Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sanctuary Discussion (Spoilers for the most recent episode)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
    That only applies to Stargate episodes. I mean, there is actually a YouTube thread over in Off Topics for crying out loud.
    That I didn't know. My bad.

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
      LOL - I'm also recording it to my PVR, but I'll have to hook things up to get it off of that if the archos doesn't grab it. Might take a short bit. Odd though that Discovery HD does not air the program, only Discovery Cable (the non HD channel). Too bad about that.

By the by, the ARCHOS is (imho) one of the best PMPs on the market, and also does podcast content. The unit I have is 160 GB and has a great sized screen for a palm-held unit. It also has superior battery life and will read almost any video codec I've ever seen including H.263 format, DIVX, XVID and WMV, etc. You name it. I can't plug it enough. Love the thing! And it's a personal video recorder also, direct to digital, so you can carry your television with you on the bus, the train, the airplane, and plug it into any external source and watch in full resolution on a large screen TV.
      Originally posted by parsifal View Post
      For the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yS_FXEGviyo, trying to save the video both with my extension and through keepvid.com, I get a file that's 14.7 MB.

Can anyone else upload the correct file (that I apparently can't access) to a file host?
      Flocks of words flying overhead.....

I'm clueless, that is the only thing that skeeers me about Sanctuary - my average computer savvy.

*whimpers* Oh, and the abnormals are a little creepy - do all genetic mutations imply demonesque creatures? But I can handle it, I still can't wait.
      Words have tremendous power. The right words spoken by the right people at the right times can lift up communities, transform lives, mend relationships, break hearts—even topple empires.
      Quint Studer

Comment

Lol sounds very much like you're subject to SOX compliance too... damn them!

And yeah after seeing the clip it now makes more sense, the excitement surrounding the technology. It's truly pioneering stuff and that is one of the many things that impresses me greatly about the project. And I do think this will change things in terms of how people think about media. It's been going that way for a year now with the rise of downloaded shows etc, as far as I'm concerned the Sanctuary team are on the right track to not only taking advantage of the technology, but of making the current Internet trends and people's desire for on demand access to content the norm rather than the underground exception. So many elements of this project are exciting... it's just a thrill to be a part of it at this point

Also on the topic of downloads and rules of GW... if the content is declared open source by the owner (ie sanctuary) is it still subject to that rule?

Originally posted by MerRu View Post
        LOL!

I AM in IT!

That's how I know Gateworld will be blacklisted tomorrow, too, because I clicked PG15's link without reading it first. Fool that I am.

And it's how I know I have precisely as much hope of getting anything off the blacklist as I do of turning into the extreme clipper Snow Squall where I sit. Sites can be blacklisted by fiat from any one a group of "special administrative experts" (read: owners of the company, etc.) but they can only be removed from the blacklist by the vote of a majority of that group, and the basis of that vote, and the vote itself has to be documented, and the signatures kept on file, and the whole process is subject to outside audit, just like secured access to our financials is. Way, way, way over the top, if anyone asks me, not that anyone ever will.

So, I'll just have to read / view / participate in all things Sanctuary only from home from now on.

The video, however, is worth waiting for. The world of Sanctuary looks incredible! The rendered surfaces are truly impressive, and the integration of the live actors into the rendered world looks better in terms of the seamlessness of the lighting and color between the elements than the 'cutting edge' effects by prestigious houses that appeared in certain big-budget movies a decade ago did. This technology has really come of age! Wow!

To coin a phrase - Is it May yet????
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
          Ok then, here it is: Link!

Enjoy!
          Thanks!!

Loved the clips, the techno stuff - lasers sampling camera movement every 30th of a second? A pretty exacting science marrying camera motion to the virtual/ rendered world. Makes me want to learn more, see it in action. Pretty neat!!

And the daughter holds her own against 4 or 5 (? can't remember how many) abnormals - holy crud!

Originally posted by tsaxlady View Post
          N John Smith's interview with Slice of SciFi is know online - have not listened yet as I'm currently downloading the interview

http://www.sliceofscifi.com/

Stay tuned for the first episode to be released in April!
          STOP the presses, APRIL??

Must be a mistake... or not? I dunno.

Thanks for link, Tsaxlady!

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
          Here's a transcript for the Slice of SciFi podcast in two parts :

So!! When is the new trailer due out???
          Today? Tomorrow (whoops it's already tomorrow, must get some sleep)? or Friday????
          THANKS!!!

