Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sanctuary Discussion (Spoilers for the most recent episode)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
    Yep I agree with Suse

Spoiler:
    I think she purposefully(sp?) used the american accent to Will, like making fun of his accent. To more so taunt Will than anything else.
    Yes, that was it--particularly on "Helen." Wonderful stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
      A big THANK YOU to Sky and to all those who have pm'd me offering their help but I'm hoping the station will correct the problem before Monday's or Friday's rebroadcasts so I can join you all in the "Requiem Admiration Society". I appreciate all the kindness.
      EH-T have you tried the website for TMN, I think they like SciFi show it streaming.
      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
        EH-T have you tried the website for TMN, I think they like SciFi show it streaming.
        I looked there but it only shows the trailer and the webisodes. Good to know about the latter though. Thanks.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

So, something to make up for the sound problems with the latest episodes, my Sanctuary t-shirt and hoodie arrived today. I haven't tried them on (still at work) but the t-shirt size looks good. However, the hoodie is huge for a "small". I often have this problem when the sizes are unisex. Just a heads up to others.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

So, something to make up for the sound problems with the latest episodes, my Sanctuary t-shirt and hoodie arrived today. I haven't tried them on (still at work) but the t-shirt size looks good. However, the hoodie is huge for a "small". I often have this problem when the sizes are unisex. Just a heads up to others.
            When did you order yours? (If you don't mind my asking...?) I've got an order in also and I'm hoping it will make it before xmas but I'm in the states. I ordered Nov. 24th.
            sigpic

otoole/Erin

Comment

Well, you could move to Canada because we get it commercial free. However, you would have to give up hearing the episode!
              Maybe the sound is just muffled by all the snow.
              Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
              William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
              Anon

Comment

Huge honking spoilers for anyone who did not see Requiem tonight on ITV4

Spoiler:
                Apparently Helen's nosebleeds had nothing to do with the parasite or pressure. According to ITV4's advert campaign they were running in the breaks, she's just a cokehead!
                Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
                  Huge honking spoilers for anyone who did not see Requiem tonight on ITV4

Spoiler:
                  Apparently Helen's nosebleeds had nothing to do with the parasite or pressure. According to ITV4's advert campaign they were running in the breaks, she's just a cokehead!

Sorry....that's just too funny.
                  sigpic
                  I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                    You know what I was thinking today...and this might be somewhat morbid or what not...but
                    Spoiler:
                    Helen is able to die. We now know she can die and isn't immortal in the sense of she can't be killed. She can actually die. Or maybe, she dies but only for a short time then she regenerates and comes back to life...Ok...now I'm just confusing myself!
                    I loved how when she asked Will to be creative...she knew what he had to do...this woman is just too calm
                    ...I sooo love her!
                    I was so thinking that! That was great to see, the fact that :
                    Spoiler:
                    she is not immortal... that she can totally be killed.... It gives her a vulnerability.... although I was pretty sure after The Five that she could be killed the way she acted when Nikola sent the vamps after her....

My favorite part? Lol, where she was right in Will's face and just goes "Ha!" She played that soooo well, just completely out of the box, example when he woke up and she kept saying "You're okay" in that childlike voice... The way Amanda played it, she brilliantly let you see that it clearly wasn't Helen....
                    sigpic
                    awesome siggie courtesy of jasminaGo

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                      Yes, that was it--particularly on "Helen." Wonderful stuff!
                      But he never calls her "Helen", only Magnus. But "Helen" sounded very North American.

Suse
                      sigpic
                      Mourning Sanctuary.
                      Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by ~Sarah~ View Post
                        Spoiler:
                        she is not immortal... that she can totally be killed.... It gives her a vulnerability.... although I was pretty sure after The Five that she could be killed the way she acted when Nikola sent the vamps after her....

My favorite part? Lol, where she was right in Will's face and just goes "Ha!" She played that soooo well, just completely out of the box, example when he woke up and she kept saying "You're okay" in that childlike voice... The way Amanda played it, she brilliantly let you see that it clearly wasn't Helen....
                        Spoiler:

I loved that moment as well, Helen going from reassuring to accusatory so quickly. But I think it really was Helen that we saw throughout the episode, just a Helen that was slowly losing control of her emotions because of the parasite's effect on her limbic system.

Will said Magnus was one of the most controlled and rational person he knew, which I think comes from the all the history she's lived through. By the end, I think we saw a Helen who had lost most of that control and rationality, and was dominated by the darker aspects of her personality that she can usually keep under control, like her bitterness and anger about all the people she's outlived.

That's part of what I really liked about AT's performance, that it wasn't just Helen going completely insane, but Helen going insane while still retaining or revealing parts of her personality.

I'm clearly spending far too much time thinking about this episode...

sigpic

Comment

requiem

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
                          Spoiler:

I loved that moment as well, Helen going from reassuring to accusatory so quickly. But I think it really was Helen that we saw throughout the episode, just a Helen that was slowly losing control of her emotions because of the parasite's effect on her limbic system.

Will said Magnus was one of the most controlled and rational person he knew, which I think comes from the all the history she's lived through. By the end, I think we saw a Helen who had lost most of that control and rationality, and was dominated by the darker aspects of her personality that she can usually keep under control, like her bitterness and anger about all the people she's outlived.

That's part of what I really liked about AT's performance, that it wasn't just Helen going completely insane, but Helen going insane while still retaining or revealing parts of her personality.

Spoiler:
                          i loved reading this! it's putting an additional spin on my love affair with this ep.

*saves evenstar's post*
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by morjana View Post
                            Try using a different browser. For some reason, some sites I can access only using Firefox, and some I can only use IE.
                            Drives me batty (and I knew you were wondering what the reason was...)

I tried both browsers...no luck!
                            Originally posted by ~Sarah~ View Post
                            Spoiler:

OMG...that was brilliant...I'm really having a hard time to pin pint just one favourite moment...the whole ep just blew me away! And continues to do so!
                            Originally posted by suse View Post
                            But he never calls her "Helen", only Magnus. But "Helen" sounded very North American.
                            Suse
                            Spoiler:
                            I didn't catch onto the change in accent other than when she said "Friends don't do that to each other"...it sounded more cockney than anything else. And when she said her name "Helen"...it almost sounded aussie! But other than that I don't recall it ever sounding American.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
                            I wonder how much of her emotions were hers when she teared up after the second/third nose bleed?
                            I hope that now we get to see more of Helen's vulnerabilities and more emotion and less control. Especially with regard to Ashley...considering how frustrated she is currently.
                            "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Spoiler:

you know it could be

requiem spoilers
                              Spoiler:

that there's a part of helen that desperately wants to cut loose. she wants to act without worrying about consequences or the fall out, just act and not worry about what will happen.

but it's a part that was trained out of her, first in victorian england, then as the years have gone on and she grew into a lifestyle and occupation that depends totally on discretion and 'lying low', thus every action now is measured and precise.

i wonder if there's a part of her that envies ashely and her exuberance and verve.
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Not a spoiler but I am not botherd to change the thread When she asked if he could feel the "sunlight" how could she belive him when he said yes? He wasn't infected right? And why didn't she infect him when he was tied to the chair? I was hoping for a kiss there

Comment

Working...
                                X