Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sanctuary Discussion (Spoilers for the most recent episode)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
    How about a wee bit of architecture from Scotland's big two, Glasgow and Edinburgh thrown in for good measure?
    Hey now you may just get your wish...

Originally posted by Damian Kindler
    Part of what keeps the production costs low is the use of green screens, creating most of the sets virtually on a computer. This saves costs in building and storing sets and traveling to locations, as well as creating a smooth workflow. Another perk is that they “have complete control over the environment, giving us more options.”

For example, shooting a scene in a Scottish cemetery in a torrential rainstorm would be close to impossible in the real world, but quite easy in the virtual world. “You can create places that you can never go to,” Kindler said. “You can create a look that blows away anything else on television.” And, because they are creating 'Sanctuary' in high-definition, the result is “something that is much more heightened.”
    I have a feeling that in order to find all of these strange creatures in the Sanctuary, Helen has become quite the world traveler so there is the possibility that we'll see/hear a wee bit of just about everywhere in due time.

Comment

"Shooting a scene in a Scottish cemetery in a torrential rainstorm would be close to impossible in the real world."

Obviously Mr. Kindler has never been to Scotland...
      sigpic
      Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
      To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
      And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

"Shooting a scene in a Scottish cemetery in a torrential rainstorm would be close to impossible in the real world."

LOL! Obviously.

*hands over Edinburgh castle to the Sanctuary PTB*
        sigpic

Comment

I think he may have been referring to the likelihood that a series like Sanctuary having the funds to film an episode in a Scottish cemetery during a torrential rainstorm would be close to impossible in the real world. Production costs to fly a crew to Scotland would be extremely high and then it would require excellent timing in order to actually find a cemetary where they could film during a torrential rainstorm without any downtime on the part of the crew.

But then again my assumption could be all wrong,
          Kat

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1 View Post
            I think he may have been referring to the likelihood that a series like Sanctuary having the funds to film an episode in a Scottish cemetery during a torrential rainstorm would be close to impossible in the real world. Production costs to fly a crew to Scotland would be extremely high and then it would require excellent timing in order to actually find a cemetary where they could film during a torrential rainstorm without any downtime on the part of the crew.

Kat
            Nah. I got that vibe as well. It'd be way too expensive and time-consuming, I'd think.

Comment

Question: What is the interactive part of the series? Has it been established?
              sigpic

Comment

Kat
                I think BruTak assumed the same (as did I), but was making a joke about finding a torrential rainstorm here in Scotland.

It's always raining here, especially on the west coast where BruTak lives. (We occasionally see the sun here in the east. )
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post
                  I think BruTak assumed the same (as did I), but was making a joke about finding a torrential rainstorm here in Scotland.

It's always raining here, especially on the west coast where BruTak lives. (We occasionally see the sun here in the east. )
                  "Sun"? What is "sun"? Meanest thou the great yellow hot thing that blinds and burns?
                  sigpic
                  Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

"Sun"? What is "sun"? Meanest thou the great yellow hot thing that blinds and burns?
                    Here ye go pal... This is a sun.
                    sigpic

Comment

Here ye go pal... This is a sun.
                      No, no, no, no, I AM the SUN!
                      sigpic
                      I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
                        No, no, no, no, I AM the SUN!
                        No! I am Spartacus - oh, wait, sorry, wrong movie.
                        sigpic

Comment

No! I am Spartacus - oh, wait, sorry, wrong movie.
                          So anyone have trouble watching the spiffy new trailer on the official site? I tried last night and finally gave up since I couldn't find the button to click to agree to the downloading license thingie. I did catch it on YouTube. Can't wait til it airs!
                          sigpic
                          I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Ah. I wasn't sure.

Scotland sounds very much like Vancouver, BC and Seattle, WA to me.

Comment

Scotland sounds very much like Vancouver, BC and Seattle, WA to me.
                              Cold? Wet? Miserable? Constantly complain about the folk on the other side of the border?

Ring any bells?
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
                                So anyone have trouble watching the spiffy new trailer on the official site? I tried last night and finally gave up since I couldn't find the button to click to agree to the downloading license thingie. I did catch it on YouTube. Can't wait til it airs!
                                I don't recall that there was a button - scroll down to the bottom of the text and tick the I Agree box
                                -

Comment

Working...
                                X