Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sanctuary Discussion (Spoilers for the most recent episode)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shelsfc View Post
    I only sent the email this evening - cos today was the first day that I copped on to the fact that there was more on the website than the trailer. D'oh!
    *bangs head against wall*
    *passes shelsfc an ice pack and aspirin*

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
    I replied to the email - as it came from the same email addy as we used to sign up - and offered to help with beta-ing or anything else!

Question - at the bottom of the email it has a link to download the Title Sequence music... did anyone get an actual download (as in save a file to your computer) of this from this link? All it did for me was play the music in a web page...
    Yes, I downloaded it. If you're on a PC (not a Mac) right click the link and then "Save link as"
    -

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
      Yes, I downloaded it. If you're on a PC (not a Mac) right click the link and then "Save link as"
      Tried that - several times - and just get and error box, "Internet Explorer cannot download. No such interface supported"!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1 View Post
        Wow, initially I didn't think I had recieved an email until I read your comments about it ending up in the Junkmail filter. Needless to say I was quite excited when I went back and checked my email filters and it was there!!
        Hehe, had the same thing happen- LOVE this theme music. Listening right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Gate gal View Post
          Personally, I'm hoping Jack the Ripper will be played by David Hewlett or Paul McGillon. It would be cool to see either of them in that type of role. Very different!

I can't wait to see this one!
          i hope not. selfishly, i want him to be played by a hunk (and someone *i'm* hot for )

how about this actor - http://www.gateworld.net/omnipedia/c.../camulus.shtml - who played camulus?

sally
          sally

sigpic

Comment

Looks like the webisodes are going to go for about 15 minutes each (if they've done 8 of them/2 hours worth)

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
              Okay troops, who's signed up to participate? Sound off!

i signed up!

sally
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
                I've just been having a look a the new photos, especially the VFX one. I'd really like to see the VFX one (in higher resolution) after they finish it because what they have there already is very good but it does need finishing off with lighting effects for the front gas lamp etc.

You know what was missing from the new set of pics? One of Amanda on set *pouts*

Maybe next time
                i know! they're really winding me up (with excitement)!

sally
                sally

sigpic

Comment

i like that the episodes for santuary are going to be called 'webisodes'.

sally
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
                    Hehe, had the same thing happen- LOVE this theme music. Listening right now.
                    the music reminds me of 'xena', which was done by joseph loduca. i hope it's him doing it, because he's a great composer!

sally
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
                      Looks like the webisodes are going to go for about 15 minutes each (if they've done 8 of them/2 hours worth)
                      now see, that part kind of bothered me... i expected an hour episode(s). i guess this goes along with the interactive part, seeing as i guess that would really take much more of your time if you were playing with the outcome???

sally
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                        now see, that part kind of bothered me... i expected an hour episode(s). i guess this goes along with the interactive part, seeing as i guess that would really take much more of your time if you were playing with the outcome???

sally
                        It'd be so they are more managable to download/stream.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
                          Yeah, the letter they sent out said the webisodes would average between 15mins and 20mins. I wonder if they are making them short in the beginning just to see if they attract any attention and then if things pick up they will increase the lengths a little? I guess you are right about the smaller files for streaming and I can understand that eight 40min webisodes would have been rather costly to make and time consuming in terms of the graphic work involved.

Not like the length is going to keep me from watching one way or another.

Bring em on!

Comment

Yeah, I think 15 minutes to 20 minutes makes sense at this stage, even though I was expecting 40 minute ones (I don't know why; no one gave us that impression). Anyway, this is cool. The idea of beta testing is interesting. I wonder how they'll distribute the video to beta testers, and if there'll be a cut off for how many they'll accept?
                            Last edited by the dancer of spaz; 16 February 2007, 12:57 AM.

Comment

Was I hallucinating or did AT say something about liking the internet because there were no time restraints in some interview? I could have sworn she said something about longer episodes about one point but I may have just drawn the wrong conclusion.

Comment

Originally posted by Goddess View Post
                                Was I hallucinating or did AT say something about liking the internet because there were no time restraints in some interview? I could have sworn she said something about longer episodes about one point but I may have just drawn the wrong conclusion.
                                Actually the 40min figure came from a interview Gateworld had with Martin Wood. I think it was more speculation that it would be like a standard television series. It also mentioned that their would be no time constraints like a typical show and that every episode would be a director's cut. This may still be the case as we have no idea how many of these webisodes they may release at one time. From other interviews, we have heard that the pilot was 2hrs and I doubt they would stream a 2hr show that wasn't broken up into smaller parts, so maybe this is what they are planning to do. I suppose it's all speculation at this point in time.

Comment

Working...
                                X