and sanct is moving to monday... then we need to see how it does there. AND, if it starts doing poorly, we need to see how syfy will deal with it.
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                we're wondering if it's wrong.

but if it's not, and sanct is moving to monday... then we need to see how it does there. AND, if it starts doing poorly, we need to see how syfy will deal with it.
                It's not.

When it does poorly, Syfy will quickly cancel it, let the fans find out ourselves they did, and move on to another show to cancel.

Comment

they will not quickly cancel it

they've already commissioned season four

Being Human did great there, and that's probably what they're thinking. That one kinda similar show did well, let's put sanctuary there. It's not keeping wrestling's ratings. I haven't seen the numbers lately, but the (making up numbers) 10 million that tune in for wrestling aren't all staying to watch sanctuary. but regardless of that, it's making enough ratings to pay for itself and make money

and honestly, if it's monday at 8pm central....it doesn't have much competition. at 9pm, there's hawaii 5-0, castle and the NBC show, but at 8, there's nothing but sitcoms and the event....which is well on its way to deadsville

and hey, look at the bright side, it means we'll get a new eps on a friday AND a monday

sigpic

Comment

I suspect Syfy is chasing the Being Human crowd, especially its large female audience. Plus I believe Eureka, Warehouse 13, and the new series Alphas will all be on Mondays this summer, so it seems like Syfy is trying to make another Sci-fi Friday type block of shows. It'll be interesting to see if S4 will be on Mondays this fall as well.

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
                    Well, that's it for Sanctuary. Move over SGU, you're about to have company.
                    We've still got 9 episodes of season 3 left plus a whole 4th season, something I suspect a lot of SGU fans wish they had to look forward to for their favorite show. I can understand being worried about the move, but IMHO can we please hold off on the doom and gloom until we actually see how Sanctuary does on Mondays?

sigpic

Comment

not to derail this but:

sgu did poorly on mondays, as it did on tuesdays and fridays
                      being human did good on mondays, as warehouse 13 did on tuesdays and eureka on tuesdays
                      sanctuary's done good on fridays

it ain't the day of the week that cans a show, it's the acceptance of said show by the random viewing public. If a show is 'good' enough, people will watch. If it isn't, don't matter what day of the week or network it's on, it'll die. (how about The Event, airing Mondays that's likely due to be canned any time now. it was promoted to heck and back, but many people gave up on it - me included)

If a show is 'good', it will do fine. and i don't mean 'fans like it' good, i mean 'edna smith, neilson family, tunes in loyally' good

sigpic

Comment

So the next episode, One Night, will be on Monday. That is so cool since some of us that have the Itunes season are about a week ahead of everyone. Maybe this will get everyone on the same page. I hate having to wait till the episode is on the telly in order to join in on the discussions. But last Friday I rewatched it everyone. That was fun.

I have been totally quiet about both episodes after finding them in my Itunes. But I wasn't good enough to wait till Fridays with everyone else. hehe

Not a word. *shhh*

Comment

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
                          I suspect Syfy is chasing the Being Human crowd, especially its large female audience. Plus I believe Eureka, Warehouse 13, and the new series Alphas will all be on Mondays this summer, so it seems like Syfy is trying to make another Sci-fi Friday type block of shows. It'll be interesting to see if S4 will be on Mondays this fall as well.

We've still got 9 episodes of season 3 left plus a whole 4th season, something I suspect a lot of SGU fans wish they had to look forward to for their favorite show. I can understand being worried about the move, but IMHO can we please hold off on the doom and gloom until we actually see how Sanctuary does on Mondays?
                          Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                          not to derail this but:

sgu did poorly on mondays, as it did on tuesdays and fridays
                          being human did good on mondays, as warehouse 13 did on tuesdays and eureka on tuesdays
                          sanctuary's done good on fridays

it ain't the day of the week that cans a show, it's the acceptance of said show by the random viewing public. If a show is 'good' enough, people will watch. If it isn't, don't matter what day of the week or network it's on, it'll die. (how about The Event, airing Mondays that's likely due to be canned any time now. it was promoted to heck and back, but many people gave up on it - me included)

