Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sanctuary Discussion (Spoilers for the most recent episode)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LilFerret View Post
    I tend to agree,

Spoiler:
    regarding the blood. Besides the fact I was screaming at the TV that the creature was tricking them. *sigh* Do they EVER listen to me? LOL

I loved that it was so Helen-Centric...the type of show we've all likely been hoping for.
    Poor ferret. The tiny people on TV never listen!

It was great to see so much Helen. Amanda knocked it out of the park. Once again, her facial expressions were gold, and conveyed so many conflicting feelings in Helen.

Originally posted by ~Sarah~ View Post
    *falling off chair laughing*

Sorta like:

Spoiler:

Will: No, really, these things are like the freakin tribbles...
    <<he notices a questioning glance from Helen>>
    You know, from Star Trek?!

Henry: Personally I'm more of a Stargate Fan...

Will: Really? I would have guessed X-Files....

Henry: Nope, Stargate. I always did have a little bit of a thing for the blonde...

Helen: Are you two about finished?

Excellent! If they don't slip an inside joke in there somewhere, they're missing a golden opportunity.
    Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
    William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
    Anon

Comment

I personally think they need to establish themselves a bit more, distance themselves from Stargate before throwing in the cheeky SG jokes.

It's the same thing with using actors from the main cast of either SG-1 or Atlantis. They don't want to do that too soon IMHO.

Comment

Lol, I was just thinking of this, but something about the "Nubbins" slightly reminds me of a slightly more gremlinish "tribble".... perhaps it's just me....

Last nights ep was great!!! I liked how
        Spoiler:
        they used the creatures ability to effect perception as the key device, and I'm sorry, that whole "coffee" thing had me laughing.... especially since I was drinking my favorite blend of coffee at that particular time.... But how Bad@ss did Helen look when she flipped that gun and shot the creature.... Again, wonderful acting, Encore, encore!!!
        Yep, first thing I thought of was Tribbles.

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
        yeah, i think the nubbins are definitely gonna be 'killer tribbles'

what'll be funny is if will says

Spoiler:
        they bred out of control....didn't you watch star trek????

and helen makes some smark aleck remark about how she can't because it's just too silly or unrealisitc

Sorta like:

Spoiler:

Henry: Nope, Stargate. I always did have a little bit of a thing for the blonde...

Love these ideas.

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
        Ok Sky, you are definitely a scifi geek

I never noticed what was on the wall
        Me either although I'm not a huge Trek fan.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Amanda and Sanctuary are on the main page of TV Guide Online:

http://www.tvguide.com/

On the right hand side page of the page:

TOP VIDEOS

Stargate's Amanda Tapping's New Adventure on Sanctuary

The video is an earlier Amanda Tapping video interview that TV Guide Online hosted.

SANCTUARY's Amanda Tapping goes green (screen).

http://www.tvguide.com/video/player.aspx

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
          SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
          Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by antoa View Post
            I personally think they need to establish themselves a bit more, distance themselves from Stargate before throwing in the cheeky SG jokes.

It's the same thing with using actors from the main cast of either SG-1 or Atlantis. They don't want to do that too soon IMHO.
            Lol, and I agree, but it is fun for us to joke a bit with

They're doing great so far at establishing themselves....

This just popped into my fron, but I was going through pictures earlier, and I'm sorry if this was explained by someone, or if I might have brought this up.... so much going on sometimes.... But AT's dark wig had an almost maroon streak of hair running through the back... it made it into Fata Morgana, but I was just wondering if anyone knew, not that AT would dye a maroon streak into her actual hair.... I'm rambling again... apologies....
            sigpic
            awesome siggie courtesy of jasminaGo

Comment

Unfortunately she no longer has the red streak. I loved that. And it bothered me in Fata Morgana just because it made it that much more obvious that it was a wig.

Comment

Unfortunately she no longer has the red streak. I loved that. And it bothered me in Fata Morgana just because it made it that much more obvious that it was a wig.
                I thought that too... Just wondering about it... one of those things, you think there's a story behind it, kinda like how Rogue got her white streaks in her hair...

On that same note though, it kinda gave her an extended form of style, which they've been able to really give her on the tv version... I keep going back to see just what jewelry she has on...

Truthfully, I'd like to sneak into Ashley's closet and borrow a few things though....
                sigpic
                awesome siggie courtesy of jasminaGo

Comment

It's actually a bat'leth (Sword of Honor). And I so need one for above my fireplace. It's on my list.

I had forgotten that Damian wrote 'The Other Guys'

A Trek reference in Sanctuary would be fabulous. They already had a Star Wars one.
                  Its on my list too...for when I have a fireplace...mind you, all my photos and stuff from cons are still sitting in a folder because currently I don't even have walls I can hang things on so its a long way away lol.

