Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sanctuary Discussion (Spoilers for the most recent episode)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    they ALMOST had cher for 'post modern prometheus' but she turned them down...then regretted it when she saw how it came out

seriously though, i could see helen watching the x-files and recognizing where they got some of thier ideas from...or picking it apart because they do the monsters wrong
    Really? That's too funny. That's gotta be one of my all-time favorite X-Files eps.

Comment

Yeah, I think the role of "cher" in the ep was specially written for her because she was a big x files fan and she turned it down cos she thought it would be really corny or something. *looks under bed for x files dvds*
      Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
        Yeah, I think the role of "cher" in the ep was specially written for her because she was a big x files fan and she turned it down cos she thought it would be really corny or something. *looks under bed for x files dvds*
        I dont recall anyone saying they wrote it cos she was a fan. I think it just made sence with the story of the ep/her movie (The Mask?)
        But she did say she was a fan of the show and loved the ep and yes regretted not doing it.

Comment

right. they wrote it for her or with her in mind, she refused, they went with the impersonator....then when she saw the eps she regretted it

my all tiem fav eps is still clyde bruckman's final repose....i think it was the first eps i ever saw and i was hooked. but then stuff like Home and other icky (and to me OTT eps) just turned me away from the show
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

But, in the meantime, another big announcement: I was exchanging emails with the lovely Amanda Tapping and I asked her whether she might be interested in doing a fan Q&A. Well, I’m happy to report that she’s more than happy to visit with us. And with production on Sanctuary’s second season poised to begin soon, she has a rare/brief window of calm before the inevitable storm. So…

If you’ve got questions for Amanda Tapping, start posting. But please avoid duplicating questions that have already been asked. Be concise and let’s avoid burying Amanda under the inevitable avalanche of well-wishes and meandering queries.
            http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...-announcement/
            sigpic
            The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

i'll think of a question!! i'm trying!!

sally

sigpic

Comment

Thanks so much .

Originally posted by majorsal View Post

i'll think of a question!! i'm trying!!

How 'bout?

Amanda, why are you so awesome? .

Comment

right. they wrote it for her or with her in mind, she refused, they went with the impersonator....then when she saw the eps she regretted it

my all tiem fav eps is still clyde bruckman's final repose....i think it was the first eps i ever saw and i was hooked. but then stuff like Home and other icky (and to me OTT eps) just turned me away from the show

Home is like the best ep! I loved it when they went more viollent. Thou I think all the drama around the ep is overrated. Theres nothing excessive in it I;O.

So any good questions for AT?LOL

Comment

Home is like the best ep! I loved it when they went more viollent. Thou I think all the drama around the ep is overrated. Theres nothing excessive in it IMO.

So any good questions for AT?LOL

Comment

I don't know if this has been asked before, I've looked a little in the past pages, but admit I haven't searched all of them:

Does anyone have a guess as to what the significance, if any, of the location where Dana and Ashley ended up in the last shot? I have been told that is was Easter Island, but I'm not familiar with the history of the place to make any kind of educated guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Inward Wind View Post
                        I don't know if this has been asked before, I've looked a little in the past pages, but admit I haven't searched all of them:

Does anyone have a guess as to what the significance, if any, of the location where Dana and Ashley ended up in the last shot? I have been told that is was Easter Island, but I'm not familiar with the history of the place to make any kind of educated guess.
                        I'm not sure if it's been discussed, but I'll give you my take on it...

First of all, it's remote. In fact, according to what I've read, it's the most isolated inhabited place on the face of the earth. If Helen were going to look for Ashley, it would probably be the last place she'd ever consider.

More importantly, however, is the name of the place. You're correct: it's Easter Island. Easter is a Christian holiday associated with resurrection and rebirth. Dana tells Ashley Welcome to you new life. She has basically "killed" the Ashley who existed before and raised her from the dead to a new existence. Also...depending on how the cabal plan on using Ashley and the Source (which, if you're familiar with Christian tradition is also an important element in the sacredness of Easter as Christ offers up himself, body and blood, for the redemption of the world)...they could be seen as the same sort of transformative element--albeit evil and perverted--for their plot to create their own army of dedicated followers. "True believers", if you will, although, granted, not of free-will.

Anyway...that's my take on it, for what it's worth.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Inward Wind View Post

In addition to the excellent points that AstraPerAspera mentioned, take also into account the mystery of the Easter Island monoliths, or moai's. They're quite huge, and it's a mystery how the natives were able to transport them, as the largest of the moai's weighed in excess of 200+ tons.

They're supposed to represent ancestor worship...

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                          SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                          Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by morjana View Post
                            In addition to the excellent points that AstraPerAspera mentioned, take also into account the mystery of the Easter Island monoliths, or moai's. They're quite huge, and it's a mystery how the natives were able to transport them, as the largest of the moai's weighed in excess of 200+ tons.

