Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sanctuary Discussion (Spoilers for the most recent episode)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry if this doesn't fit in this thread, but I didn't know where to put it

Sam and Jack seemed to mirror each others' actions in SG1 a lot. Am I crazy, or are Helen and Ashley mirroring each other a lot in Sanctuary? I've noticed this when seeing still shots from episodes of the two together (mostly on the AT/Sam Thunk thread).

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
      I don't talk to my computer as far as I know, but I do talk to my car sometimes. I have been known to say "good girl" and pat the dashboard when it starts up on a below zero day...
      Originally posted by Tittamiire View Post
      I patronise my computer...usually along the lines of, "now stop making a fuss" when the fan starts whirring when I ask it to do two things at once. I talk to the car more...especially in winter.
      I talk to my car and pat her little dashboard too. I did it the other week when I didn't think I was going to make it to the gas station. A little "come on baby, you can make it" works wonders.
      Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
      William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
      Anon

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
        I talk to mine but mostly just to curse at it.
        Same here!! Well not all the time though...especially when I'm watching Sanctuary...then she gets pampered!! And my car...which is off the road again!...she gets cursed a lot! In fact I probably curse my car more than praise her.
        "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
        Hug Your Loved Ones!!
        ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

OMG

I'm dying laughing 20 minutes after seeing the commercial. Sharks in Venice!!!! I think this has to take the SciFi cake

Comment

yeah, i may have to watch it just to enjoy the stupidity of it all
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
              And hey, I also noticed that I've been promoted to a Royal Guard . Of course we all know that if I'm anyone's Royal Guard, I'm Amanda's Royal Guard.

Now that I've been promoted, I fully accept my duties and responsibilities as Amanda's Royal Guard and everything that comes with it, and I STRENUOUSLY vow to ALWAYS be by her side, just as I've always done, and to spread the happiness, joy, love and wonderful spirit that it Amanda Tapping. Basically I'm her knight in shinning armor now .

I went to work last night, and it was going well until I saw my horrible schedule, it said I work next Friday 4 to 9:30. Which ultimately meant I would have missed Requiem next Friday. Then I started thinking I could always see the repeat, but then I actually slapped myself, I thought "WHAT?!, what the hell is the matter with me? I made a promise to myself, and more importantly I made a promise to Amanda" . And when I make a promise to the angel, I keep that promise, or I don't deserve to call myself a fan. Have you guys read my huge promise post, that's a promise!

I mean, the other day I got green for something I wrote on this thread, and in the green massage, they said something very sweet "Amanda has a true fan in you!" And if I missed Requiem, what kind of fan would I be? So, I talked to my boss, and told him I can't work next Friday, of all the other days, why next friday?
              I mean, in the before pilot episode, I had never really seen Helen before, only Amanda with dark hair, and in promo pics and vids and stuff like that, but when I saw her for the first time, I was just so happy to see her, and I actually said, out loud too, "It's nice to finally meet you Helen".

I'll always regret that I wasn't around when SG-1 was on, I had seen bits of it here and there, but I was more into power Rangers and stuff, so I never sat back and watch it, and that I didn't really get into it until near the end of S10. I mean I was aware of the show, and I'd seen it here and there over the years, and I never thought much about it. then I bought the whole series set, and watch every episode in just 2 weeks. As for SGA, I had to watch S4 on my lap-top, I didn't have TMN back then. And came to Atlantis, I felt great because I could see Sam again in a new season of SGA, and watch a whole live episodes of the show. Watching those episodes when they were new, I felt like how I should have been when SG-1 was going on, but then it was over too. I missed out on 10 awesome years of live SG-1 adventures, and I missed all the action and fun when it was new, and I missed watching Sam grow up. But thinking of what my life's been like these past 12, years, I feel like how Amanda did after the last episode of SG-1 when she, Michael, and Chris went up to the briefing room, and looked down at the Gate I'm like "Well, that happened" (She said that in the Unending commentary)

But that WILL NOT be the case for Sanctuary, so far I've seen EVERY episode live on Friday nights, I record them too of course, then I come here and talk about it, and I will keep doing that as long as Sanctuary's around. As silly as it may sound, I want to make up for all those years I wasn't around for SG-1. Which is why I want to continue to watch every episode live (the actual day it comes out) and I want to be there to see Helen in action every week on my big screen TV. This time, I'm gonna do things right, so it's kinda like a new beginning for me.
              Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
              Congratulations, Sir Rocky. Now remember as a bodyguard you stay *outside* the Queen's chambers.

