Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sanctuary Discussion (Spoilers for the most recent episode)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=rderoch;6345978]
    Originally posted by starmage View Post
    I also found out who will be playing Jack the Ripper.

And are we sharing?
    See TJ's post

Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
    I'm assuming that they mean

Spoiler:

John Druitt as in Montague John Druitt, the primary suspect for the Whitechapel Murders?

I suppose they could hardly call him Jack, right?
    If it is supposed to be him I wonder how they'll get around his suicide? Say it was faked? But then why did the murders stop?

Ah questions, questions!! I'm looking forward to the answers
    -

Comment

Originally posted by Gate gal View Post
      If anyone is wondering how they can help promote the series, here is something. We can help get get Sanctuary listed on IMBD by sending a form.

http://www.imdb.com/updates?update=title

As to the discussion on Jack the Ripper, I never thought I'd be studying Jack the Ripper in order to speculate on a series, and I am really glad I'm not the only one.
      Same on the Jack the Ripper thing.

Curious about her daughter's age though. Wonder how they'll explain that . . .

Comment

Where are the Sanctuary forums, Kat?

And I like my pet theory that

Spoiler:

Instead of the murders being bloodthirsty and meaningless, "Jack" was actually trying to stop some sort of evil getting a grip on the world or something similar. I hate the idea as a RL explanation, but it works for a sci-fi show
        Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Finally - some answers to the "business" questions that a few of us had regarding Sanctuary.

http://www.canada.com/vancouversun/n...23cc35&k=28633

According to the Vancouver Sun, it looks like it's privately funded (they ended up investing in it themselves, including Tapping), it costs about as much as a cable or network series given extensive post-production, it will likely "premiere" in May, 2007, they hope to shoot for about 40 webisodes per year and the series will cost money per view after about the 4th episode to view/participate. Subsequent to that, the plan (appears) to be to use a more mainstream download service such as "iTunes" or something similar to distribute the pay per view and/or subscription the content.

mg

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
          ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
            Finally - some answers to the "business" questions that a few of us had regarding Sanctuary.

According to the Vancouver Sun, it looks like it's privately funded (they ended up investing in it themselves, including Tapping), it costs about as much as a cable or network series given extensive post-production, it will likely "premiere" in May, 2007, they hope to shoot for about 40 webisodes per year and the series will cost money per view after about the 4th episode to view/participate. Subsequent to that, the plan (appears) to be to use a more mainstream download service such as "iTunes" or something similar to distribute the pay per view and/or subscription the content.

mg
            thanks for the info. does anyone know whether we'll be able to see it in the uk straight away. sorry if it sounds like a silly question but there are some things i've tried getting hold of before off the net but i cant get them.

sig by starlover1990

Comment

Another theory as to the "true" identity of Jack the Ripper is that he was
              Spoiler:
              Queen Victoria's grandson, Prince Albert Victor AKA "Bertie the Bounder".
              sigpic
              Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
              To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
              And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by scifi_girl View Post
                thanks for the info. does anyone know whether we'll be able to see it in the uk straight away. sorry if it sounds like a silly question but there are some things i've tried getting hold of before off the net but i cant get them.
                It's internet based, not television, so you'll be using your computer and you should be able to see it anywhere in the world "on demand". So long as you purchase the episode(s).

Comment

Next question: For the benefit of those among us (such as myself) who do not possess such a thing as a credit card, how - exactly - would one go about the business of "purchasing" an episode?
                  sigpic
                  Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

thanks minigeek

i'd be more than happy if it was shown on itunes or something similar, my computer actually likes them, with other things it tends to have a nervous breakdown.

sig by starlover1990

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                      Next question: For the benefit of those among us (such as myself) who do not possess such a thing as a credit card, how - exactly - would one go about the business of "purchasing" an episode?
                      I can't answer that. But Damian Kindler probably can. I have no idea what payment methods they'll accept.

Keep in mind though that this is the internet, and you never know whether (whatever) distribution service they select might also accept alternative methods of payment (such as Paypal which can be bank account based, and/or something similar). It's not without the realm of possibility.

Comment

PayPal - yes! PayPal would be good. You wouldn't believe the amount of rubbish I buy off e-bay...
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek View Post

mg

The SUN also reported that
                          the website (www.sanctuaryforall.com) has had 26,000 viewings of the Sanctuary teaser, and 630,000 hits.
                          That bodes very well so far. I'm really keeping my fingers crossed for the Sanctuary team on this. It's such a "new age" concept from a business point of view (which is why it's difficult to find mainstream funding). I think if the internet community does rise up and support it, it'll be a huge breakthrough for consumer driven entertainment. It's really very exciting from that point of view, even if you set aside the "sci fi fan" element.

Comment

Hmmm... My pet theory for Jack's true identity was
                            Spoiler:
                            Sir John Gull. Queen Victoria's personal physician
                            Another theory as to the "true" identity of Jack the Ripper is that he was
                            Spoiler:
                            Queen Victoria's grandson, Prince Albert Victor AKA "Bertie the Bounder".
                            You wouldn't happen to subscribe to the
                            Spoiler:
                            Royal Conspiracy theory would you? It makes for a good story but if I recall correctly there's no solid evidence to back it up and a lot to discount it. It's been a long time since I delved into the Ripper stories but hadn't Sir Gull had a stroke and wouldn't have been capable of the murders?

Looks like I'll have to dig out a few old books and maybe suss out some new stuff as well.
                            -

Comment

PayPal - yes! PayPal would be good. You wouldn't believe the amount of rubbish I buy off e-bay...
                              Oh, don't we all?

I can imagine that they'll search for a means of payment which can accommodate the widest possible viewing audience. Of course I can only imagine, since I have no idea the inner goings-on where their business plan is concerned. But I wouldn't worry until we hear more. What I might do, is mention this to Damian via his blog and perhaps then your question might get an "official" answer PDQ.

Comment

I don't really subscribe to any one theory, they're just bits and pieces I've picked up over the years.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X