They're supposed to represent ancestor worship...
                            Oooh. Nice catch! Hmmm. Wonder what ancestors....
                            sigpic

Comment

Sigh.... I love my mother, I really do *rolls eyes*

Spoiler:

Mum: Guess what? I've found this great new show. It's on the Sci Fi Channel but Kelly and Mark say it was on ITV or something first. Very surprising, actually, I thought Sky would have picked it up.

Me: Oh? What's it called?

Mum: Sanctuary. It's about this Victorian woman who helps abnormals and she used to be engaged to Jack the Ripper and has his daughter and...

Me: That's the thing you watched with me at Christmas, Mum. The one you thought was fascinating and were really interested in. The one that I've been telling you about for the past two years?!

Mum: I thought that was The New Adventures of Sherlock Holmes or The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen or somethin.

Me: Nope. That was Sanctuary.

Mum: Ah, that's why it's familiar. But it says Amanda Tapping is in the show, which is why I mentioned it, because I know you're a big fan as well. But I can't work out who she's playing.

Me: Helen Magnus.

Mum: What about Helen Magnus?

Me: Amanda Tapping is playing Helen Magnus.

Mum: But it doesn't sound like Amanda Tapping. And I always guess actors based on how they sound. And the accent is far too good - the delicate hybrid...

Me: Mum, I can send you a picture of me stood with Amanda looking like that. It's Amanda Tapping. Trust me.

Mum: But I thought she was involved with that shockingly boring webseries you kept going on about a while back.

Me: That boring webseries is Sanctuary.

Mum: That's called Sanctuary as well? How confusing!

Me: No, Mum.... they turned the webseries into a TV series. It's the same thing. The first three episodes are basically new versions of the webisodes.

Mum: But they were really cool. And the web things were boring. All that stuff about witches and King Arthur.

Me: Have you actually been watching the TV series, Mum?

Mum: Yes. But there's guns. And monsters. And a girl who's kinda like Buffy. None of that boring guy who lives with the plants.

Me: Wexford.

Mum: That's the one.

Me: Mum, that was played by your favourite actor.

Mum: My favourite actor is that lovely chap from Atlantis. The one who signed my DVDs. Paul. He's such a lovely -

Me: Yes, Mum. That's the one.

Mum: Well... I like Sanctuary and I'm very angry that you didn't tell me about it before.

Me: *headdesk*
                              Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
                                Sigh.... I love my mother, I really do *rolls eyes*

Spoiler:

Mum: Guess what? I've found this great new show. It's on the Sci Fi Channel but Kelly and Mark say it was on ITV or something first. Very surprising, actually, I thought Sky would have picked it up.

Me: Oh? What's it called?

Mum: Sanctuary. It's about this Victorian woman who helps abnormals and she used to be engaged to Jack the Ripper and has his daughter and...

Me: That's the thing you watched with me at Christmas, Mum. The one you thought was fascinating and were really interested in. The one that I've been telling you about for the past two years?!

Mum: I thought that was The New Adventures of Sherlock Holmes or The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen or somethin.

Me: Nope. That was Sanctuary.

Mum: Ah, that's why it's familiar. But it says Amanda Tapping is in the show, which is why I mentioned it, because I know you're a big fan as well. But I can't work out who she's playing.

Me: Helen Magnus.

Mum: What about Helen Magnus?

Me: Amanda Tapping is playing Helen Magnus.

Mum: But it doesn't sound like Amanda Tapping. And I always guess actors based on how they sound. And the accent is far too good - the delicate hybrid...

Me: Mum, I can send you a picture of me stood with Amanda looking like that. It's Amanda Tapping. Trust me.

Mum: But I thought she was involved with that shockingly boring webseries you kept going on about a while back.

Me: That boring webseries is Sanctuary.

Mum: That's called Sanctuary as well? How confusing!

Me: No, Mum.... they turned the webseries into a TV series. It's the same thing. The first three episodes are basically new versions of the webisodes.

Mum: But they were really cool. And the web things were boring. All that stuff about witches and King Arthur.

Me: Have you actually been watching the TV series, Mum?

Mum: Yes. But there's guns. And monsters. And a girl who's kinda like Buffy. None of that boring guy who lives with the plants.

Me: Wexford.

Mum: That's the one.

Me: Mum, that was played by your favourite actor.

Mum: My favourite actor is that lovely chap from Atlantis. The one who signed my DVDs. Paul. He's such a lovely -

Me: Yes, Mum. That's the one.

Mum: Well... I like Sanctuary and I'm very angry that you didn't tell me about it before.

Me: *headdesk*
                                LOL! Oh man! mom's can be a handful sometimes can't they?

Comment

Working...
                                X