Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sanctuary Discussion (Spoilers for the most recent episode)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Skype chat sounds like it was really fun.

And Sky, somebody told me today that the Arctic blast now in the US was the Canadians advertising for the Olympics

Not so show my own Luddite-ism, but where are these podcasts and how do you listen to them?

Comment

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
      Good point! We're all North Americans.

Finally got my piccie posted. Can't figure out how to get it to display.
      It keeps rejecting my url in the image insert.

Woo hoo, congrats rderoch. Let's have some details now.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
        But aren't Canadians Americans too?
        We all live in North America, which is a part of the Americas, but the term America properly, in my opinion, should refer specifically to the country named as such, The United States of America. I personally take that to mean: "The united states of a nation called America." The full name of Mexico is similar.

There are others who think differently, there are some people in Latin American regions, for instance, who consider that to be the real America. Maybe we should just take guidance from Chinese restaurants, their menus in the US have an 'American' section. In Canadian restaurants I've been to, they call it 'Canadian' food, when it's essentially the same food.
        [/rant]

Ok, back to Sanctuary...

Comment

Originally posted by hisg1fans View Post

And Sky, somebody told me today that the Arctic blast now in the US was the Canadians advertising for the Olympics

Not so show my own Luddite-ism, but where are these podcasts and how do you listen to them?

Ya, Olympic advertising...let's call it that.

As for the podcasts, they can be found at http://www.syfy.com/Sanctuary/podcasts.php Just click on the episode number.

As you are in the U.S. you can watch the episodes with the podcast, the "enhanced" version of the show at http://www.syfy.com/rewind/?_source=Syfy_Global_nav

Not bad for a Luddite, eh?

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
            tell ya what, take your arctic air back and we'll stop with the spoilers
            Don't blame Canada
            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Thanks!

And according to a certain trio, Canadians eat Americans when trapped in snow.

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
              Shhhhh!!!!....it's supposed to be a secret!!!!

Secrets out now.

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
              Think 1812.

True, kind of like eating a popsicle, but we have the darndest time finding the right wine to go with a good American.
              Okay! Job or no job I just flat out refuse to suggest a wine to go with that!
              sigpic

Comment

or, with the podcasts, if you 'right click' and 'save as' you can listen to them on your computer at your leisure, or transfer them to a mp3 player and listen whenever
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hisg1fans View Post

We've heard about the Olympics. They can stop advertising now.

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
                  Woo hoo, congrats rderoch. Let's have some details now.
                  We pretty much all babbled the entire time. Not a lot of serious discussion. I didn't want to turn it into an interview, so didn't have questions ready. We talked about tax incentives, hockey, cannabilism. Ya know, the usual.

Ya, Olympic advertising...let's call it that.

As for the podcasts, they can be found at http://www.syfy.com/sanctuary/podcasts.php Just click on the episode number.

As you are in the U.S. you can watch the episodes with the podcast, the "enhanced" version of the show at http://www.syfy.com/rewind/?_source=Syfy_Global_nav

Not bad for a Luddite, eh?
                  I just got misty. I'm so proud.

Don't blame Canada
                  We need some defense while your choosing a wine.
                  Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
                  William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
                  Anon

Comment

We pretty much all babbled the entire time. Not a lot of serious discussion. I didn't want to turn it into an interview, so didn't have questions ready. We talked about tax incentives, hockey, cannabilism. Ya know, the usual.
                    ... i knew it. to save money, they've turned to cannibalism!
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

Awwww....that's sooo awesomely cute!!!
                      Congratulations again rderoch...that must have been wickedly fun! Thank you for sharing!
                      Damian looks like he has bed hair...I hope he brushes it for SE!!
                      "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

thanks for sharing rderoch! such a cute photo awesome memories!
                        "...but I think if I were to describe myself in pure feminist forms, I would say I want equality. We want respect not because we're women, but simply because we're human beings..." AT 'Live peace. Speak kindness. Dwell in possibility.'

Comment

[QUOTE]

BTW, have to tell you that when you first mentioned a certain trio talking about eating snow covered Americans my first thought was Mandy, JanSam and Ann. Then I realised two of those are Americans so you must have meant AT, DK and MW.

I just got misty. I'm so proud.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

[QUOTE=EH-T;11089262]

BTW, have to tell you that when you first mentioned a certain trio talking about eating snow covered Americans my first thought was Mandy, JanSam and Ann. Then I realised two of those are Americans so you must have meant AT, DK and MW.

I can see why that would occur to you.
                            Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
                            William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
                            Anon

Comment

*Puts down glass of wine (not sure if red was the correct colour as wine buyer wouldn't do her job!*
                              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

*Puts down glass of wine (not sure if red was the correct colour as wine buyer wouldn't do her job!*
                                *Eyes all three of you suspiciously*...I have no idea why we would come to mind but if you three see it then it must be cause your up to no go as usual.

*Wanders away thinking must remember to warn Ann and Suse about the three Canadian Roommates for SE.*
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X