So, Helen was not accepted to med school? GRRRRR. I'm already upset with the Royal College of Physicians.

Limitless medical equipment/ technology/ labs/ anything with computer graphics - HOW COOL IS THAT!!! And what was that device Helen and Will were looking at??

Profit sharing with the crew!!! YAY for the Investment Team!!! How great to reward the crew for the imminent success of the show. And how cool that for the most part it is the old stargate crew! They worked so hard. YIPPEE!

Stunt casting - who do I want stunt casted? Teryl Rothery for one, I'll have to think of others.... hehe.

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
          You can download the AVI here.
          http://minigeek.net/sanctuary/sanctuary_dailyplanet.avi

It was a capture from cable (non HD) television onto my archos PMP - so it's not a perfect digital copy by any means. But it's decent enough to get a good clear view of what the broadcast looked like.

Thanks for link!

Must get time to MOOOOVE faster.

My curiosity level is becoming completely unmanageable........
          Last edited by tagger; 16 March 2007, 08:34 AM.
          Words have tremendous power. The right words spoken by the right people at the right times can lift up communities, transform lives, mend relationships, break hearts—even topple empires.
          Quint Studer

Comment

Originally posted by tagger View Post
            Thanks!!

STOP the presses, APRIL??

Must be a mistake... or not? I dunno.

Thanks for link, Tsaxlady!
            Yeah I saw that in the information about the interview. I think it will be May and April is a misquote. But who knows last week of April - first week of May?
            My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

I heard May too.. but I guess we'll find out. Either way it's not really that far away, but does seem like an eternity

Also fyi, we have the N John Smith interview audio & transcript streaming on www.sanctuaryfans.com now.

sigpic

Comment

some news http://www.gateworld.net/news/2007/0...nctuaryi.shtml

Canada's Daily Planet show this week gave fans the first look at Sanctuary, the new virtual show starring Amanda Tapping ("Samantha Carter"). The show is written and executive produced by SG-1's Damian Kindler, and directed by long-time Stargate director Martin Wood.
                https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Hey, cool, that be my youtube video they syndicated. I feel speeeeshall.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                  ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

I encourage you all to go take a look at the new addition to www.SanctuaryFans.com.

We were and still are thrilled and hope you all enjoy it!

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan View Post
                      I encourage you all to go take a look at the new addition to www.SanctuaryFans.com.

Great interview, good job you guys.

yay for sanctuaryfans.com
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan View Post

thanks ubersg-1fan

sig by starlover1990

Comment

Is there gonna be a way to watch this show on a tv instead of a computer monitor? I know you can't if you download from Itunes...but maybe something you can downlod from the website?
                          It feels good to be alive.
                          Cause i've been dead for so long.

Comment

Uber, Myrth, Shelly, what a fantastic interview - I love how candid and REAL it was. So *not* "on-message" driven. So down to earth. You guys are awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by tagger View Post
                              Flocks of words flying overhead.....

I'm clueless, that is the only thing that skeeers me about Sanctuary - my average computer savvy.

*whimpers* Oh, and the abnormals are a little creepy - do all genetic mutations imply demonesque creatures? But I can handle it, I still can't wait.
                              Yeah, it's a concern of mine, too. I hope they strike a balance between catering to the minigeeks, oobers, and Myrths of the world and the not-so-computer savvy people like you and me, tagger. If it gets too complicated, they'll scare a certain percentage of people away. While sci-fi fans in general are probably a lot more tech smart than the average population, you can see from the boards here at GW that there are still a lot of people who would probably watch the show, but aren't necessarily up-to-date on the latest stuff.

I think they have to generate excitement by being cutting edge; it's absolutely necessary for their success; but I also hope that they'll make it very accessible to idiots like myself who require clear instructions for even simple things and don't always have the latest hardware and software installed on their computers. You know, my home computer is easily 10+ years old, and I haven't done many upgrades.

I think it would be very easy to get caught up in the geeky joy of it all and forget that there are other people out there who just want to watch a good, innovative show. Although "show" almost sounds like a misnomer now. It's going to be more of an "experience," I think. The Sanctuary experience.

Does that make us early Sanctuarians, do you suppose?

My LJ

Comment

New BLOG Entry!
                                http://sanctuaryforall.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X