Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sanctuary Discussion (Spoilers for the most recent episode)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
    Spoiler:
    and that part that normally censors what she says was shut off. or helen on super, duper, mega PMS.
    I agree. HEH. It's...hot...actually.

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
    OT

Spoiler:
    ...Once mum calmed down and realised what had happened (and that there was no real danger) she was horrified. Too late for your maternal instincts to kick in 2 minutes later, mum.
    That should not be as amusing as it is. LOL!

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
    Then later he commented that the tactics and weapons they were using were also exactly right and that 'they must have a really good military advisor'. Thought I'd share
    That's pretty darn cool!
    Jenni

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
      Imho,

Spoiler:
      If Helen wouldn't/couldn't kill Druitt and he's done some horrible things, there is no way she'd be able to kill Ashley. I think she'd put her in a cold sleep or something, but there is no way she could kill her child. Nope, not gonna happen.
      Spoiler:

But I think Helen has tried to kill Druitt at least twice, in 1888 and then in the pilot. She shot him in 1888 though it only grazed him, and then in the pilot she seemed to think whatever she put into her blood would kill him, since she mentioned she was surprised he wasn't dead in The Five.

IMO, in both instances she fully intended to kill Druitt, which suggests to me that Helen has the capacity to at least attempt to take the life of someone she loves if it's for the greater good. So I think it's more that Helen failed to kill Druitt because of outside influences rather than an internal inability to kill him.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
        Sanctuary is now airing in Singapore, did we hear about this before?? I can't remember.

There is an article over at channelnewsasia.com about Sanctuary with a couple of quotes from Amanda and Martin. Follow the link for the article
        Yay, some new quotes! I have to agree with her when she says
        Spoiler:
        she brings humanity to the character.
        That's the bottom line for what keeps me watching.

Comment

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
          Spoiler:

But I think Helen has tried to kill Druitt at least twice, in 1888 and then in the pilot. She shot him in 1888 though it only grazed him, and then in the pilot she seemed to think whatever she put into her blood would kill him, since she mentioned she was surprised he wasn't dead in The Five.

IMO, in both instances she fully intended to kill Druitt, which suggests to me that Helen has the capacity to at least attempt to take the life of someone she loves if it's for the greater good. So I think it's more that Helen failed to kill Druitt because of outside influences rather than an internal inability to kill him.
          I agree. I would have to watch that episode again to see if there was hesitation b/c of her feelings
          Spoiler:
          before he grabbed Ashley vs. not having a good opportunity.
          I know she
          Spoiler:
          didn't shoot him when he had Ashley in his clutches b/c as good a shot as she is, she would risk hitting Ashley.

Comment

I thought I remembered reading that Jim Menard was the director of photography on SAnctuary. I remember him on SG1 commentaries talking about his lighting techniques. In my multiple viewings I've noticed some really effective lighting and wondered if it was his. He's very good with flattering lighting on actors among other things.

Comment

Originally posted by Inward Wind View Post
              I guess I'm in the pondering mood these last couple of days but another thought I had was:
              Spoiler:
              Do you think that Helen would take out Ashley if Ashley was going to kill someone else, like Will, Henry or BigFoot? The reason I ask was because, maybe it's just me, but I thought it strange that Helen wouldn't shoot Druit immediately when he showed up in her house in the pilot -before he grabbed Ashley or even afterwards when Ashley was yelling for her to do it. She evidently also waited to shoot him until after he killed the prostitute in the flashback - even though she knew who he was by that time.
              Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
              Imho,
              Spoiler:
              If Helen wouldn't/couldn't kill Druitt and he's done some horrible things, there is no way she'd be able to kill Ashley. I think she'd put her in a cold sleep or something, but there is no way she could kill her child. Nope, not gonna happen.
              Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
              Spoiler:

OK...Sunny makes some great points there...and Evenstar has also made some good points...but I'd have to say
              Spoiler:
              that I don't think Helen could do it...I think however that nobody would let her anyway. If Ashley needed taking out, I think Henry or Bigfoot would do it...but the circumstances would have to be absolutely dire.

Sanctuary is now airing in Singapore, did we hear about this before?? I can't remember.
              There is an article over at channelnewsasia.com about Sanctuary with a couple of quotes from Amanda and Martin. Follow the link for the article
              OK... so are Australia and New Zealand like the last places to get Sanctuary??...coz that really really irks me to no end!
              "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
              Hug Your Loved Ones!!
              ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                I thought I remembered reading that Jim Menard was the director of photography on SAnctuary. I remember him on SG1 commentaries talking about his lighting techniques. In my multiple viewings I've noticed some really effective lighting and wondered if it was his. He's very good with flattering lighting on actors among other things.
                I think JM was involved in the webisodes but I recall Amanda mentioning someone else in interviews for season 1. I think JM had moved over to Atlantis so probably wasn't available.

I volunteer with an amateur theatre group (my official title: "Assistant Prop Chick") and the play we are currently performing includes a reference to a "cabal". Can't help but smile everytime I hear that. Also, the director is from Ireland and the other day she called me a "cheeky monkey". Totally cracked me up!

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

It's actually David Gettis, Amanda has mentioned him in a few interviews as "he paints with light"
                  -

Comment

can you remember which eps he did (on stargate)?

my sanctuary withdrawals....
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

Self-pimpage as my muses won't shut up: Paternal Instinct, Druitt's thoughts and feelings between his first meeting with Ashley and The Five. Only 881 words, so I guess they are at least brief

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                        OK... so are Australia and New Zealand like the last places to get Sanctuary??...coz that really really irks me to no end!
                        Nope ... we don't have it (and I doubt we will tbh).
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                          OK...Sunny makes some great points there...and Evenstar has also made some good points...but I'd have to say
                          Spoiler:
                          that I don't think Helen could do it...I think however that nobody would let her anyway. If Ashley needed taking out, I think Henry or Bigfoot would do it...but the circumstances would have to be absolutely dire.

Trust me there are a few places that will, most likely lol , never get it.

Comment

It's actually David Gettis, Amanda has mentioned him in a few interviews as "he paints with light"
                            thanks for the info. Very apt description. Darn SciFi doesn't show the credits in any way you can read them. And that type on the credits on shows keeps getting smaller and smaller--or is it my aging eyes?

Comment

thanks for the info. Very apt description. Darn SciFi doesn't show the credits in any way you can read them. And that type on the credits on shows keeps getting smaller and smaller--or is it my aging eyes?
                              The fonts are getting smaller. I've noticed it too.
                              Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
                              William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
                              Anon

Comment

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
                                The fonts are getting smaller. I've noticed it too.
                                Good! I thought it was just me
                                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Working...
                                X