Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sanctuary Discussion (Spoilers for the most recent episode)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bekah See View Post
    Oh, me me me!! *snickers wickedly*
    You'll have to find them first. *snicker*

Comment

yes, US chocolate sucks.

but this does bring up a potential helen quirk...she's 150+ years old and - presumably - has lived all over the world...wouldn't you expect her to have very eclectic dietary tastes as well as clothing????
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
        yes, US chocolate sucks.

but this does bring up a potential helen quirk...she's 150+ years old and - presumably - has lived all over the world...wouldn't you expect her to have very eclectic dietary tastes as well as clothing????
        Not all US chocolate sucks, just the mass market stuff like Hershey's and Nestles and such.

I happen to be a huge fan of See chocolate.

Comment

Y'know, if you lot are this giggly when you're stone cold sober, then I'm not really sure I want to know what you're like when you've had a few...
          sigpic
          Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
          To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
          And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by antoa View Post
            Not all US chocolate sucks, just the mass market stuff like Hershey's and Nestles and such.

Mmmmmmm, See's dark chocolate covered cherries are the bomb! Yes, See's is good. But it's one of the very few.

*goes and searches in the gutter for the liquor cabinet keys*
            sigpic

"The men cheered! The women fainted! The children waved multi-colored flags!" -Amanda Tapping

SG-1 FanFiction
            Sanctuary Fanfiction

Comment

So this is where everyone has been hiding out - oohh chocolate and alcohol - count me in! - someone find those keys quick......

Comment

Originally posted by Edb View Post
                So soon?????????????????? Maybe we should give them to Sam, the cat.
                We have a pet cat?
                I wouldn't trust a cat with keys...
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                  Did I hear scones?
                  Oh yay for scones!!! Mum (or rather mum in law) makes the best scones in the Milky Way!! Is now hungry for scones!
                  Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
                  Hehe ... I'm feeling right at home here already But I'll bring stroopwafels just in case.
                  Oh, and my cat. I think we need a big furry cat. Who sleeps in front of that fireplace.
                  Mmmm...stroopwaffles!! And poffertjes!! Can someone bring the poffertjes???
                  Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                  Might I suggest Kopparberg cider?
                  It comes in three flavours - apple (which is quite nice), pear (which is very nice and get one tiddly from the toes up), and mixed fruit (which is very very nice and tastes like Vimto).
                  Not that I'm trying to get any of you ladies drunk and have my wicked way with you or anything...
                  Yeah yeah...sure you are!!!
                  Is that like schnapps??
                  Hubby just cooked up some Goccia D'Ora last night...house smells like a brewery!!
                  Originally posted by Edb View Post
                  Wonderful planning.....both the refrigeration and the space. Now, who has the keys?????????
                  Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
                  Now.... in Samanda, I keep the keys. But seeing as I've already got a job as the local harlot in Sanctuary fandom, I think that this liquor cabinet might need a slightly more.... honourable and trustworthy... guardian.
                  Do we really need to lock the cabinet???
                  BTW, I hope we've got a freezer as well as a fridge. Cos if you want your drinks to be really cold, you stick them in the freezer for half an hour or so before you drink them.
                  Just don't forget to take it out...hubby put some beer in the freezer last summer and forgot about it...during the wee hours of the morning there was an almighty bang in the kitchen...found the freezer door open and beer and glass everywhere!!!
                  Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                  Absolutely!! And I hope that they show that in the episodes.
                  Originally posted by Kef1 View Post
                  So this is where everyone has been hiding out - oohh chocolate and alcohol - count me in! - someone find those keys quick......
                  Hey kef!!! Welcome to GW and to the Sanctuary thread!!!
                  "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                  Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                  ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                    Mmmm...stroopwaffles!! And poffertjes!! Can someone bring the poffertjes???
                    Oh.....my............god..............yes!!!!! Suddenly craving maple syrup.....
                    I literally just drooled onto my desk...........
                    sigpic

Comment

We're lucky down here in OZ...we get a lot of foods from all over the world...being a cultural melting pot has it's advantages!
                      At the local Safeway store, there is a little section there with Dutch food...so tempting!!! And then we have our deli's with the German foods! Mmmmm...continental frankfurts and pfeffernusse!!
                      "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Any sign of them keys yet? No?

