Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sanctuary Discussion (Spoilers for the most recent episode)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by morjana View Post
    TV Guide Online now has a message board for Sanctuary at:

http://community.tvguide.com/forum/Sanctuary/800042192

To be honest, it's kind of a clumsy system, but I thought I should point out its availability.

TV Guide Online is splitting from TV Guide Magazine (which will have its own web site in 2009) and part of their reorganization steps is that effective Dec. 17 '08, there are no longer any message boards, reader blogs and fan groups at TV Guide Online.

Their web site says:

"TVGuide.com will no longer support our current message boards, reader blogs and fan groups as of December 17, 2008. We are working on new social and community features for the site and will roll them out over the coming months. Thank you for your participation. We’ll continue to provide up-to-the-minute breaking news, scoops, videos, photo galleries and recaps of your favorite shows."

Well...sugar.

Sanctuary was getting quite a few hits over there on their message boards.

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
      I loved the Helen bits. The other.... I ended up fast forwarding thru. Same thing happened on B5 for TKO. Love the Ivanova shiva bits, the other, after the first sitting, the "action" bits I ff thru.

It's a shame this ep came right after Requiem. I think it suffered because of it.

And yes, even according to the SyFy Portal guy, this ep was easier to sit thru for his 12 year old.

suse
      Hahaha ... that's bad ...
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LilFerret View Post

But on a happy note...a new cast pic!

Spoiler:
        http://lilferret.com/SanctuaryCastLove.jpg
        Aww that's so cute! They all look so happy.
        Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
        Well I do think, all series have that 1 episode that makes us groan...the thing about Sanctuary is that, even though one part may not have been good, the other parts of the ep can make up for it.

Spoiler:
        I liked the opening scene, the interaction with the 3 of them. It showed Ashley and Helen getting along, so they must have made amends from Ashley finding out who her father was. Will seemed to have that 'at home' feeling with them, and we learned something more about Helen (I still think it was John not Ringo ) We also got to see Helen with her 'father' and how it affected her, and how Ashley stood up for her mother. So with a little FF it can be made into an enjoyable episode
        *nods* I agree
        Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
        For me, the best part of Warriors was
        Spoiler:
        Helen kicking a$$ in STILETTOS! Yes I am shallow. I thought the makeup/costume for Will was some of the worst I've seen in any series and instantly reminded me of a white Incredible Hulk. That may be what they were going for, but the plastic look SuperBuffWill was just unbelievable to me.
        Yeah it was to me too. My favourite part of the ep was:
        Spoiler:
        Helen's interaction with her Father.

Julia(samcarterrules)
        sigpic
        Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
          master tapes....they're what is either sent to them to air (rare) or the tape that they use to record the show off satellilte/feed, to air off of

master tapes are quite often reused since stations don't usually keep episodes that they air...they record, air, tape over, and usually have two tapes, although sometimes - depending on when the feed is - can only have one

chances are, since the tapes are reused, they can get worn on the edges...and that's where the audio tracks are laid down (the station is likely using beta or DVC pro tapes, which aren't quite as vulnerable as 1 inch or 3/4 inch tapes, but can be worn)

a new set of master tapes should fix it....unless it's the machine that's messing up the tapes, then it'll repeat itself

Me thinks Sky should go work for Movie Central!

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

sky spent too many years playing in the master control of her local tv station
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ~Sarah~ View Post
              Lol, totally knew that was going to be the pic to get you
              I was watching that part thinking, Oh the boys are going to love that!!!
              *Hugs*
              That it did .

Comment

A new wall made by request, for folke123:

SPOILER for Requiem

Spoiler:
                Jenni

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor View Post
                  Not all. Never saw a groan-worthy episode of Firefly. Every episode was good or great.

But I did like that "Smell better" line in Warriors That was a highlight.

Funny, that was absolutely one of my LEAST favorite lines. hehe. To each, their own. It did not add to the story, the plot, or anything I was interested in. It only served to make the female leader more b****y, which I regret.

To be a female leader does not always = bi***ness, it requires strength.

Granted, in female leaders, strength is often confused with b****y behavior, but it still does not equate one with the other...