I was thinking about this. One of the things I loved about Buffy when it was on the air was all the pop culture references that there were in the dialogue and I think Sanctuary has the potential to do a lot of geek pop culture references that would be a lot of fun. They look like tribbles, hang a lantern on it and amuse the star trek fans etc. And the monsters in fata morgana (that I really can't remember the name of) totally looked like big versions of the death of rats...although maybe discworld references are a little too obscure.

I thought that too... Just wondering about it... one of those things, you think there's a story behind it, kinda like how Rogue got her white streaks in her hair...

On that same note though, it kinda gave her an extended form of style, which they've been able to really give her on the tv version... I keep going back to see just what jewelry she has on...

Truthfully, I'd like to sneak into Ashley's closet and borrow a few things though....
                  I keep thinking...."I wish I had that outfit....wait...I wish I had that body and then the outfit"
                  sigpic
                  Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
                  My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

Now Robin Dunne is on the main page of TV Guide Online:

TODAY'S TOP VIDEOS

Robin Dunne Moves Into Sanctuary

SANCTUARY's Robin Dunne to navigate love triangle.

(This video was previously posted.)

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

A quote from Sanctuary made it to Clique Clack's 'Quotation Marks - Week of Oct. 25, 2008':

(Please follow the link for the complete column.)

“I have standards, Will, and drinking coffee? Well below them.” - Helen Magnus, Sanctuary

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
                        It was great to see so much Helen. Amanda knocked it out of the park. Once again, her facial expressions were gold, and conveyed so many conflicting feelings in Helen.
                        I've been waiting for an episode like this for a while, I always loved watching Carter kick butt, and seeing a lot of her on screen, now it's Helen's turn, and I love watching her do her thing . Amanda's performance as Helen is like you said "gold", same with Carter, and I hope we see more of Helen, and now I'm even more excited to see Requiem, which Amanda keeps saying is the bravest thing she's ever done as an actor, so I'm really looking forward to seeing that .

Excellent! If they don't slip an inside joke in there somewhere, they're missing a golden opportunity.
                        A SG joke would be cool .

Spoiler:
                        Will: Say Helen, you remind me of Carter sometimes.

Helen: Carter?

Will: Oh, Sam Carter, from Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis. You ever watch those shows?

Helen: Yes, here and there, but I'm more interested in the Vala character.

Could you imagine?

Originally posted by morjana View Post
                        A quote from Sanctuary made it to Clique Clack's 'Quotation Marks - Week of Oct. 25, 2008':

“I have standards, Will, and drinking coffee? Well below them.” - Helen Magnus, Sanctuary
                        Alright, that's good, gald to see Sanctuary's getting noticed . I love that quote too .

Comment

Sorta like:

Spoiler:

CLASSIC. And appeals to my shippy side.

Originally posted by Tittamiire View Post
                          Bwahaha....and back to the theory that y'all should be the ones writing these shows and now just watching them
                          Agreed!

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
                          Poor ferret. The tiny people on TV never listen!

Totally agree.

Originally posted by Tittamiire View Post
                          I was thinking about this. One of the things I loved about Buffy when it was on the air was all the pop culture references that there were in the dialogue and I think Sanctuary has the potential to do a lot of geek pop culture references that would be a lot of fun.
                          The Facebook comment had me smirking.
                          Jenni

Comment

Originally posted by morjana View Post

why does something so simple make such a squee worthy moment?

yes, i'm loving it that it's already making the IT lists!
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

Re: Kush. I thought this was a well done episode. You had
                              Spoiler:
                              the sealed room mystery thing going on along with the scifi "what is real?" thing playing with our characters. Good Helen moments--always key for me. They brought Ashley into it in an appropriate way for the ep.

ETA: ^ my favorite part of that quote was
                              Spoiler:
                              Rule Britannia.
                              I thought that was very Helen.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                                Re: Kush. I thought this was a well done episode. You had
                                Spoiler:
                                the sealed room mystery thing going on along with the scifi "what is real?" thing playing with our characters. Good Helen moments--always key for me. They brought Ashley into it in an appropriate way for the ep.

ETA: ^ my favorite part of that quote was
                                Spoiler:
                                Rule Britannia.
                                I thought that was very Helen.
                                I agree jckfan, it was well done My favourite part(s)

Spoiler:
                                were all the dreams of Helen and John Those 2 certainly have chemistry even if he wasn't the best choice of lovers

and LOL about the Rule Britannia I loved that even freezing she wouldn't take a cup of coffee
                                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Working...
                                X