Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sanctuary Discussion (Spoilers for the most recent episode)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kush

Spoiler:
    they were traveling...but on a chartered plane to pick up a monster. even if biggy had stayed home, why do you think ashley stayed behind ?
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
      Kush

Spoiler:
      they were traveling...but on a chartered plane to pick up a monster. even if biggy had stayed home, why do you think ashley stayed behind ?
      Spoiler:
      Umm...to bake cookies
      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Kush

Spoiler:
        Spoiler:
        Because the script said so!

Seriously, maybe she had something else she needed to do, like the cameleon guy in FM. And Biggie stayed behind to help.
        sigpic

Comment

Kush

Spoiler:
          Spoiler:
          Maybe because Sylvio (sp?) had the equipment/experience and was hired to handle the capture for this mission?
          sigpic

Comment

Originally Posted by bossluna
            Right before the "chick magnet" bit:

Josh the host: "Now Miz..you have a lot of nicknames.."Grand Wizard of Lust"...
            The Miz: nodding his head and starts blabbering his other nicknames ...."blah blah ... of Seduction"....
            Josh: The "Real Deal Sex Appeal..."
            Miz: "blah blah...of Desire"..
            Amanda: looking very serious..."Sultan of Shrinkage..."
            Miz: surprised and gestures to his "swimsuit area"
            Amanda: looks at him after a beat with a huge smile and says "It's cold..." and playfully punches him in the arm.
            Josh: "Love it!...that's all she meant... It's very very cold."

And you can hear the lady behind the camera laughing her butt off. That was classic.

Amanda is made of win.
            Way to go Amanda she blew him out of the water
            sigpic
            (''For all Eternity'') Ripperette,MultishipperAmanda=Angel Magnett,Teslan,Willen

Comment

personally? i doubt JM would write for sanctuary in the near future.

like he said, he's busy with SGU and an alledged movie and...honestly, i don't think his style of writing fits the atmosphere and attitude that Amanda & co are trying to set.

they are going more for human emotions and human stories and angst and humor...classy humor

they're into character moments and emotions, he's into space ships and SFX and stuff blowing up

and joe's more of a slapstick, yuk-yuk and innuendo kinda guy. It would probably be hard for him to capture the attitude they are setting for the show

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
              Had Ghost Hunters on while handing out candy....

Have this to say about Amanda. Class act as usual. Treated the people and the show with respect. Did have a couple of funny moments. One when the wrestler referred to himself as a "chick magnet" and she gently slammed into him as if attracted by his "magnetism" and then when she joked about leaving just before the "hunt" started.
              Classic. Somehow it doesn't surprise me, but I'm tickled by it.

Comment

Re: Ashley and Kush I just assumed:
                Spoiler:
                she was wrapping something up at home. Also there may have been limited room on the plane? I didn't really mind b/c I was so jazzed about a heavily Helen ep.

Comment

Originally posted by bossluna View Post
                  Right before the "chick magnet" bit:

Josh the host: "Now Miz..you have a lot of nicknames.."Grand Wizard of Lust"...
                  The Miz: nodding his head and starts blabbering his other nicknames ...."blah blah ... of Seduction"....
                  Josh: The "Real Deal Sex Appeal..."
                  Miz: "blah blah...of Desire"..
                  Amanda: looking very serious..."Sultan of Shrinkage..."
                  Miz: surprised and gestures to his "swimsuit area"
                  Amanda: looks at him after a beat with a huge smile and says "It's cold..." and playfully punches him in the arm.
                  Josh: "Love it!...that's all she meant... It's very very cold."

And you can hear the lady behind the camera laughing her butt off. That was classic.

Amanda is made of win.
                  amanda's so dang cool!!

i sooooooo hope someone can edit together all of amanda's stuff!!
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

someon the yahoo list brought up a good question about kush
                    Spoiler:

why wasn't ashley and biggy with them? (practicality, i'm sure it was a space issue)

but, practicality aside, why do you think it was just helen and will?
                    i answered on the yahoo list, but i'm thinking -

Spoiler:
                    maybe helen wants zimmerman to get as much experience as possible?
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

i also think....

well they're not ALL joined at the hip. everyone can't go on all the missions
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Maybe she needed some technical support at home, or like I believe we've sorta said, she takes the best hands for each mission...
                        sigpic
                        awesome siggie courtesy of jasminaGo

Comment

sultan of shrinkage??????