Too bad the episode seemed to allow the usual stereotype... IMO.

Actually, you know I would love the majority of viewers to feel the opposite of what I felt...
                  Words have tremendous power. The right words spoken by the right people at the right times can lift up communities, transform lives, mend relationships, break hearts—even topple empires.
                  Quint Studer

Comment

Originally posted by LilFerret View Post
                    A new wall made by request, for folke123:

SPOILER for Requiem

Spoiler:
                    That is nothing short of Amanda .

Comment

Originally posted by tagger View Post
                      Funny, that was absolutely one of my LEAST favorite lines. hehe. To each, their own. It did not add to the story, the plot, or anything I was interested in. It only served to make the female leader more b****y, which I regret.

To be a female leader does not always = bi***ness, it requires strength.

Granted, in female leaders, strength is often confused with b****y behavior, but it still does not equate one with the other...

Too bad the episode seemed to allow the usual stereotype... IMO.

Actually, you know I would love the majority of viewers to feel the opposite of what I felt...
                      The smell better line was funny. However, whether it had come from a man or a woman, it still would have been funny, to me. I find it interesting that you saw it as her being "witchy" where as I saw it as her being honest.
                      Spoiler:
                      He probably did smell bad after spending so much time in those underground places and around the sweaty abnormals they were creating

So yeah, I have to respectfully disagree with you on it making her sound "witchy". *hugs*
                      sigpic
                      I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

A NEW Sanctuary tonight! Great viewing option for a day when you're snowed in. Or any day.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                          A NEW Sanctuary tonight! Great viewing option for a day when you're snowed in. Or any day.
                          Any day with Amanda/Sam/Helen is a good day . I keep looking out my bedroom window and all I see is snow, snow and more snow . Pity though, it's days like these I wish I was still in school, so then I wouldn't have to go in .
                          Last edited by Rocky89; 19 December 2008, 12:27 PM.

Comment

Hi guys, I need your help, well actually it's more of a request . I've already PM'd a few people about this, but I was told I could reach people faster like this. Now, in my 1000th post, I unveiled my first big Amanda YT vid, that one was mostly an Amanda centred vid, with all pics of her from early on in her career and her life. There was also a few good pics of her fans and co-stars in there from SG and Sanctuary. I made that vid to show the kind of person she is, and why so many people love her, and why people would want to love her. That vid did rather well in fan and critic reviews btw .

Now I'm going after something else . I'm making another Amanda YT vid, and I'd like this one to be her (of course ) and her fans . I know there's plenty of Amanda and fan pics out there, I know I've seen some . But I like to make a YT vid of her and her fans to show the close and special bond they share . So I'm asking you if that's OK, do yo have any pics of you and Amanda I can use? I can't just go and get a pic of you and her on Samanda and use it without telling you or getting permission, that's just wrong. So is it OK if I use a pic or 2 of you and Amanda in my vid? If it is, can you please PM me and we'll talk . It's up to you of course, and you pick the pics, duh .

Also, as something I just came up with, I got an idea to do something more than just a picture video. I'd also like to add some text in the picture, something said by the fan to make it extra special . So if there's anything you like to say about Amanda, like a fond memory or something, write it in your next post to me and I'll put it in there . If you'd like .

Thanks for reading .
                            Last edited by Rocky89; 19 December 2008, 12:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
                              That is nothing short of Amanda .
                              I'll have to add that saying to my repertoire.

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                              Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
                              Any day with Amanda/Sam/Helen is a good day . I keep looking out my bedroom window and all I see is snow, snow and more snow . Pity though, it's days like these I wish I was still in school, so then I wouldn't have to go in .
                              I worked from home today. Glad I didn't attempt to go in, it turns out the city I live in was the worst hit in the county. I did have to take a shovel break though. D*** snow.
                              Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
                              William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
                              Anon

Comment

OMG this eps is awesome! So far, my favorite bit...
                                Spoiler:
                                Helen catching the cameraman eaves dropping on them and tells him the creature is behind them...then she's all in his face telling him to NOT eaves drop on them like tha again. I LOVE HER! mwahahahahaha!
                                sigpic
                                I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X