Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sanctuary Discussion (Spoilers for the most recent episode)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shows like that get big names cos the actors want to appear in the show.
    I remember Chris Carter mention that a lot of big names asked to be in The x files but he "never" caved in cos it would distract from the story.

Comment

Not Sanctuary related, but Doug Luberts wrote an interesting blog entry on creating VFX and using green screen. When you read it, I think it really helps appreciate the quality of the DP's work on Sanctuary.

Warning: Spoilers for The Guild's season 2 Finale

http://dougluberts.turbomandala.com/...ason-2-finale/
      Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by kes View Post
        Shows like that get big names cos the actors want to appear in the show.
        I remember Chris Carter mention that a lot of big names asked to be in The x files but he "never" caved in cos it would distract from the story.
        The biggest stars they had were Lily Tomlin and Ed Asner. For the episode that they were in, though, it worked.
        Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
        William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
        Anon

Comment

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
          The biggest stars they had were Lily Tomlin and Ed Asner. For the episode that they were in, though, it worked.

yes, thats a cool ep LOL
          And Jodie Foster as Betty's voice LOL I think that was thet tats name

Comment

they ALMOST had cher for 'post modern prometheus' but she turned them down...then regretted it when she saw how it came out

seriously though, i could see helen watching the x-files and recognizing where they got some of thier ideas from...or picking it apart because they do the monsters wrong
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
              they ALMOST had cher for 'post modern prometheus' but she turned them down...then regretted it when she saw how it came out

seriously though, i could see helen watching the x-files and recognizing where they got some of thier ideas from...or picking it apart because they do the monsters wrong
              Yeh, but she was playing herself. or would be LOL
              It would've been cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
                Not Sanctuary related, but Doug Luberts wrote an interesting blog entry on creating VFX and using green screen. When you read it, I think it really helps appreciate the quality of the DP's work on Sanctuary.
                Warning: Spoilers for The Guild's season 2 Finale
                http://dougluberts.turbomandala.com/...ason-2-finale/
                Actually Tracy, it's more Sanctuary related than it's not...when you think about it!
                I realised how much I appreciate all the work anyone does behind the scene after I tried to make my own movies...be them family movies or my music videos...it's a lot harder than it looks. And while I also appreciate that they have trained to do this and they are way better equipped than I, it's still a lot of work.
                So thanks for that Tracy!!
                "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

For those of you suffering from Sanctuary withdrawal, SciFi Rewind has the pilot and Fata Morgana back up, though they've taken Revelations off.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
                    For those of you suffering from Sanctuary withdrawal, SciFi Rewind has the pilot and Fata Morgana back up, though they've taken Revelations off.
                    That's good timing because I just kicked off that review thread I mentioned previously. If anyone is interested in rewatching Season 1 and the Webisodes together then head over to The Withdrawal Blues Review Thread *Spoilers - Season 1 & Webisodes*
                    -

Comment

Hulu also has the pilot ep, and the next 3 or 4 eps after that up again.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KatG View Post
                        Hulu also has the pilot ep, and the next 3 or 4 eps after that up again.
                        Anyone have any idea if/when SciFi is going to rerun the series...?

We watch off Hulu but my mother won't and I'm dying to tie her up in front of her TV and make her watch talk her into watching next time they're rerun. She's been stuck on the whole "...monsters?..." thing and hasn't been able to get over that yet *sigh* Which, having been subjected to the Scariest Night on TV by my dad for years isn't surprising...

Comment

The nominations for the 2009 Sanctuary Fanfiction Awards close in just over 30 hours. If you still want to nominate a story, please contact the team at [email protected]

Categories are:
                          Helen
                          Will
                          Ashley
                          Recurring Character
                          Webverse
                          Best Original Abnormal
                          Angst
                          Action
                          Romance
                          General

Nominations close at 11.59pm Sunday 22nd February 2009

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
                            Anyone have any idea if/when SciFi is going to rerun the series...?

We watch off Hulu but my mother won't and I'm dying to tie her up in front of her TV and make her watch talk her into watching next time they're rerun. She's been stuck on the whole "...monsters?..." thing and hasn't been able to get over that yet *sigh* Which, having been subjected to the Scariest Night on TV by my dad for years isn't surprising...
                            You might see a marathon of two if your lucky but I don't see SciFi airing old episodes on a normal basis anytime soon. Your best bet is to take advantage of Hulu airing them
                            Originally posted by aretood2
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

We're really lucky in the UK. We've had them repeated numerous times on ITV4 (and one of my friends mentioned ITV2 as well, though I've not seen that myself) as well as the Sci Fi channel.

Comment

my money is on, the week before/day of the season premiere that skiffy runs a marathon
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X