Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sanctuary Discussion (Spoilers for the most recent episode)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    This is why i avoid spoilers and trailers etc....cause they'll never measure up to what i make up in my head

what airs, airs. and i'll enjoy it then
    I also avoid spoilers...but trailers I'm not too fussy about. I'm sure when I see it all on-screen in its proper context it'll be okay. But then maybe that's also another problem with Sanctuary. I've only found it "okay" or "good" and it was getting to the point when I was actually forgetting it was on. I wanted to feel "excellence" and "brilliance" and "fantastic" and be eager to tune in for the next episode I've only experienced that once in the two seasons so far and that was with Pavor Nocturnus.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
    K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

*Wonders what the Sanctuary team is up to*

I just read this in a Variety article about Syfy projects in the works -

Syfy taps Majors, Sorbo for new shows
      Cable network also unveils new 'Sanctuary' drama

"-- "Sherwood," from the "Sanctuary" team of Damian Kindler, Martin Wood and Amanda Tapping, resets the Robin Hood story to the 23rd century.

Kindler is writing the project; My Plastic Badgers Prods. is behind the show."

Maybe someone at TSE could ask about it?

*pokes Jan, Mandy, Suse, EH-T, Sky*

Find the full article at http://www.variety.com/article/VR111...goryid=14&cs=1
      Last edited by RealmOfX; 30 July 2010, 10:13 AM.
      -

Comment

I found the press release for the above post and it describes Sherwood as :

SHERWOOD

In this "Robin Hood" story for the 23rd century, a young man of privilege teams up with a misfit spaceship crew to right the wrongs of his family.

Writer: Damian Kindler

Executive Producers: Damian Kindler, Martin Wood, and Amanda Tapping for

My Plastic Badgers Productions

Read more: Breaking News - SYFY'S ROBUST SCRIPTED DEVELOPMENT SLATE FEATURES PROJECTS FROM KEVIN SORBO, LEE MAJORS, SANCTUARY CREATIVE TEAM AND UNIVERSAL CABLE PRODUCTIONS | TheFutonCritic.com http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news/2...#ixzz0vDaqyT1N
        -

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post

SHERWOOD

In this "Robin Hood" story for the 23rd century, a young man of privilege teams up with a misfit spaceship crew to right the wrongs of his family.

Read more: Breaking News - SYFY'S ROBUST SCRIPTED DEVELOPMENT SLATE FEATURES PROJECTS FROM KEVIN SORBO, LEE MAJORS, SANCTUARY CREATIVE TEAM AND UNIVERSAL CABLE PRODUCTIONS | TheFutonCritic.com http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news/2...#ixzz0vDaqyT1N
          i wonder if amanda will appear in it?

~edited to add: wait... just *when* would they have time to work on this series, when they're doing months of sanctuary (plus pre and post production)?
          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
            i wonder if amanda will appear in it?
            I certainly hope so!
            But I don't know... She said she wanted to direct something when she wasn't in it. So maybe she'll prefer to direct this?
            sigpic
            Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
            My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
            Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

Originally posted by LadyGalaxyJ View Post
              I certainly hope so!
              But I don't know... She said she wanted to direct something when she wasn't in it. So maybe she'll prefer to direct this?
              I would love to see AT do cameo's as an evil step-mother or something like that. She could be hilarious

Comment

SHERWOOD

Love the people involved...not that crazy about the idea. Given that Sanctuary hasn't exactly won me over, I don't hold up high hopes for this.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Originally posted by hisg1fans View Post
                  I would love to see AT do cameo's as an evil step-mother or something like that. She could be hilarious
                  Hahaha! I'd like her to do an evil character too. Let her be the bad guy for a change. XDD
                  sigpic
                  Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
                  My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
                  Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

Originally posted by LadyGalaxyJ View Post
                    Hahaha! I'd like her to do an evil character too. Let her be the bad guy for a change. XDD
                    Add humor to how Sam behaved as the entity in "Entity", and it would be awesome.

Comment

*Wonders what the Sanctuary team is up to*

I just read this in a Variety article about Syfy projects in the works -

Syfy taps Majors, Sorbo for new shows
                      Cable network also unveils new 'Sanctuary' drama

"-- "Sherwood," from the "Sanctuary" team of Damian Kindler, Martin Wood and Amanda Tapping, resets the Robin Hood story to the 23rd century.

Kindler is writing the project; My Plastic Badgers Prods. is behind the show."

Maybe someone at TSE could ask about it?

*pokes Jan, Mandy, Suse, EH-T, Sky*

Sorry Rox, we didn't see your messages until yesterday afternoon and the only Q&A left was with Amanda and Chris. It just didn't seem appropriate to ask Amanda about it during this Q&A and I certainly didn't want to put her in a spot if she wasn't prepared to talk about it.
                      sigpic

Comment

Just curious. What's the big car Bigfoot drives Magnus around in? a Towncar?

Comment

major spoilers for s2 episodes -

in the sanctuary convention thread, skydiver said the sanct ptb aren't going to do an ashley episode for season 3. here's my feelings on this...

first off, i'm not really that much of an ashley fan. i don't dislike her, but i'm meh about her, and much more liked the mother/daughter possibilities than... well, including the webisodes and episodes, was all that much really done with the mother/daughter relationship? it was there, but was it *really* explored all that much? to me, no, and i don't know why.

but then they killed her off. i wasn't happy about that, but i wasn't bummed either. but coming out of that, i was looking forward to what it would do to helen.

3 eps in a row were tense and dealt with ashley, the 3rd being her death. and then the 4th ep was a comedy. to me, not a good idea, but the ptb felt we, the fans, needed a break from the depression. but still, very little, if nothing, was shown that helen was grieving in that 4th ep.

then we got 'pavor nocturnus', where helen's sole reason for getting into that mess was to break her longevity b/c she didn't want to live forever after she'd lost her daughter. okay, there's some grieving.

then 'next tuesday', where helen is ticky at wil for wanting to spend time with some chick, when it was really her wanting him to be home b/c it was ashley's birthday. there's more grieving.

but that's it. that's it!

a parent loses a child, and i KNOW they'd be grieving a whole lot more than what s2 showed!

so, how about *showing* helen's continuing grief in season 3? i wonder if they're even going to touch the subject?...
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

I think, first, in 13 eps, we just get glimpses of the characters' lives, and they have 43 minutes to tell a story, and not every one of them can start with helen sitting on ash's bed, holding her stuffie with tears in her eyes.

Life goes on.

In real life, yeah, it takes longer. but the show isn't real life so they can't afford to dwell on things taht don't move the story forward
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                              I think, first, in 13 eps, we just get glimpses of the characters' lives, and they have 43 minutes to tell a story, and not every one of them can start with helen sitting on ash's bed, holding her stuffie with tears in her eyes.

Life goes on.

In real life, yeah, it takes longer. but the show isn't real life so they can't afford to dwell on things taht don't move the story forward
                              i understand what you're saying, but i still think they could have done more. a lot more.
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                                Just curious. What's the big car Bigfoot drives Magnus around in? a Towncar?
                                It looks like it's part of the W126 series from Mercedes-Benz.

Comment

Working...
                                X