Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sanctuary Discussion (Spoilers for the most recent episode)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
    I didn't have time to play today the way I'd hoped, only about an hour and fifteen minutes towards the end of the day.

So, this is my hour's fun remixing the awesome and untouchable SANCTUARY (2 minute) trailer. This is just a remix, variation on the same theme. No frills. Hopefully I can round up some better audio next time I have a chance to play around. Even so, it was an entertaining hour!!

Compressed (QT H.264 MOV - 640x480 Letterboxed - 19mb)

Or the obligatory (but not as nice) YouTube version:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gDzu4YiIBw

Blessings,

geek
    (you would never know from this piece of gunk that I actually do this fairly competently for a living )

Great job! It works very well.
    Hatshepsut, Queen Pharaoh

Comment

I didn't have time to play today the way I'd hoped, only about an hour and fifteen minutes towards the end of the day.

So, this is my hour's fun remixing the awesome and untouchable SANCTUARY (2 minute) trailer. This is just a remix, variation on the same theme. No frills. Hopefully I can round up some better audio next time I have a chance to play around. Even so, it was an entertaining hour!!

Blessings,

geek
      (you would never know from this piece of gunk that I actually do this fairly competently for a living )

and you do it so well mini I salute you
      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Here is my edit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94HT6McEZt8

The beginning is a little sloppy but the last bit is good

I might do another more sharper edit somewhere down the line but here is one for now

Comment

Originally posted by Starxgate View Post
          Here is my edit

I might do another more sharper edit somewhere down the line but here is one for now
          Wow. Color me Beyond Impressed! You and Mini are so cool. The fact that you guys were able to pop one of those bad boys out so quickly is really sweet!

If you're going to redo it, the only thing I could think to change would be to keep Helen's "choice" at the end, as it is in the original (so essentially switch the gun-toting shots). I liked how you upped the pace, though. Nice job!

Comment

Here is my edit

Very cool. Well done.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
            ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Arrgh! It looks like my computer isn't advanced enough! I loaded the Flash 9, but it still won't play. I was lulled into a false sense of security that I could view the credits teaser before. Guess I'll have to sneak a few minutes at work & then decide about upgrading my computer pronto. I was going to *eventually.*

Comment

So, this is my hour's fun remixing

[/SIZE]
                Great!! Loved the scene shifting. Audio on mine was a little off, but might be my computer. Thanks!

Here is my edit

Loved the increased pace/ music!! Great stuff!

Starxgate - do you want to post yours at the Sanctuary site? (if you haven't already) The forum has a place for fan creations! Everyone will love it!!

Thanks for sharing!

Did anyone notice the Yeti is able to drive in the trailer?

How did Sasquatch get his driver's license? Did he have to stand in line the usual 3 years to fill out his drivers license application? Did other customers notice Bigfoot standing in line with them at the Department of Motor Vehicles??

No Sasquatch drivers licenses without orders signed in triplicate, sent in, sent back, queried, lost, found, subjected to public enquiry, lost again, and finally buried in soft peat for three months and recycled as firelighters.(Douglas Adams)
                Last edited by tagger; 28 March 2007, 05:07 PM.
                Words have tremendous power. The right words spoken by the right people at the right times can lift up communities, transform lives, mend relationships, break hearts—even topple empires.
                Quint Studer

Comment

Originally posted by tagger View Post
                  Starxgate - do you want to post yours at the Sanctuary site? (if you haven't already) The forum has a place for fan creations! Everyone will love it!!
                  Done

http://www.sanctuaryforall.com/forum...read.php?t=289

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                    Arrgh! It looks like my computer isn't advanced enough! I loaded the Flash 9, but it still won't play. I was lulled into a false sense of security that I could view the credits teaser before. Guess I'll have to sneak a few minutes at work & then decide about upgrading my computer pronto. I was going to *eventually.*
                    Are you trying to use the player on the Sanctuary site or have you downloaded one of the files and are trying to play it locally on your computer?
                    -

Comment

Originally posted by tagger View Post

Did anyone notice the Yeti is able to drive in the trailer?

How did Sasquatch get his driver's license? Did he have to stand in line the usual 3 years to fill out his drivers license application? Did other customers notice Bigfoot standing in line with them at the Department of Motor Vehicles??

No Sasquatch drivers licenses without orders signed in triplicate, sent in, sent back, queried, lost, found, subjected to public enquiry, lost again, and finally buried in soft peat for three months and recycled as firelighters.(Douglas Adams)
                      And he gets his insurance from Geiko, since he resembles a caveman??? Hey - maybe the Geiko Caveman can become Will Zimmerman's patient, and then the Yeti / Bigfoot can consult? He ought to be able to offer a unique perspective on the Caveman's issues.
                      Nerd-o-rama: Oh, I almost forgot. Sam also had the power of Xenotechnological Deus Ex Machina for a few seasons (can use any alien technology if it suits the script's purpose.) Then they gave it to Jack for some reason.
                      So that's why we've seen so little of Sam and Jack in these past two seasons. They're spending all their free time as the Xenotechnological Deus Ex Machina League fighting evil in Washington DC.

Comment

Originally posted by MerRu View Post
                        And he gets his insurance from Geiko, since he resembles a caveman??? Hey - maybe the Geiko Caveman can become Will Zimmerman's patient, and then the Yeti / Bigfoot can consult? He ought to be able to offer a unique perspective on the Caveman's issues.
                        The cavemen are getting their own series. And Talia Shire will be their therapist.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0484207/

Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
                        William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
                        Anon

Comment

Blessings,

geek

Here is my edit

I loved both edits, they're fantastic Well Done!
                          Oh I wish I had talent *sigh*

Julia(samcarterrules)
                          sigpic
                          Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

I've had a nice long look at the trailer - ooh, about six or seven times I should think - and the question that springs to mind is, is Sanctuary set in a specific North American city?

Some of the wide shot of the city looks like New York, other segments (the elevated train) looks more like Chicago. But then again, given the amount of darkness (will someone please turn on a light?) it might be Gotham and the Sanctuary gang might expect to be paid a visit by the chap in the cape and cowl...
                            sigpic
                            Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                            To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                            And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                              I've had a nice long look at the trailer - ooh, about six or seven times I should think - and the question that springs to mind is, is Sanctuary set in a specific North American city?

Some of the wide shot of the city looks like New York, other segments (the elevated train) looks more like Chicago. But then again, given the amount of darkness (will someone please turn on a light?) it might be Gotham and the Sanctuary gang might expect to be paid a visit by the chap in the cape and cowl...
                              Here is a quote from an interview Damian recently gave to SyFy Portal...

Originally posted by Damian Kindler
                              "The original idea for 'Sanctuary' was set in New York.” However, because of improved special effects abilities, “we’ve created our own city that is a mash up of New York, London, Gotham and other cities.”
                              Hope that helps to answer your question.

Comment

How about a wee bit of architecture from Scotland's big two, Glasgow and Edinburgh thrown in for good measure?
                                sigpic
                                Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                                To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                                And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Working...
                                X