LOLOL

it'll be worth scanning through jsut for that

anyone that watched, how often was she on? I'll work on pulling her stuff out of the whle thing, but it'd be a lot easier if i had an idea how much there was

You can PM me with any info
                          Well, that shrinkage part (*snort* pun not intended...but...amusing, nonetheless...) is in the beginning, so you'd not have to sit through it...but I recommend you do. I was planning on fast forwarding to the AT parts, as we were behind a bit on the DVR, since I got home later than the show began, but my husband said no, it would ruin it. And it would have, as I thoroughly enjoyed everything I saw...investigation-wise. I fast forwarded through commercials, and the haunted house contest B.S....lol...I wanted to see the investigation, not something else.

The show made a believer out of me, although I already had my own notions. I'm a huge skeptic, however, so it helped to see that the guys on the show, themselves, are skeptics as well.

As far as how much time she was on, she was on throughout the 7 hours, in a few minute to fifteen minute segments. They switched back and forth between the teams inside the fort, especially since some found interesting things, while others didn't.

I just really enjoyed watching her as more than a character, just watching her as Amanda Tapping. Watching her discover new things, try out new ideas, and really take to heart what they were trying to accomplish.

I've heard/read a lot of people (friends of mine) saying they were happy Amanda was respectful, and basically didn't belittle them. Well, for one, she's not the type to do so, and for another, who's to say she isn't a believer in the supernatural? I mean, seriously...just because one person doesn't believe, doesn't mean another can't. If they watched all 7 hours, and actually paid attention to the investigation and to what Amanda did, said, her mannerisms, voice pattern, etc...as I did...they'd see that she was not humoring them. If she didn't believe, she sure convinced me she did. She appeared as genuinely interested in what they were all experiencing as the investigators themselves did. Acting is one thing...but it's the rare individual who can show so many different shades of wonder, awe, and surprise as she did that night.

Long story short...LOL...it's well worth your time to watch.

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
                          Spoiler:
                          Seriously, maybe she had something else she needed to do, like the cameleon guy in FM. And Biggie stayed behind to help.
                          OK...now I realize you didn't mean that the way it came out...or, pardon, the way I read it...

But...

LMFAO

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                          i answered on the yahoo list, but i'm thinking -

Spoiler:
                          maybe helen wants zimmerman to get as much experience as possible?
                          i also think....

well they're not ALL joined at the hip. everyone can't go on all the missions
                          Originally posted by ~Sarah~ View Post
                          Maybe she needed some technical support at home, or like I believe we've sorta said, she takes the best hands for each mission...
                          All three very likely different sides of the same, correct coin...wait...triangle? *sigh*

Originally posted by Falcon 304 View Post
                          Spoiler:
                          Helen dream.....

following Helen.
                          WOW! *dazzled* And...to the quoted part above. HEH...Was there ever any doubt?
                          Jenni

Comment

Originally posted by LilFerret View Post
                            OK...now I realize you didn't mean that the way it came out...or, pardon, the way I read it...

But...

LMFAO
                            OMFGROFL! You're terrible!!!

WOW! *dazzled* And...to the quoted part above. HEH...Was there ever any doubt?

Comment

As far as how much time she was on, she was on throughout the 7 hours, in a few minute to fifteen minute segments. They switched back and forth between the teams inside the fort, especially since some found interesting things, while others didn't.

Long story short...LOL...it's well worth your time to watch.
                              Total Amanda time I have on my edited version is around Hour and a half (I don't have the beginning when she was introduced......I messed up on the programming of the DVR but I have everything else).

I usually enjoy GH but I do have to admit that parts of this Live show were boring (not Amanda's parts ).....not to mention how annoying "the Miz" was......but I look forward to seeing next Wednesday's review of Fort Delaware.
                              sigpic

Comment

All three very likely different sides of the same, correct coin...wait...triangle? *sigh*
                                Or different sides of a 9sided dice.....

Okay, so I missed recording the first hour and a half of GH, simply because I'm a goob, and set the VCR wrong, but I discovered that it was slightly okay because A, you all shared what I seem to have missed, and B, the tape picks up right at a part with her in it, so I didn't have to search around....
                                However, there is a C, which involved me watching a little bit in the dark, late at night and yeah, I think I'm gonna finish it tonight.... Round two of being a chicken....

On the up side, I was totally talking about this at work with another girl, and she was all like "Oh yeah, I saw Amanda Tapping on Ghost Hunters last night" and while I was slightly disturbed by my friend's infatuation with "The Miz" (short for Mizerable waste of my time??? *silently appologizing to those who like him) I was just estatic that she knew who Amanda was, and told me that she really enjoyed her bits too....

And to make this all just slightly ontopic, she said that she's thinking of watching Sanctuary with her boyfriend now....
                                sigpic
                                awesome siggie courtesy of jasminaGo

Comment

Working...
                                X