Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sanctuary Discussion (Spoilers for the most recent episode)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oooh nice! Details & pictures please

Originally posted by antoa315 View Post
    Hey all! I just wanted to drop by this thread and let everyone know that I was able to meet and chat with Damian Kindler this weekend at the Gateworld dinner that was held before the Stargate convention in Vancouver.

I went totally 'fangirl' on him and hopefully I didn't make too much of a spectical of myself.

Also, as part of the convention, we got a tour of the Stargate sets, and we were shown where they filmed Sanctuary! So I got to see the 'sets'
    sigpic

Comment

Hey all! I just wanted to drop by this thread and let everyone know that I was able to meet and chat with Damian Kindler this weekend at the Gateworld dinner that was held before the Stargate convention in Vancouver.

I went totally 'fangirl' on him and hopefully I didn't make too much of a spectical of myself.

Also, as part of the convention, we got a tour of the Stargate sets, and we were shown where they filmed Sanctuary! So I got to see the 'sets'

Cool, and.......?
      Words have tremendous power. The right words spoken by the right people at the right times can lift up communities, transform lives, mend relationships, break hearts—even topple empires.
      Quint Studer

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan View Post
        We have been invited to visit and tour the world of Sanctuary in Vancouver, BC during the second week of April (the exact date still to be determined).
        If you want a sneak peek at what you'll see there, I wrote up my report of a visit that Hatusu (one of their beta testers) set up for a few of us while in Vancouver for the con. *Just ignore the non-Sanctuary stuff*

They also allowed us to take pictures:

(click the pic to go to my con gallery that has a few more pics from the Stage 3 tour.)

Comment

Awesome!!!! Thanks for posting these.. very cool. Whiteboard world domination!! w00t!

Originally posted by strivaria View Post
          If you want a sneak peek at what you'll see there, I wrote up my report of a visit that Hatusu (one of their beta testers) set up for a few of us while in Vancouver for the con. *Just ignore the non-Sanctuary stuff*

(click the pic to go to my con gallery that has a few more pics from the Stage 3 tour.)
          sigpic

Comment

Hey...

Spoiler:
            I didn't know that Chris Heyerdahl is playing Jack the Ripper. Did I miss something?

ETA: Here's a news article on the series, jic no one else has posted it yet. I'm kinda slow, so I wasn't sure.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post
              Hey...

Spoiler:
              I didn't know that Chris Heyerdahl is playing Jack the Ripper. Did I miss something?

You might have

Spoiler:
              Christopher Heyerdahl plays "John Druitt".

Amongst the suspects for Jack The Ripper is one Montague John Druitt, if you want you can read about some of the suspects here
              -

Comment

Not sure if it has been posted yet but the 2 minute trailer is up here is a link but you need to register first,(it's free)http://www.sanctuaryforall.com/pages/watch_trailer.php
                Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
                  You might have

Spoiler:
                  Christopher Heyerdahl plays "John Druitt".

Amongst the suspects for Jack The Ripper is one Montague John Druitt, if you want you can read about some of the suspects here
                  Ahhh. I see. I'll definitely have to check that out. Thanks!

Comment

Ok, so when are we having our first Sactuary con? Preferably in the UK. Specifically in Scotland.
                    sigpic
                    Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                    To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                    And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Unfortunately I can't share my pictures of the 'sets' because we signed a paper stating that we wouldn't distribute our pictures from the tour.

I have uploaded my pictures from the Gateworld dinner and party - you can check them out here:

http://amandaraesmith.com/gallery/sgvan2007gwparty

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                        Ok, so when are we having our first Sactuary con? Preferably in the UK. Specifically in Scotland.
                        I asked Damian about that and he said that they will be at the London Expo as well as Comic Con in San Diego (which I was already planning on going to).

Too early for a Sanctuary-specific con though.

Comment

I asked Damian about that and he said that they will be at the London Expo as well as Comic Con in San Diego (which I was already planning on going to).

*mutters curses under breath* I suggested Glasgow for a reason y'know. I'm unemployed, I can't afford to travel to London. I can barely afford train fare to Glasgow at times...
                          sigpic
                          Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                          To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                          And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

http://www.sanctuaryforall.com/forum...read.php?t=316

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                            ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

I'm already registered for Comic Con. We should plan on a meet up at some point during the con. Are you going for the entire weekend? I will be arriving Wed afternoon and leaving Sunday.
                              My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by strivaria View Post

http://pics.livejournal.com/strivaria/pic/000e3x63

And who could forget that hilarious taxi ride there eh?....Jim still remembers you fondly... ......I have pics up on my lj if you want to see them Strivaria....just have to friend me first as it's locked....pm me if you need my addy....

It was an amazing visit and I'm so grateful that me and Mr Deeds were invited....for us it was the perfect opportunity to gather as many pics and information for my son Jon, who is at University in England doing a Multi-Media, Technology and Design Course with a view to working in the same sphere as the Stage 3 Media guys....I've promised Damian that I will bring Jon to Expo and introduce him to them....

It was a great morning....I can't thank them and Hats enough....

Deeds xx
                                sigpic
                                Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
                                MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

Working...
                                X