Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sanctuary Discussion (Spoilers for the most recent episode)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Strix varia View Post
    Demonstrating, of course, that Damian's mom is very interested.

I think the interest is spreading, though, as word gets out. There's an active LJ community with 112 people watching it, and a blog feed. Maybe that doesn't constitute a legion of fans, but it's a start.
    Wow. It's the power of online media and grassroots fandom. It is a start and I daresay the tip of a very large iceberg.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

I wonder if they will be doing a trailer and if so how soon. The teaser is good, but something like a movie trailer to tell us a bit about Sanctuary and get a "feel" for it would be really good. Good advertising too - put it on IMDB and YouTube and watch it go!!
      -

Comment

Originally posted by me@sanctuary View Post
        Thought you all might be interested to know that sanctuaryforall.com has had over a million hits.

pretty cool huh?
        YIPPEEEE!!!!

GO TEAM SANCTUARY!!!

Words have tremendous power. The right words spoken by the right people at the right times can lift up communities, transform lives, mend relationships, break hearts—even topple empires.
        Quint Studer

Comment

Rock on!

Comment

Hey guys, I get to make my 800th post in the Sanctuary forum! How awesome is that! I am so, ridiculously pumped about this show!! Yay, Sanctuary!

Comment

Originally posted by Goddess View Post
              Hey guys, I get to make my 800th post in the Sanctuary forum! How awesome is that! I am so, ridiculously pumped about this show!! Yay, Sanctuary!
              Congrats on 800 posts.
              sigpic
              My LJ & Fics * Proud Member of W.A.S.P. * Pay It Forward

Comment

Originally posted by Lauriel View Post
                Congrats on 800 posts.

Yeah CONGRATULATIONS
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lauriel View Post
                  Congrats on 800 posts.
                  Yeah CONGRATULATIONS
                  Thank you!

Comment

All kidding aside, I know I've got a pretty sarcastic sense of humour, but I really have a feeling SANCTUARY is going to take off running. The premise is outstanding, the cast is fantastic, the producers are upbeat, having fun and already interacting with fans. There's so much positive energy surrounding the entire production, it's infectious as well as exciting. I've been jaded for a while about the 'entertainment industry' and its rather shallow executive gene pool. A project like this that actually has LEGS? Just boggles the mind. Those guys ROCK. Every one of 'em.

PS-> Congrats on 800, Goddess. 1200 more and you can make your own Stargate bobble-head, I mean-avatar... yeah.

minigeek
                    (The (rather sad) truth is that I can say things like this here, secure in the knowledge that my many and sundry bosses will never read these boards, ergo I shall not end up jobless in a cardboard computer cut-out at the side of the street... with my equally jobless, yet undeniably adorable pugs. )
                    Last edited by minigeek; 22 February 2007, 07:46 PM.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                    ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
                      All kidding aside, I know I've got a pretty sarcastic sense of humour
                      *raises eyebrow*

I'm kinda repeating myself because I know I said it elsewhere, but, when SG1 was cancelled (on my birthday ) I was gutted. I know many still say they had it coming anyway, but I wasn't a GW member then, I had only scratched the surface of show politics and at the time I was "just a fan". One of my first reactions to Sg1's demise was that there would be no more new Sam Carter episodes post season 10. Another one of them *might* have been that they better resolve my ship before then but that's another story. *ducks from flying fruit*

But now out of the ashes of one, rises another, and another, and another. Two movies! 14 SGA eps! And a brand, spanking new series! Right now I don't think it's possible for me to ask for more.

FCOL is it May yet?
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GateGirl422 View Post
                        But now out of the ashes of one, rises another, and another, and another. Two movies! 14 SGA eps! And a brand, spanking new series! Right now I don't think it's possible for me to ask for more.

FCOL is it May yet?
                        I keep thinking we Sam/AT fans are well lucky
                        scarimor

Comment

Thought you all might be interested to know that sanctuaryforall.com has had over a million hits.

pretty cool huh?
                          That rocks! When you add that to the excitement all over GW and the over 1000 posts and 100 members at the new Sanctuary forum then I think you get success.
                          http://forum.sanctuaryfans.com/

Wow, I wonder how many hits it will have by May.

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan View Post
                          Wow. It's the power of online media and grassroots fandom. It is a start and I daresay the tip of a very large iceberg.

So you want to start a revolution....Well, well, you know we all want to change the world...
                          (Hubby, really wishes I'd either learn the rest of the song or shut up. I blame this grassroots revolution.)

Originally posted by GateGirl422 View Post
                          *raises eyebrow*

I'm kinda repeating myself because I know I said it elsewhere, but, when SG1 was cancelled (on my birthday ) I was gutted. I know many still say they had it coming anyway, but I wasn't a GW member then, I had only scratched the surface of show politics and at the time I was "just a fan". One of my first reactions to Sg1's demise was that there would be no more new Sam Carter episodes post season 10. Another one of them *might* have been that they better resolve my ship before then but that's another story. *ducks from flying fruit*

FCOL is it May yet?
                          See, for us in the states it was still MandySG1's birthday. I felt really bad for her. Come on, what a birthday gift! Cancelling your favorite show...Not cool. We were just coming down from the 200 high, and we were faced with the possiblity that we might not get to see much Amanda on screen any more. She could have just as easily chosen to do theatre again. Instead, we get to be part of a multimedia revolution. This really rocks! I absolutely can't wait to see the premiere!

Oh, people at Sanctuary, my birthday is May 2nd. That would be a great day to premiere it. I'm just sayin'...
                          Last edited by Gate gal; 23 February 2007, 09:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
                            ...I know I've got a pretty sarcastic sense of humour...
                            No! Say it isn't so.

I wonder when someone will start offering Santuary items at Cafe Press, and how touchy they'll be about copyright issues.

I hope that if the show does fly, when it comes time for the first Sanctuary convention (how's that for looking ahead? ), that they won't sell their souls to a certain overbearing, overpriced company with a reputation for horrible customer service. Let it be run by a fan-based group.

My LJ

Comment

Not sure if someone posted this here before, but Stage 3 Media has uploaded images on their website in the Press Kit. Some are new, some we've already seen.
                              Enjoy!

Edit: Fixed the broken link, thanks sgeureka!! Weird, it was working when I originally posted it.
                              Last edited by Dani76; 23 February 2007, 01:40 PM. Reason: Fixed broken link

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

There's an interesting notion - what kind of Sanctuary merchandise would you guys like to see?
                                sigpic
                                Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                                To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                                And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Working...
                                X