Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sanctuary Discussion (Spoilers for the most recent episode)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
    You say that like it's a bad thing. I thought those were our positive traits.
    And indeed they are!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
      and also, ashley isn't long lived. Helen WILL see her daughter die of old age. so, she might see her pregnancy as the ultimate selfishness...she couldn't stand to be alone any more, yet that companionship comes at the price of seeing her child die
      *cries* I need a drink from that cabinet now

*pets Sam the cat*

OK, that also helped

Originally posted by tagger View Post
      We're still building our Sanctuary Home away from Home Home. We do have an enormous kitchen which keeps getting larger by the day as we add everyone's favorites to fridge, freezer, liquor cabinet, the International Chocolate cabinet with real, goumet chocolate from around the world, a fresh Bakery corner with cranberry scones, Stroopwafels, Poffertjes, ethnic cookies, cakes and pies to die for. There's a huge room off from the even larger livingroom with the gigantic Plasma TV that has a lovely wood burning fireplace with chairs, couches, sofas and pillows everywhere just for hanging out with fellow Samandans. We have ramps and wide doorways to meet the needs of everyone. I don't know if we have gutters yet, depends on if we want them for jumping into or not. The Liquor Cabinet used to have keys but they seem to have disappeared, or have been stolen, or have been hidden. Someone is grinning out there aren't you! We even have our own local and well known Trollop, not to mention, the cat, too. So, as you can see we have been hard at work getting the place ready for October 3; only 38 days away. But kinda keep that under your hat because part of the Sanctuary World can't get it on TV and they're a little touchy about that. So, please feel free to jump right in and help make our Sanctuary Home -away -from -Home Home.
      Hehe, it's getting bigger and bigger

they also never explained how helen, with 19th century technology, managed to successfully freeze an embryo and then implant it...in vitro is not fool proof, and i seem to think that its' success rate is 50/50 at best, and that's with current tech. This wasn't even possible until a few decades ago, much less 20ish years
      With current tech, freezing and implanting after that have very low succesrates. So yeah, I wonder if they're going to explain that or leave it be.

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan View Post
      Last night during Eureka a longer Sanctuary commercial came on ... It was essentially the first commercial with more scenes.
      Spoiler:
      NEW SCENES Big Foot was handing Will a cup tea... Will, fully clothed, seemed rather surprised by his appearance.... Alexi is in the streets with a someone riding a motorcycle behind him. OLD SCENES this time the crypt shootout scene was included, Helen's reunion with John (John was just out of camera range), Ashley loading a rifle, there were a few more scattered throughout oh Helen, Will and Ashley.
      I'm sure you will see it a few more times... they showed it twice last night.
      Lol, important detail ... I might not have recognized him
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mary-Jane View Post
        Mmmm Reese. Had a white chocolate Reese yesterday. I think my heart literally stopped beating for a second it was that naughty...
        When i first saw them I thought "Gross!" Turns out I like them better than the chocolate ones. Though that couls be because the chocolate ones are so waxy... and no longer taste like chocolate. Meh. I eat 'em for the peanut butter anyway.

For those that like Reese's - assuming your area gets it try Turkey Hill chocolate ice cream with PB swirl. I had to stop buying it because it would last 2 days. Yum...

suse
        sigpic
        Mourning Sanctuary.
        Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by Bekah See View Post
          naughty or nasty? reese's pieces rock, but white chocolate is blah! only MO of course!

<snip>
          My absolute favorite junk foods are Chocolate Oreos and Peanut Butter M&M's. I'm infamous for them with my friends.
          I like peanut butter M&Ms better than Reese's Pieces. Better peanut butter.

suse
          sigpic
          Mourning Sanctuary.
          Thanks for the good times!

Comment

You know, we have no chocolate with peanutbutter over here. It just doesn't excist. I really really liked them at the AT3 chocolate tasting though. Yummie!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
              You know, we have no chocolate with peanutbutter over here. It just doesn't excist. I really really liked them at the AT3 chocolate tasting though. Yummie!
              Don't you guys get that Nutella stuff? The hazelnut chocolate spread?

'Tis most flavoursome.
              sigpic
              Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
              To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
              And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post

'Tis most flavoursome.
                O yeah, we have Nutella. I like chocoate spread We just don't have any chocolate/peanutbuttercombinations.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                  *wonders if Bekah is allergic to cats?...Pets Sam the cat before commencing arm wrestling*
                  A nice thought, but no, I'm not allergic to cats. Or dogs or guinea pigs or anything else. So you're gonna have to TRY to beat me fair and square. Mwaaahhhahahahaha!

a minor thought. does anyone actually HAVE the keys we're arm wrestling for???

on the choco/peanut butter note, i have a girlfriend who used to put peanut butter and chocolate chips in the microwave and melt them then eat it with crackers or something. salty and sweet. yummy! and very very naughty!
                  sigpic

"The men cheered! The women fainted! The children waved multi-colored flags!" -Amanda Tapping

SG-1 FanFiction
                  Sanctuary Fanfiction

Comment

Has anyone been paying attention to my posts?

