Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sanctuary Discussion (Spoilers for the most recent episode)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If anyone is looking for a ticket to the NY event check out the Sam thread.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by parsifal View Post
      On a related note of NBCU synergy, I saw a commercial on CNBC for Sanctuary.
      Even more synergy, NBC just showed a quick promo for Sanctuary during the Life season 2 premiere.

It's a little weird considering both shows will be airing in the same time slot (Life is moving to Fri 10pm), but it's great to see wider exposure for Sanctuary outside of the SciFi channel.

sigpic

Comment

i saw it during heroes too
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Wow they seem to be doing quite a bit to advertise Sanctuary, glad to see there are ads on other NBC channels.

Also Amanda and co have been extremely busy with interviews etc and here are a few new ones :

from Fancast: Inside TV - an interview with Amanda http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....&postcount=174
          from Movie Entertainment an interview with Amanda and two podcasts. One with Amanda and one with Martin http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....&postcount=175

And if you check the Reviews and Articles thread you'll find other new articles that Morjana, Prion and Parsifal have tracked down. It's been a VERY active thread lately.

<added>
          fixed the links
          Last edited by RealmOfX; 29 September 2008, 09:21 PM.
          -

Comment

Originally posted by morjana View Post
            Just fyi, I noticed that the premiere of Sanctuary will also air on the US cable Bravo network, Monday Oct. 6 from 10am to Noon.
            are you serious?

(that's a pretty respected network, if i'm remembering right)

sally
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
              are you serious?

(that's a pretty respected network, if i'm remembering right)

sally
              Alright, that's great, more good news .

Comment

wouldn't it be neat to see the wraith on sanctuary?
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                  wouldn't it be neat to see the wraith on sanctuary?
                  Oh better, RDA on Sanctuary .

Comment

Another Sanctuary commercial spotting on NBC! This time during Conan tonight! I don't think I have ever seen an obvious SciFi ad on regular TV before. Good for them!
                    sigpic

Comment

they have advertised BSG on nbc before

and bravo is part of the NBC family.

NBC obviously is willing to pimp the show a lot, which is good
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

In a lot of interviews I read, Amanda says something like this:

"There’s an episode called Requiem which for me personally was the bravest work I’ve ever done as an actor. I don’t think I would’ve been able to do that had I not felt so safe."

Do we know what she means??
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post

"There’s an episode called Requiem which for me personally was the bravest work I’ve ever done as an actor. I don’t think I would’ve been able to do that had I not felt so safe."

It could be many things.

Do you know what the premise of the episode is?

Spoiler:

"We recently shot an episode called "Requiem" where it was just me and Robin stuck in a submarine," notes the actress. "It might sound like "Grace Under Pressure" from [season two] of Stargate Atlantis, but it's so not that. If you watch the opening teaser you're not sure who's gone crazy, Helen or Will. For me, and I think I can speak for Robin, too, it was the bravest, scariest work I've ever done as an actor, and I did a lot of great stuff on Stargate. This was a very physical and emotional story. Consequently, I'm totally exhausted right now, we were wet for a good part of the episode; I spent from eight in the morning until 10:30 at night soaked to the skin, which
                          after a while starts to get uncomfortable. At the end of the day, though, it was like, `Wow, we just pulled off something pretty neat...we hope," says Tapping with a smile.

It could be several things..."pushing the envelope" with her acting range; pushing herself on what sounds like a very demanding role, both physically and emotionally...

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                          SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                          Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post

Tastefully done nude scenes? He asked, hopefully?
                            sigpic
                            Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                            To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                            And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by morjana View Post
                              It could be many things.

Do you know what the premise of the episode is?

Spoiler:

"We recently shot an episode called "Requiem" where it was just me and Robin stuck in a submarine," notes the actress. "It might sound like "Grace Under Pressure" from [season two] of Stargate Atlantis, but it's so not that. If you watch the opening teaser you're not sure who's gone crazy, Helen or Will. For me, and I think I can speak for Robin, too, it was the bravest, scariest work I've ever done as an actor, and I did a lot of great stuff on Stargate. This was a very physical and emotional story. Consequently, I'm totally exhausted right now, we were wet for a good part of the episode; I spent from eight in the morning until 10:30 at night soaked to the skin, which
                              after a while starts to get uncomfortable. At the end of the day, though, it was like, `Wow, we just pulled off something pretty neat...we hope," says Tapping with a smile.

It could be several things..."pushing the envelope" with her acting range; pushing herself on what sounds like a very demanding role, both physically and emotionally...

Yeah, I read that somewhere. Probably both of what you said. But the word "brave" is just confusing I guess. It made me think of Trio, and her fear of heights.

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                              Hehe. You wish

Another question. How long are the eps going to be??
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post

THIS JUST IN: Sanctuary has been moved to Showtime in the US.

Comment

Working...
                                X