Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sanctuary Discussion (Spoilers for the most recent episode)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't believe that fanfiction is starting already. Talk about a little fast.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
      Guess what? I found SANCTUARY fanfiction! I think it might be the very first, ever!

http://celievamp.livejournal.com/138063.html

Ta!
      geek
      Oh, wow! Thanks!

I knew there would be fanfic before the series even started!

Comment

Originally posted by Gate gal View Post
        Oh, wow! Thanks!

I knew there would be fanfic before the series even started!
        The enthusiasm is wonderful to see, but, how can you write fic when the characters haven't even been established. IE: Damian said he is going to utilize Amanda's humor and comedic talent more, but will Helen's humor be dry (like Jack O'Neill) or more direct (like Vala)?

Must say though, it will be interesting to see how close the authors come to canon. Maybe they really are psychic fic writers.
        Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
        William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
        Anon

Comment

Is this a record or something? FanFic from a series that's still in production and won't officially air for a couple of months?
          sigpic
          Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
          To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
          And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
            I can't believe that fanfiction is starting already. Talk about a little fast.
            I thought so too, but I checked it out last night, and it's interesting. The interpretation of the author is such that there's enough room for it to be accurate. And, if not, we can consider it an AU fic.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post
              I thought so too, but I checked it out last night, and it's interesting. The interpretation of the author is such that there's enough room for it to be accurate. And, if not, we can consider it an AU fic.
              Well, like I said in my previous post - this has to be a record of some kind. Sanctuary's first fanfic, and it's an AU story to boot.

Now, does anyone have the phone number of the Guinness Book of World Records?
              sigpic
              Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
              To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
              And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Make sure you check out sanctuaryforall in the next day or so there will be new stuff to download.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by me@sanctuary View Post
                  Make sure you check out sanctuaryforall in the next day or so there will be new stuff to download.
                  Thanks for the heads up

*rubs hands with glee*
                  -

Comment

Thanks! I'll keep an eye on it.
                    sigpic
                    My LJ & Fics * Proud Member of W.A.S.P. * Pay It Forward

Comment

The Sanctuary site has been updated!!

There is now a Downloads section

There's some cool new icons, a wallpaper in various sizes and mp3's
                      -

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
                        The Sanctuary site has been updated!!

There is now a Downloads section

There's some cool new icons, a wallpaper in various sizes and mp3's
                        Sweeeet!

I just took a look also!

YAY!!

*March, April, May.......*
                        Words have tremendous power. The right words spoken by the right people at the right times can lift up communities, transform lives, mend relationships, break hearts—even topple empires.
                        Quint Studer

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                          Is this a record or something? FanFic from a series that's still in production and won't officially air for a couple of months?
                          Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post

The author definitely relies heavily on the history of the time period to tell her story. As a result, I think there's a pretty decent chance that she's written something that won't be too jarringly out of context once the series starts. The part I think will prove problematic in the end is

Spoiler:
                          that Jack is living in her family's home.

I think it's pretty cool that the writer was willing to give it a shot.
                          sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
                          May we all be so well loved.

Comment

Wallpaper, IM Icons, Music...
                            http://www.sanctuaryforall.com/artdownload.html

Sweet.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                            ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Thanks for all the links guys!

Would it be woefully inappropriate for me to abandon work and run home justso I can ogle over all the new Sanctuary goodies?

I'm just sayin'
                              sigpic

Comment

I'm sure this is asking a lot, but is there any chance of getting the photos used for the icons released as hi-res downloads like the ones in the press kit?!?! Especially the first one with Amanda and the cast shot?!

Pretty please with a cherry on top?

Thanks so much for everything that you have been releasing to the fans. It's immensely appreciated!!

Comment

Working...
                                X