Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sanctuary Discussion (Spoilers for the most recent episode)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
    Re EU leaving the show, I agree that we'll probably never know the whole story, so we, as fans, should be cautious about where we assign responsibility for the decision.

Something I did notice throughout season 1 though, was that out of all the characters on the show Ashley seemed to come under the most criticism, among both reviewers and fans. Now I know that many really enjoyed the character (myself included), but I can't help but think that this may have contributed to a perception that the character was weak part of the show.

I really didn't see Ash as a weak character, rough around the edges yes, but there was potential for her. Ash was one of my fave's, well I loved all of them, but what I miss about her is the potential.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
      You know.... you have your opinion, so I'm not going to belittle it. And only you know how you'll feel. But I do find it a strange response, personally.

Spoiler:
      What you're saying is that I shouldn't be able to relate well to Sam Carter because she's straight, or that my favourite Sci-Fi / Fantasy character should be Willow or Tara from Buffy because they're lesbians. Or in the Stargate world, then I should be Camille Wray's biggest fan.

A character isn't just about sexual orientation. And I personally don't see how their orientation should detract from or distance anyone. After all, if you found out your bst friend was bisexual, would that mean you couldn't relate to them anymore? If you found out your sister or brother or any other family member had had a relationship with a member of the same sex, would that really affect how you loved them or saw them as a person?

As for "Attracting", it doesn't mean that she's necessarily reciprocated. I suppose that's what you're hoping for.

Myself... I don't mind either way, really. I trust these guys enough not to use it as a "We Have A Bisexual Lead" publicity stunt.

As I say... it's not nagging. I'm just genuinely curious because I've never seen this sort of response before.
      i knew the moment that i said my feelings/thoughts on it, i'd be questioned on it. and that's alright, b/c like you said, we're all allowed to have our own opinions.

Spoiler:
      when i get into a female character, i live through her. she might do things i've never done, or would never do, but if i like her, really like her, i'll still go along for the ride.

but basically, b/c i'm not gay or bi-sexual, i have a hard time following a character this is, and i'm not talking about just casually liking a character, but living through this character.

if they show that helen is bi, it'll take a part of me being into her away. no matter how unpollitically correct that is, it's a human reaction. so i hope they don't do it.

but for amanda, as an actress, i can certainly understand her wanting to do different and daring things. actors aren't looking to play themselves, they're pretending to be other ppl, and basically seeing how believable they can make it. it's art.

i love sam and i love helen. i can relate to them. it'll just make it harder if helen is bi-sexual. but i won't drop the character or something... it'll just kind of dent the fantasy a bit.
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
        That's how I took that part of AT's interview, that with the kind of woman Helen is she must have attracted a variety of people. And it could provide some interesting beats for AT to play, which would be fun to see.
        i wouldn't mind seeing that. (meaning i could handle that )

just an opinion, no disrespect or anti sentiments.
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Guys

Let's take a break from the 'why did she leave' stuff.

NONE of us know what happened, so let's not speculate.
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Posted this in the Henry Foss thread, but figured you guys might be interested here too:

Here are my pics of Ryan Robbins from the convention this past weekend.

Please do not use them or repost them without my permission. Thank you.

Click here for pics!

Comment

Originally posted by kes
              @caroleapple #Sanctuary fans...Tune into #SpaceChannel tomorrow 11pm ET / 8pm PT. #RobinDunne is in studio w/ the hosts of InnerSpace for full 1/2 hour

Can someone get this one on YouTube?
              You're wish is my command.

I normally don't these if it's not Amanda related, but since you asked nicely and there's a chance he could talk about her, sure.

Comment

@caroleapple #Sanctuary fans...Tune into #SpaceChannel tomorrow 11pm ET / 8pm PT. #RobinDunne is in studio w/ the hosts of InnerSpace for full 1/2 hour

Can someone get this one on YouTube?

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
                  You're wish is my command.

I normally don't these if it's not Amanda related, but since you asked nicely and there's a chance he could talk about her, sure.
                  They're gonna show Sanctuary stuff and that means AT lol
                  Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by kes View Post
                    Thanks
                    Btw, do you have a download link to Amanda's and EU's interview on those blogs?

Comment

Btw, do you have a download link to Amanda's and EU's interview on those blogs?
                      I heard the interviews.

Comment

I heard the interviews.
                        I mean do you know where I can download and listen to them?

Comment

I mean do you know where I can download and listen to them?
                          This is the link where you can listen to the Amanda Tapping Interview

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/SciFiPu...Amanda-Tapping

Thisnis the link where you can download the Amanda Tapping Interview (don't know if this link works)

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/SciFiPu...embed=download

This is EU Interview

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/Krypton...Emilie-Ullerup

And the download link:

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/NDBMedi...embed=download

Enjoy listening
                          SANCTUARY ROCKS

Comment

Thanks
                            I'm watching and taping Innerspace right now, Robin is on it, and I like it a lot.

Spoiler:
                            He's going to be talking about last week's episode.

Expect it to be on YT maybe tomorrow.

Comment

I'm watching and taping Innerspace right now, Robin is on it, and I like it a lot.

Spoiler:
                              He's going to be talking about last week's episode.

Expect it to be on YT maybe tomorrow.

COOL! You rock!

Sorry I thought you were asking if I'd caught the interviews lol

Comment

This show is so good. It's the show i'm looking forward the most every week. I'm a fan of the urban/contemporary fantasy genre and i think that Sanctuary does a wonderful job in being original. Many tv shows in this genre are either adaptions of books and/or about vampires. The vampire that Sanctuary has is unique in his own way, and not cliched like many others. They show amazing imagination in inventing all the abnormals. It is really nice to see a tv that goes beyond the established mythology and urban legends. I also love the characters. There isn't a single character that does not interest me. Sanctuary raises the genre to new heights on tv.

Pavor Nocturnus was great. I normally do not like post apocalyptic stories, but Sanctuary did is so well that even i loved it. There hasn't been a single episode in this show that i didn't like.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X