Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sanctuary Discussion (Spoilers for the most recent episode)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
    Yeah...that and the Helen/Druitt relationship.
    So I was thinking,
    Spoiler:
    do you think that James Watson helped Helen to freeze the embryo all those years ago?? And do you think he helped her to bring the baby to term?? He just strikes me as the type of friend and scientist that would do that for Helen.
    Interesting that you should bring this topic up. I'm uncertain as to the protocol on this thread, but Jenn wrote a fanfic related to this point. If it's not okay to post such links here, just let me know and I'll remove it.

Thanks!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
      So, yeah. Let's add that to the list for S2, which will already require about 35 episodes to be completed.
      Well heck, if soap operas can do it...

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
      Okey Dokey, hands up who is having withdrawal symptoms.
      ME! And my carpool buddy, Reneasha.

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
      i'm thinking of inducing coma so i don't have to wait for the goodies (s2 of sanctuary and 3rd sg1 movie). or i'll have sallythemermaid wake me when it's time.
      Yes, please. LOL
      Jenni

Comment

Originally posted by AstraPerAspera View Post
        Interesting that you should bring this topic up. I'm uncertain as to the protocol on this thread, but Jenn wrote a fanfic related to this point. If it's not okay to post such links here, just let me know and I'll remove it.
        Thanks!
        I can't imagine why you can't rec a fic here...thank you!! I haven't read it yet...will check it out later though.
        Cool that my thinking isn't so random!!
        "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
        Hug Your Loved Ones!!
        ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Helen/Druitt:
          Spoiler:
          do you think that James Watson helped Helen to freeze the embryo all those years ago?? And do you think he helped her to bring the baby to term?? He just strikes me as the type of friend and scientist that would do that for Helen.
          I tend to think he must have done, given how far beyond the bounds of regular science such a thing as for the time period and given the technological innovation of the suit. It would also, interestingly, mean they've got an easy explanation to make it possible for the embryo to have been transferred post implantation instead of the way we do it now. Cause lets face it.. that's nothing compared to a mechanical suit that prolongs life a hundred years. And, really, from a storytelling/character perspective it makes more sense to have her stop the pregancy once John went bad than to decide on artificial insemination at some other point.

As to the acting in Requiem, APA and I were fangurling discussing that elsewhere. Not just in Requiem (though it's really obvious in Requiem given the setting and situation), but throughout the series. Which is obviously attributable to the skill of all the actors, but is also only possible, IMHO, because of the collaborative nature of the thing and the level of trust. Which is to say, the writer(s) is relying on the director(s) and actors to bring meaning to scenes through performance without needing to overtly state it through exposition and dialogue. So you get these scenes which, if you were to read the transcript, would probably seem relatively flat and meaningless yet contain glances and expressions which give depths it would require pages of script to replace. But we weren't fangurling. Honestly

Comment

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post

An opposing arc, in a way, was the fracturing of Helen and Ashley's relationship, which will mostly likely continue for at least a few episodes next season and will also hopefully be followed up by some Helen/Ashley bonding episodes.
            yeah, and for those of us that have seen the finale, it plays into that

Spoiler:
            'jealous sibling' syndrome, even among rational adults, is a real thing. so helen tucking will under her wing would effect ashley's confidence. Rationally, she'd know that will is not threat, yet there'd be some little part of her that'd think 'hey, why not me?' even as she knows that she and will don't have the same skills

and the cabal took advantage, deliberately or not, of that little weakness
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I'm not going to post it all here but I agree with what JenniferJF stated earlier about Requeim being a second Kush episode, of sorts. I believe I went into the episode with not as much of an open mind just because I was already disappointed to find out that it was pretty much going to, again, just involve two characters from the show, like Kush. It did provide some details that added to Helen and Will's characters, but I couldn't get into it as much as some of the other episodes.

What do you mean Skydiver when you talk about the sibling jealousy in the finale? I don't recall seeing that? Darn, does that mean I need to go back and watch it again

I'm all for discussing the episodes each individually. Love analyzing the shows. I probably do it too much!!