If a show is 'good', it will do fine. and i don't mean 'fans like it' good, i mean 'edna smith, neilson family, tunes in loyally' good
                          A lot of SGU fans fell the show could have had a better chance on Fridays, and I agree. Sanctaury almost moved to Tuesday with SGU, and they could have gotten bad ratings as well, Monday and Tuesday have big shows on, shows I like to watch, and not they'll be a conflict. Syfy thought SGU would be good on Tuesdays, in fact, Syfy contacted me on twitter, and said a move to Tuesday would be good for Sanctuary, and if what happened to SGU is an indication of what could have happened to Sanctuary on Tuesday, it makes me feel worse for Monday.

The timing of it is also bad, Sanctuary came off a 4 month break, the ratings for Pax weren't super, and it'll have SGU as a lead in on Monday, so I fail to see how a move to Monday is good. Plus, Sanctuary got little promotion for 3.5, and the lack of advertising may also not work in the shows favor. The show has a good thing going on Friday, and Syfy is willing to hurt the show by moving it, especially now. Hopefully when/if the ratings are bad, hopefully fans will step in, as they should have today, and try to fix it.

Comment

From browsing on twitter just now, I think fans have already said their piece and @Syfy is well aware of how many Sanctuary fans feel about the move. I don't see everyone just sitting back and acting like it is no big deal. In fact, quite the opposite. I doubt Syfy would do anything about it even if every single fan got on twitter and complained anyway.

After the ratings for One Night come out, we will see the effects of the move and we can either worry about it then or breathe a sigh of relief depending on what happens.

As a side note - even though I do believe SGU's ratings would have been a tiny bit better on Fridays, they would never have been high enough to save the show. And as soon as cancellation was announced, that was the death knell for SGU's ratings. The move to Tuesdays and then Mondays did not kill SGU - the production cost combined with lack of viewer interest did.

Comment

Originally posted by Steff View Post
                              So the next episode, One Night, will be on Monday. That is so cool since some of us that have the Itunes season are about a week ahead of everyone. Maybe this will get everyone on the same page. I hate having to wait till the episode is on the telly in order to join in on the discussions. But last Friday I rewatched it everyone. That was fun.

I have been totally quiet about both episodes after finding them in my Itunes. But I wasn't good enough to wait till Fridays with everyone else. hehe

Not a word. *shhh*
                              Originally posted by Melora View Post
                              From browsing on twitter just now, I think fans have already said their piece and @Syfy is well aware of how many Sanctuary fans feel about the move. I don't see everyone just sitting back and acting like it is no big deal. In fact, quite the opposite. I doubt Syfy would do anything about it even if every single fan got on twitter and complained anyway.

After the ratings for One Night come out, we will see the effects of the move and we can either worry about it then or breathe a sigh of relief depending on what happens.

As a side note - even though I do believe SGU's ratings would have been a tiny bit better on Fridays, they would never have been high enough to save the show. And as soon as cancellation was announced, that was the death knell for SGU's ratings. The move to Tuesdays and then Mondays did not kill SGU - the production cost combined with lack of viewer interest did.
                              Uh, no, One Night is the episode Amanda is directing. Why do eps Amanda's proud of the most, or eps she directs not get great ratings: Kush, Requiem, Veritas, and now this. It seems most big Helen eps air arounf holidays, and now an episode she's directing will air on a moving day. I'm hoping Syfy listened to the fans for like the first time in it's 20 year history, and will keep it on Fri.

Part of me wants the ratings to be good, and then I can be happy, another part wants the ratings to be bad enough that Syfy reliazes its 1,769, 339 mistake and puts the show back on Fri.

Comment

Too many s. Maybe if people love Hangover this will have them looking forward to the short time till the next episode.

Comment

Working...
                                X