Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sanctuary Discussion (Spoilers for the most recent episode)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
    in this recent interview - http://tvguide.ca/Interviews/Feature...9_sanctuary_GD

(snipped from interview)

Tapping reveals that Season 2 will end in a cliffhanger fashion, and while she and the team have plans for a third year, they’re still waiting for funding to come through. She’s confident that will work itself out, opining that Santuary could go on for several more years.

I think that we can go five seasons ,” she says confidently. “I think it would be really cool to go out after five seasons. [...]

~~~

the underlines are mine. so the sanct ptb are just waiting on funding , and FIVE seasons they're aiming for!? woo hoo!!
    And the bolded are mine . Thanks so much for this Sally, I SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO hope Amanda's right and they can pull it off, and we'll help however we can.

If they can do the show for 5 years, than I watch the show for 5 years. If they can do the show for 10 years, than I watch the show for 10 years.

Comment

Sanctuary is great
      I bought it from my local DVD shop for $30
      I just watched the news reporter one

Comment

in this recent interview - http://tvguide.ca/Interviews/Feature...9_sanctuary_GD

(snipped from interview)

Tapping reveals that Season 2 will end in a cliffhanger fashion, and while she and the team have plans for a third year, they’re still waiting for funding to come through. She’s confident that will work itself out, opining that Santuary could go on for several more years.

I think that we can go five seasons,” she says confidently. “I think it would be really cool to go out after five seasons.
        ~~~
        the underlines are mine. so the sanct ptb are just waiting on funding , and FIVE seasons they're aiming for!? woo hoo!!
        I have no doubt they will make 5 seasons...given the way season 2 just started and that I am so confident that season 3 is already underway, I'd say reaching 5 years is going to be easy...relatively speaking that is...not that I think the work they do is easy but...well you know what I mean...right?
        "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
        Hug Your Loved Ones!!
        ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
          I have no doubt they will make 5 seasons...given the way season 2 just started and that I am so confident that season 3 is already underway, I'd say reaching 5 years is going to be easy...relatively speaking that is...not that I think the work they do is easy but...well you know what I mean...right?
          Chelle, Do you really believe in the stuff you say, or do you just like that gifts I get you?
          Spoiler:

Comment

(this is a repost from the sanctuary dvd thread, but i think i should have posted it here instead. so here)

i just finished watching the season finale, 'revelations pts 1&2'. spoilers ahead!

some observations regarding the commentaries -

Spoiler:
            my fave commentary with amanda was 'revelations pt1'. it was her and martin, and amanda actually got to TALK in this, instead of being talked out by martin or damian.
            i adored the amanda-martin banter, especially when he kept saying she slept with all the five. she was very cute at this point.

then came 'revelations pt2'. something was mentioned by either damian or martin... when john picked up ashley and henry from the cabal lab and back to the sanctuary, that's when he started going back to the madness. that all that teleporting he'd been doing recently was slowly putting him back into the debilitating state towards madness.

i never saw that. anyone else?
            I hadn't seen that either & am still not sure about that.

Comment

I thought the season premiere was good. I particularly liked the Helen moments. no surprise there. I'm hoping in the next ep. we get something re: Helen and
              Spoiler:
              the Bigfoot situation, esp. given how she was willing to risk herself to find a cure before...of course she's preoccupied w/ the Ashley situation

I'm not sure what to think if the season goes down the road of
              Spoiler:
              every week being a battle w/ the Cabal. I'm a fan of stand alone episodes along with the arc episodes.
              I guess it remains to be seen. I studiously avoid spoilers.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                I thought the season premiere was good. I particularly liked the Helen moments. no surprise there. I'm hoping in the next ep. we get something re: Helen and
                Spoiler:
                the Bigfoot situation, esp. given how she was willing to risk herself to find a cure before...of course she's preoccupied w/ the Ashley situation

I'm not sure what to think if the season goes down the road of
                Spoiler:
                every week being a battle w/ the Cabal. I'm a fan of stand alone episodes along with the arc episodes.
                I guess it remains to be seen. I studiously avoid spoilers.
                Not really a spoiler but regarding the Cabal:
                Spoiler:

They've all mention that although the Cabal are a great villian they deal with it and move on to monster of the week. They didnt want the season to be all about the Cabal.

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                  I don't think so. Damian is out and about on his bike/soon to be bike. If it were underway, I don't think he'd be taking lessons. Not while they are also editing eps that aren't even 1/2 the way thru the 13 ep season.

suse
                  sigpic
                  Mourning Sanctuary.
                  Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by kes View Post
                    Not really a spoiler but regarding the Cabal:
                    Spoiler:

They've all mention that although the Cabal are a great villian they deal with it and move on to monster of the week. They didnt want the season to be all about the Cabal.
                    I was soooo relieved to read that. I so didn't want a La Femme Nikita.

suse
                    sigpic
                    Mourning Sanctuary.

Comment

i have a feeling getting ash back and 'fixing' her is a 1-4 eps arc adn then things will go back to helping monsters, and the cabal might pop up now and then
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
                        I don't think so. Damian is out and about on his bike/soon to be bike. If it were underway, I don't think he'd be taking lessons. Not while they are also editing eps that aren't even 1/2 the way thru the 13 ep season.

suse
                        "Bike" as in bicycle, or "bike" as in motorcycle?

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                          "Bike" as in bicycle, or "bike" as in motorcycle?
                          Motorcycle. He has pix of him at a class linked on FB. He's also thinking of buying one. I suggested a Triumph.

BTW, Now I have Queen's "Bicycle" running thru my head. Thanks. BUNCHES!

I'll get you my and your little dog too!! <<cackles>>

ETA: On topic: I loved the Henry and Bigfoot moments. But about Biggie's rational... the contagon was of human design and he has it, so why not use a cure of human design?

suse
                          Definitely a child of my era. <sigh>
                          sigpic
                          Mourning Sanctuary.

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
                            Motorcycle. He has pix of him at a class linked on FB. He's also thinking of buying one. I suggested a Triumph.

BTW, Now I have Queen's "Bicycle" running thru my head. Thanks. BUNCHES!

I'll get you my and your little dog too!! <<cackles>>
                            I'm actually thinking of getting myself a bicycle ... <<<<cackles more>>>>

Comment

(snipped from interview)

I think that we can go five seasons,” she says confidently. “I think it would be really cool to go out after five seasons. [...]

~~~

My only comment is why stop at five?

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

(this is a repost from the sanctuary dvd thread, but i think i should have posted it here instead. so here)

i just finished watching the season finale, 'revelations pts 1&2'. spoilers ahead!

some observations regarding the commentaries -

Spoiler:
                                my fave commentary with amanda was 'revelations pt1'. it was her and martin, and amanda actually got to TALK in this, instead of being talked out by martin or damian.
                                i adored the amanda-martin banter, especially when he kept saying she slept with all the five. she was very cute at this point.

then came 'revelations pt2'. something was mentioned by either damian or martin... when john picked up ashley and henry from the cabal lab and back to the sanctuary, that's when he started going back to the madness. that all that teleporting he'd been doing recently was slowly putting him back into the debilitating state towards madness.

i never saw that. anyone else?
                                I noticed a definite change in his personality through Revelations. When he first shows up at the Sanctuary he's calm and under control, and by the time he gets to his and Watson's test he's visibly trying to control his temper. At the time I thought it was just due to dealing with Watson again and their past
                                Spoiler:
                                but the madness due to teleportation also makes sense to me too.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X