Comment

revelation discussion/spec

Spoiler:
                we didn't see any sibling jealousy, but it could have been something the cabal used to break her

something they used to instill doubt into her

i think any feelings ash has/had was in her subconscious and not realized, but insecurity about one's place in the grand scheme of things is natural whenever you have a new person joining your group. and the smaller the group, the larger those feelings

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                  I'm not against the idea but is their a legal way view the Sanctuary episodes?
                  jelgate, some of the eps can be seen here...http://www.hulu.com/videos/search?query=Sanctuary

Comment

Revelations thoughts...

Spoiler:
                    My impression of the cabal's co-opting of Ashley is Sanctuary was that it was strictly chemical--I thought the whole point of torturing Henry was to learn what it was that triggered his werewolf side to emerge and overwrite the tremendous control he has over that ability--which they then used to spike that can of Red Bull (of whatever...) that Dana gave Ashley to drink. Because we already know Ashley is more like her father than her mother, and with the right adjustment of her body chemistry could become even more so. Obviously she has his teleportation gift...and his rage. Bringing her the rest of the way probably was only a matter of tipping the chemical scale.
                    sigpic

Comment

Got a P4 writeup, with a few Sanctuary related bits in
                      http://missyvortexdv.livejournal.com/372863.html

Comment

Revelations:
                        Spoiler:
                        Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                        yeah, and for those of us that have seen the finale, it plays into that 'jealous sibling' syndrome, even among rational adults, is a real thing. so helen tucking will under her wing would effect ashley's confidence. Rationally, she'd know that will is not threat, yet there'd be some little part of her that'd think 'hey, why not me?' even as she knows that she and will don't have the same skills
                        Interestingly, I just brought this idea up elsewhere that if Ashley had taken after Mom more than Dad Helen wouldn't have needed Will (as Helen herself seemed to have taken over for her father). Which does sort of make one wonder if they're planning on playing on that idea at all. Though, tbh, Helen needs someone who can do what Ashley does (and John did?) just as much as what she herself and Will do, which brings up all kinds of interesting issues about why we choose the mates we choose and the importance of offspring beyond the merely biological et. al. Not that those I think could ever be brought up overtly on a TV show, but it's definitely 'things that make you go, Hmmm...'

Comment

Originally posted by AmberMoon View Post
                          jelgate, some of the eps can be seen here...http://www.hulu.com/videos/search?query=Sanctuary
                          If people want to do a rewatch discussion in this thread that will only help me when they do Revealations.
                          Originally posted by aretood2
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                            If people want to do a rewatch discussion in this thread that will only help me when they do Revealations.
                            I found the other site that hosted the eps (I couldn't remember the name earlier)... www.veoh.com/tv-shows/Sci-Fi-Sanctuary. The site wouldn't load but that could be because I'm checking it from work.

Comment

we do probably need to take the indepth Revelation stuff over to the episode thread folks

sigpic

Comment

*raises hand*
                                *raises both hands*

Re Warriors:
                                Spoiler:
                                I would have to say that the main issue I had with Warriors is the whole fight scene everything about it turned e off The bulked up Will was just too comical...I couldn't take it seriously...not that I'm implying that it all should be taken seriously...if that makes sense...but I just couldn't enjoy watching that ep. Although...I did enjoy the look on Ashley's face when she saw HulkWill!
                                LOL - that was cute, I agree! ...and I'm raising my hands as well! *nods in enthusiastic agreement*

Yeah...that and the Helen/Druitt relationship.
                                So I was thinking,
                                Spoiler:
                                I think that's a very interesting idea chelle ... I can so see
                                Spoiler:
                                James as a 'uncle' figure for Ashley when she was younger. While John and Tesla were evidently more active in their fighting over Helen's affections, James struck me more as a close friend, who would come to her rescue. Now whether that was perhaps his way of attempting to win her affections in however small a portion, or if I'm completely off in my own little soap-operatic world, is another story altogether...

Originally posted by AmberMoon View Post
                                Just a note for anyone who hasn't tried this yet - a lot of these legit hosting sites only like you if your computer thinks you're American For any Canadians out there in withdrawl, if you have access to someone with TMN, the entirety of Sanctuary S1 (minus the 'lost' webisodes, unfortunately) is available on TMN-on-demand, sans commercial breaks
                                ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
                                ames on facebook
                                ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

Working...
                                X