Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sanctuary Discussion (Spoilers for the most recent episode)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
    .... uh..... i think i just
    Spoiler:
    had an orgasm.

i think i could handle this guest star!!!

sally *drooling*
    LOL Sally!

That would be so awesome if RDA guest starred though. I love seeing him in anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Melora View Post
      Hey everyone,

The more I hear about this series, the more excited I get. I am very much looking forward to seeing the first few episodes. I have a feeling this series is going to be quite addictive.

I found some interesting news, although I'm not sure how accurate it is. Damian Kindler mentioned on his blog that he and Amanda did a interview with a radio show called "Slice of SciFi," which is supposed to air next month. I checked out their website and they have a nice little article on the series. The article didn't have anything new but in the comments, someone associated with the radio show mentioned this little tidbit (spoilers just in case):
      Spoiler:

"Tapping also indicated that the show may get a visit from her former Stargate SG-1 C.O. Richard Dean Anderson."
      http://www.sliceofscifi.com/2007/02/...uary/#comments

I have a feeling this is just a possibility that would depend on many factors, but I thought some SG1 fans might get a kick out of it.
      Sorry to burst anyone's bubble, but I wouldn't get too excited about that quote. It was actually taken from the interview Amanda did on Urban Rush not Slice of Scifi and she was refering to RDA possibily being in the second Stargate movie not the new Sanctuary series.

As much as I would enjoy seeing RDA on the series, we all know how the rumor mill works so I figured I'd nip it in the bud quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
        Interesting- I won't pay for it on the internet, but if I like the first four I'd definitly get the DVD.
        I guess I'm goofy. I'll pay for it on internet then if I like it I'll watch it on t.v. and buy the DVDs.

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia View Post
          Also, I got this reply from Dan Woodland in response to a question about format:

I am a big podcast fan and agree with your assessment. Flexibility is key, whether you want to watch it on a mobile device, burn it to DVD or take it with you on your laptop. We don't want to restrict use. The plan is to support RSS 2.0 feeds.
          Originally posted by SG1Poz View Post
          Just returned from Physical therapy and found more answers to our questions in my mailbox:

"Dan Woodland (Sanctuary)" <[email protected]> wrote:
          We have not released any info about fees and costs but rest assured
          it will be competitively priced.Yes, we will also sell subscriptions. We will be releasing the shows online as quickly as we can make them. It will be available on DVD & TV after the fact. The format of the DVD's & TV show will be
          different to meet those requirements.

Dan Woodland
          [email protected]
          Great info, everyone. YAY! Flexibility.

Originally posted by Gate gal View Post
          I guess I'm goofy. I'll pay for it on internet then if I like it I'll watch it on t.v. and buy the DVDs.
          Me three. Except for the TV part, I hardly watch TV anymore and gave up on the 4.3 billion satellite channels - it was VAST, but still, an unpopulated, dry, entless wasteland.

I like the flexibility of downloading and watching at my convenience.

I like the whole interactive idea even though I do not fully understand it yet.

I like the interactivity we have had with the creative team thus far.

I like the creative team and the actors.

THEREFORE, since it feels like I am cheering for my friends, I would very much like it if the show was an incomprehensibly huge success!!!

Would someone speed up the rotation of the earth, please, just for 2.73 more synodic lunar months?!
          Last edited by tagger; 20 February 2007, 07:34 AM.
          Words have tremendous power. The right words spoken by the right people at the right times can lift up communities, transform lives, mend relationships, break hearts—even topple empires.
          Quint Studer

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
            Yes. And it will be written by these gentlemen right here:
            LOL!

The fanfic PTB.

The Fictroopers.

I'm out, I got nuthin' more...
            Words have tremendous power. The right words spoken by the right people at the right times can lift up communities, transform lives, mend relationships, break hearts—even topple empires.
            Quint Studer

Comment

Originally posted by tagger View Post
              LOL!

The fanfic PTB.

The Fictroopers.

I'm out, I got nuthin' more...
              You crack me up!