Right then, who's got the lockpicks?
                        sigpic
                        Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                        To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                        And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

My sister and her bfried go to the US on business quite a lot and I always ask them to bring me back Baby Ruths (sp?). They are nice!
                          sigpic

Comment

Y'know, if you lot are this giggly when you're stone cold sober, then I'm not really sure I want to know what you're like when you've had a few...

We're not giggly.............we're just..........happy............ a lot. And you ask what we're like when we've had a few..............what??????????

cups of tea....Stroopwafels...Poffertjes...See's chocolate....Vimto....Pfeffernusse...cranberry scones...................
                            Armed with all this sweet and tasty stuff we're downright hysterically dangerous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mary-Jane View Post
                              We have a pet cat?
                              I wouldn't trust a cat with keys...

Hi Mary-Jane,
                              Did you say that you wouldn't trust a cat with keys of fleas??????????

Comment

Ummmmm... isn't that exactly what happened? As soon as someone tracy saw the blurb on Facebook, she copied and pasted it not only here on GW, but also on the sanctuaryfans forum.

Unless you want Damian to do that himself? That would involve him signing onto a completely different site (two if you want the info at GW). But what's the difference if he does it or one of the fans does, you still get the information either way.
                                Good point.

Thanks to all those who are posting for the internet paranoid such as myself.

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
                                For those that don't want to join Facebook here's the Sanctuary/work related bits from Damian's mini-feed on Facebook. It's spoilered for length and where there is a possible cryptic spoiler about Sanctuary I've spoilered it again for those that want to stay spoiler free.
                                Thanks RoX!!

Lots of enticing mini-spoilers!

Originally posted by morjana View Post
                                Looking forward to Oct. 3rd!

Morjana
                                Thanks for all your news and links, as always!!

October 3rd is LOOMING ever closer. CREEPING around the corner. SNEAKING up on us.

(Getting in a Sanctuary frame of mind... )

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                                Just a little something that I made...had heaps of fun but boy was it a time consuming labour of love!!!
                                Hope you guys like!!

Hey Hey Helen
                                Great work! This is a virtual green, since I'm out!

Originally posted by morjana View Post
                                Sanctuary - Slice of SciFi: NEW Poll week Aug 24 '08:

From Slice of SciFi:

(Please follow the link to respond to the poll.)

Slice of SciFi Weekly Poll — Which SF Show Creator Will Get an Emmy Nod for 2008-2009?

Based on previews, teasers and early press reports, which of the listed creators or showrunners is most likely to get an Emmy nod for their new 2008-2009 SF-related television series?

* JJ Abrams - Fringe (Fox)
                                * Michael Arno - The Listener (NBC)
                                * Allan Ball - True Blood (HBO)
                                * Justin Bodle - Crusoe (NBC)
                                * Jerry Bruckheimer - Eleventh Hour (CBS)
                                * Michael Green - Kings (NBC)
                                * Bruno Heller - The Mentalist (CBS)
                                * Julian Jones - Merlin (NBC)
                                * Damian Kindler - Sanctuary (SCI FI)
                                * Ronald D. Moore - Caprica (SCI FI)
                                * Ronald D. Moore - Virtuality (Fox)
                                * Kevin Murphy - Valentine (CW)
                                * Scott Rosenberg, Andre Nemec, Josh Appelbaum & David E. Kelley - Life on Mars (ABC)
                                * Steve Shill - Knight Rider (NBC)
                                * Jason Smilovic - My Own Worst Enemy (NBC)
                                * Joss Whedon - Dollhouse (Fox)
                                * I don't think any will be nominated. The Academy of Television Arts & Sciences still isn't saavy enough to allow a nomination of any category outside of specialty awards for SF programming.
                                How cool is that!!! He deserves it for the innovation and forward-thinking S3M
                                has with Sanctuary.
                                Last edited by tagger; 26 August 2008, 09:47 AM.
                                Words have tremendous power. The right words spoken by the right people at the right times can lift up communities, transform lives, mend relationships, break hearts—even topple empires.
                                Quint Studer

Comment

Working...
                                X