Guys, I have horrible, horrible news , I *sniff* missed *ashamed to be here* Sanctuary . Things happened today that were out of my control, and I missed my girl, I missed my Amanda/Helen tonight .

I posted those posts above to help illustrate my point, I wrote them saying I'm her Royal Guard, and that I accept my duties and responsibilities, and in my other post, I promised her I'd never miss an episode I can't believe I let Amanda down, I'm one of her biggest fans, and I let her down . I'm her Royal Guard, how could I let her down, what kind of Royal Guard am I? I let the queen down . There's only one thing that can fix this, I gave to be punished, you guys have to red me . That's right, I have to be taught a lesson, I have to get red to teach me a lesson.

My first episode of Sanctuary I've missed so far, and even though I can watch it on Monday, it won't be the same. At least I saw Requiem, which is what I wanted. But I still let Amanda down tonight .

OMG, what's Amanda gonna do when she finds out?

Spoiler:

Amanda: I trusted you, and you let me down Rocky, You've failed me as my Royal Guard.

Rocky: I'm sorry Amanda, it wasn't my fault.

Amanda: Oh, this is also for sneaking into my chambers.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                Actually, that's one that is closer to reality than most of theirs. I just watched a show the other day, they are finding bull sharks in the rivers of Louisiana and greenland sharks in the waters of the St. Lawrence Seaway near Quebec. I'm guessing that some sharks are adapting to fresh water in search of food supplies due to the reductions in ocean fish populations. It's a frightening scenario.

Spoiler:

Amanda: I trusted you, and you let me down Rocky, You've failed me as my Royal Guard.

Rocky: I'm sorry Amanda, it wasn't my fault.

Amanda: Oh, this is also for sneaking into my chambers.

I think she'll forgive you. On the other hand, you are incorrigible.
                William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
                Anon

Comment

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
                  I think she'll forgive you. On the other hand, you are incorrigible.
                  Me? Incorrigible when it comes to Amanda? NEVER . Hopefully I'll be able to catch it monday , I still feel bad though, I let my girl down . I let Amanda down . How do you think she felt?

: Rocky....*sniff*.... how could you? : WHHHHHHHHY?

: I'm sorry Amanda, I tried.

Comment

((((((((((((((Rocky89))))))))))))) you'll watch it on Monday... ((((((hugs))))))
                    sigpic
                    Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

Originally posted by JanSam View Post
                      New blog update!
                      http://www.sanctuaryforall.com/index...Join_ID=237207

And WOOT for commentaries on the DVDs!
                      Yay! Thanks For posting Jan.

Julia(samcarterrules)
                      sigpic
                      Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Just watched Warriors...left my thoughts here: Warriors - Spoilers so be warned!
                        I had some issues with it but it did have some nice bits!! I'm still happy with it but not ecstatic as I am with Requiem and all the previous eps. For me, this is probably the least favourite thus far. BUT...I'd still say watch it...it might not exactly appeal to me a whole great deal but it might do so for someone else!
                        "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                        Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                        ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

I talk to my computer too. Did you put your hand on it's monitor and tell it to stay?
                          No but I guess it gets a little worse as far as that particular action....
                          I was joking around with one of the girls at work and she did that exact thing to me, to which I had to explain to her why I walked away laughing so hard I was in tears....
                          sigpic
                          awesome siggie courtesy of jasminaGo

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                            Okay, good to know that I'm totally not the only one....
                            That line "Everyone knows that Italians make the best food..."
                            I can't keep a straight face everytime I hear that....
                            I understand that it *could* in theory happen... it's just the wonderful graphics that they have....
                            sigpic
                            awesome siggie courtesy of jasminaGo

Comment

I talk to my car and pat her little dashboard too. I did it the other week when I didn't think I was going to make it to the gas station. A little "come on baby, you can make it" works wonders.
                              My friend named her car Janet. She posted a photo of a small red car and asked about names that were reliable and loyal. Janet it is.
                              Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by ~Sarah~ View Post
                                Okay, good to know that I'm totally not the only one....
                                That line "Everyone knows that Italians make the best food..."
                                I can't keep a straight face everytime I hear that....
                                I understand that it *could* in theory happen... it's just the wonderful graphics that they have....
                                Yes, you can tell they had a HUGE effects budget.
                                William Shakespeare

Anon

Comment

Working...
                                X