I have the keys.

Comment

Nah, you have the decoy set.

*pats Amanda*
                      Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by antoa View Post

I have the keys.
                        Originally posted by NZNeep View Post

*pats Amanda*
                        Yeah, see all the pretty colors on them? Those are the plastic ones we gave you to keep you happy.

Maybe Sam ate the keys. *Eyes the cat consideringly*
                        sigpic

"The men cheered! The women fainted! The children waved multi-colored flags!" -Amanda Tapping

SG-1 FanFiction
                        Sanctuary Fanfiction

Comment

'Tis most flavoursome.
                          GOD that stuff is divine! I had it for the first time at my friend's apartment in Zagreb, Croatia. YUM! It was spread on a pancake. GUH

O yeah, we have Nutella. I like chocoate spread We just don't have any chocolate/peanutbuttercombinations.
                          That's just...criminal...

Yeah, see all the pretty colors on them? Those are the plastic ones we gave you to keep you happy.

Maybe Sam ate the keys. *Eyes the cat consideringly*
                          ROTFLMAO

I have NO idea where this conversation stemmed from...er...from whence this conversation stemmed *preens, RDA style*...

I am certainly not going back a week to figure it out. I was internet-less at Gatecon.

Yet...not Amanda-less...

Therefore I shall not be upset by that.

SANCTUARY in 37 days!

And ooh...look...on topic!

*flails*
                          Jenni

Comment

Originally posted by LilFerret View Post
                            ROTFLMAO

I have NO idea where this conversation stemmed from...er...from whence this conversation stemmed *preens, RDA style*...

I am certainly not going back a week to figure it out. I was internet-less at Gatecon.

Yet...not Amanda-less...

Therefore I shall not be upset by that.

SANCTUARY in 37 days!

And ooh...look...on topic!

*flails*

Oh My Gosh I'm so flippin' jealous I'm turning green! I swear one of these days I WILL go to a con! I've only ever been to one, and it was for star trek when I was a kid. oh, and then there was the 30th anniversary black tie event i won tickets to and got to meet almost all the people from all 4 ST shows, but I'd really really REALLY like to meet RDA and AT!!!!!

Oh, and we're trying to find the keys to the liquor cabinet so that mandy and i can arm wrestle for them. or was that mud wrestle?
                            sigpic

SG-1 FanFiction
                            Sanctuary Fanfiction

Comment

<snip>
                              they also never explained how helen, with 19th century technology, managed to successfully freeze an embryo and then implant it...in vitro is not fool proof, and i seem to think that its' success rate is 50/50 at best, and that's with current tech. This wasn't even possible until a few decades ago, much less 20ish years
                              <snip>
                              With current tech, freezing and implanting after that have very low succesrates. So yeah, I wonder if they're going to explain that or leave it be.
                              I think that they won't explain it, remember that the series is supposed to be like League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, Captain Nemo etc where the tech simply exists and it is taken for granted that it works. Our Victorian England was not technologically advanced but in the steam punk style genre it is so people need to do a bit of mind altering when watching.

So has anyone found the keys to the liquor cabinet yet?

Originally posted by suse View Post
                              I like peanut butter M&Ms better than Reese's Pieces. Better peanut butter.

suse
                              We don't have them here but I would like to try them, sounds yummy.

'Tis most flavoursome.
                              Oh yeah! I often use it as a filling when I make chocolates for the family (usually for Easter or Christmas)

Originally posted by antoa View Post

I have the keys.
                              Originally posted by NZNeep View Post

*pats Amanda*
                              No worries, I have removed the door to the cabinet they are no longer required - the BAR's OPEN!!

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan View Post
                              Last night during Eureka a longer Sanctuary commercial came on ... It was essentially the first commercial with more scenes.
                              Spoiler:
                              NEW SCENES Big Foot was handing Will a cup tea... Will, fully clothed, seemed rather surprised by his appearance.... Alexi is in the streets with a someone riding a motorcycle behind him. OLD SCENES this time the crypt shootout scene was included, Helen's reunion with John (John was just out of camera range), Ashley loading a rifle, there were a few more scattered throughout oh Helen, Will and Ashley.
                              I'm sure you will see it a few more times... they showed it twice last night.
                              *waits impatiently for someone to record it and put on YouTube*
                              -

Comment

Oh My Gosh I'm so flippin' jealous I'm turning green! I swear one of these days I WILL go to a con! I've only ever been to one, and it was for star trek when I was a kid. oh, and then there was the 30th anniversary black tie event i won tickets to and got to meet almost all the people from all 4 ST shows, but I'd really really REALLY like to meet RDA and AT!!!!!

Oh, and we're trying to find the keys to the liquor cabinet so that mandy and i can arm wrestle for them. or was that mud wrestle?
                                NO WAY!!!!

First there'd be too many people enjoying it....and that's not what we are here for

Second....Mandy and mud, don't mix

Third...who'd clean up the mess afterward
                                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Working...
                                X