Comment

Someone had expressed a concern about episodes expiring after they were downloaded. Here is the answer from Dan "The Man" Woodland.

There is NO WAY that webisodes will expire. Once you pay for it, it is yours for as long as you want. I have had a few e-mails about gift cards and the ability to buy episodes to burn for friends/family. This is a really interesting request that we will seriously consider. Keep all the great ideas coming...

Dan Woodland
                [email protected]
                Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
                William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
                Anon

Comment

getting more and more exited as i read .. sent my request, waiting for answer ... got also 5 more people to join beta (at least).

and now RDA also? wow, this might be kicka** show ...
                  not to mention i like their attitude on owning what you paid for ... i just hope they don't lock out other countries from buying the show (like iTunes) ...
                  VISIT AND JOIN

Comment

Hi Everyone,

I just found this thread, I know I know, I'm so slow lol.
                    I joined the Sanctuary Team yesterday got my e-mail from Damian Kindler this morning lol I actually squeeee but does anyone know if they are still looking for beta's or do they have enough people now?
                    And one last qhestion, who is it we e-mail about it betaing I mean and also who is it we e-mail our questions/suggestions too?
                    Ok so that was actually two questions but..what the hey

Thanks

Julia(samcarterrules)
                    sigpic
                    Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Just reply to your email from Damian.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1 View Post
                        You know my husband has been saying something similiar to this for years. He wishes that instead of being required to purchase a package deal with satellite television or cable-- in our case it's like $70.00 a month for hundreds of channles we never watch-- we could simply pay a flat fee each month and pick certain television channels ( or television shows) to watch instead.

I think I can count the number of shows I watch each week on one hand and if it weren't for Stargate and my daughter I'd probably cancel our satellite package all together.

I think cable and satellite packages are great for people who are avid television watchers or for people who simply enjoy vegging out in front of the tube, but for someone like myself, who only watches 2 to 3 hrs of television a week at most, it really is a complete waste of money. So I'm more than happy to help support a show that is moving into a new viewing direction.
                        I'm the same way. Except for football and a couple sci-fi shows, I just don't watch TV. In fact, I went for about 10 years when I didn't even own one, and then a friend gave me one as a present.

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
                          Just reply to your email from Damian.
                          Thanks why didn't I think of that before LoL

Julia(samcarterrules)
                          sigpic
                          Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Stage 3 Media has now posted the list of guest stars for the series and the roles they will play.

Spoiler:
                            Sanctuary also guest stars:

Miranda Frigon (The Dead Zone, 4400, Jake 2.0), Leah Cairns (Battlestar Galactica, Supernatural), Laura Mennell (Stargate: Atlantis, Dead Like Me, Andromeda).

Guest stars for the first eight webisodes are:

David Hewlett - "Larry Tolson," Paul McGillion - "Wexford," Peter Deluise- "Ernie Watts," Ryan Robbins - "Henry Foss"

Here's the link to the list:

http://www.stage3media.com/Newsfacts.html

Very exciting to see so many familiar faces listed!

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1 View Post
                              Sorry to burst anyone's bubble, but I wouldn't get too excited about that quote. It was actually taken from the interview Amanda did on Urban Rush not Slice of Scifi and she was refering to RDA possibily being in the second Stargate movie not the new Sanctuary series.

As much as I would enjoy seeing RDA on the series, we all know how the rumor mill works so I figured I'd nip it in the bud quickly.
                              Like I said in my initial post, I don't know how accurate the info is. You're probably right. The guy at Slice of SciFi who posted it - Managing News Editor, Sam Sloan - might have confused the information about RDA's possible appearance in the second SG1 movie with a possible guest appearance on Sanctuary. Or he might have just gotten his information wrong. But the way it is phrased in the comments certainly makes it appear as if RDA might be on 'Sanctuary' in the future if it's successful.

But you are right. I would suggest that people take this news with a grain of salt until we hear the actual interview with Slice of SciFi next month.

Comment

I wonder how the payment will work. I would not mind paying for a season pass or something like that.

Comment

Working...
                                X