Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sanctuary Discussion (Spoilers for the most recent episode)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by starshineRoxie View Post
    Does anyone know when the next episode will be posted?
    9th July. They're posted every 2 weeks - 4 more to go.
    -

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
      Thanks.
      StarshineRoxie
      A woman that allows herself the balance of cool wisdom and strength of heart.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
        July 9th? Why is that date familiar... Oh yeah - that's my birthday.
        sigpic
        Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
        To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
        And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Spoiler:

Me: I bet when Bigfoot gets older he’ll develop an irrational fear of certain health maintenance procedures…

Helen: To what procedures are you referring?

Me: Ooooh, I don’t know, colonoscopy, for instance? You know, after Druitt’s hand to the right lower quadrant thingy. Kind of an unpleasant abdominal exam...

Helen: Druitt should have removed the appendix while he was in there.

Me: His evil knows no bounds.
          Last edited by tagger; 28 June 2007, 06:37 AM.
          Words have tremendous power. The right words spoken by the right people at the right times can lift up communities, transform lives, mend relationships, break hearts—even topple empires.
          Quint Studer

Comment

Finally got round to watching ep 4 today (RL intruding big time).

Now, I know this a piece of fantasy but - I have huge problem with characters (Helen in this case) pulling weapons seemingly from nowhere. Nice costume though...

Presumably the "special school" that Helen's sending young Alexei to is one for Gifted Children run by a Prof. Xavier?

Hmmm... I'm bald, I've got a long leather coat and black shirt somewhere, I daresay I could lay my hands on a cane and get someone to do me a prosthetic scar - hey presto, I could be John Druitt for Halloween.
            sigpic
            Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

there you go

all i need is a curly blonde wig adn soem sort of victoria dress....too bad helen didn't do the renaissnace, a ren fest dress woudl be easy to cobble together
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                Finally got round to watching ep 4 today (RL intruding big time).

Now, I know this a piece of fantasy but - I have huge problem with characters (Helen in this case) pulling weapons seemingly from nowhere. Nice costume though...

Presumably the "special school" that Helen's sending young Alexei to is one for Gifted Children run by a Prof. Xavier?

Hmmm... I'm bald, I've got a long leather coat and black shirt somewhere, I daresay I could lay my hands on a cane and get someone to do me a prosthetic scar - hey presto, I could be John Druitt for Halloween.
                She didn't pull it out of nowhere. It was probably stuffed into the backside of those leather pants. Isn't that where Ashley kept hers in ep 3? She probably learned that move from dear ole mumsey.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1 View Post
                  She didn't pull it out of nowhere. It was probably stuffed into the backside of those leather pants. Isn't that where Ashley kept hers in ep 3? She probably learned that move from dear ole mumsey.
                  Kay keeps a gun down the back of her trousers? Remind me not to get too close at AT3!
                  Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1 View Post
                    No - watch it again. The movement of Helen's arm was not that of someone who was pulling a firearm from the back of their trousers.

Besides, did you see how tight they were?
                    sigpic

Comment

No - watch it again. The movement of Helen's arm was not that of someone who was pulling a firearm from the back of their trousers.

Besides, did you see how tight they were?
                      True, her hand was down at her side. I had thought maybe she reached for the gun when Druitt was walking away from her or it was up her sleeve in some special holster thing, but it's a pretty big gun

Comment

The action of someone pulling a concealed weapon from a holster at the small of their back would have a lot more shoulder, elbow and forearm movement.

I've tried it with an old toy gun I had lying around. It's a different set of movements entirely to those of Helen.

Sorry if I seem nit-picky folks, but I like things to be accurate. Just because Sanctuary is a fantasy based show, doesn't mean we have to throw reality out of the window.
                        sigpic

Comment

The action of someone pulling a concealed weapon from a holster at the small of their back would have a lot more shoulder, elbow and forearm movement.

I've tried it with an old toy gun I had lying around. It's a different set of movements entirely to those of Helen.

Sorry if I seem nit-picky folks, but I like things to be accurate. Just because Sanctuary is a fantasy based show, doesn't mean we have to throw reality out of the window.
                          Well if you want nit picky then they didn't actually show Helen drawing the gun so why would you expect the accompanying body movements? They showed her in the process of raising the gun (her arm is half raised in the first frame). The camera was off her for a sufficient time to draw a concealed gun.
                          -

Comment

I refer the honourable gent to a post I made about the two cops in ep. 1.
                            sigpic

Comment

We are planning a super secret Sanctuary project related to Comic Con, but you don't have to be going to participate. PM me or vikitty for details!

Deadline is July 15th.

Comment

I was just over checking out the Sanctuary Store to see if they had added the next set of bundled webisodes - sadly no BUT they have changed the store (with added features)
                                AND

the prices are now in $US so could someone else not in the States please check and see if they too have US pricing? Does this mean they have changed their pricing policy?
                                -

Comment

Working...
                                X