Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sanctuary Discussion (Spoilers for the most recent episode)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NZBG View Post
    Thank you!

I'm guessing they are in mens sizes?
    that i don't know. i listed ladies sizes
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post
      I just bought a hoodie and the HD bundle yay No time to DL it atm since I am going to bed but I had a little question:

What is the format of DL? I mean if you DL it as windows movie player is it WMV file or is it AVI?? Cause if it is avi that would be great
      But if it isn't does anyone know a program that can convert WMV file to AVI??

Thanks
      windows movie maker will convert wmv to avi...just be careful and take it slow. WMM is a horrible resource hog and it likes to crash
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by petemoretti View Post
        I've just seen webisode 2 on Youtube.
        So far I'm not convinced !
        1. Too gamish (and not in a good way) I've seen PC games with better graphics !

I agree there are moments that definitely look like a comic book or game to me. The car scene especially, but I rather like the look so it's not annoying in my opinion.

2. The sound has an artificial note at times (especially the rain)

I watched the show last night at 3am so I was trying to keep the sound as low as possible so as to not wake up the entire house, so I'll have to wait on making a comment on this for later.

3. No real explanation why Helen would choose Will as her protege (is it something she does from decade to decade or did she choose him because of his looks ) - still it might be explained later on

Spoiler:

I believe she saw how Will treated Tolson, a man who was a conficted psychopathic murderer. Unlike the police officers, Will was able to look past Tolson's neurotic issues and see the person that laid beneath and was willing to try to help him. I believe that's the type of person Helen wants as a protege. Someone who capable of seeing beyond the outer exterior of the creatures she protects as the Sanctuary. To see them as sentient beings and not animals that need to be locked up and caged out of fear. Although I'm sure his hot bod is definitey an added perk on her part.

4. The capturing of the security guard in the station didn't make sense the way it was done (he turned his back to the potential agressor)

Spoiler:

I thought the security guard probably thought he had a child molestor on his hands, not a murderer, therefore he didn't feel as threatened.

5. I really hope they didn't kill the boy !
        Spoiler:

I don't think Helen shot/killed the boy. It looked to me as if she just used a tranquilizer dart on him.

6. Ashley doesn't look at all like Helen or Jack (ok maybe she's not his daughter). Perhaps if they made Helen a blonde but then people might have confused her with Sam...
        Only a couple of webisodes left to convince me to buy...

Actually I thought Ashley looked very much like Helen. Helen is a 157 year old woman. Obviously she would have to alter her appearance quite a lot over the years in order to avoid suspicion. I'm sure she's changed her hair color, length, ect quite a lot over the years, but more than likely we will find out her original hair color was blonde like Ashley's.

LE:
        I realise some people might get the idea that I think "Sanctuary" is not worth watching, but that's not the case : So far the webisodes are definetely worth watching (a.k.a. I didn't get the feeling I was wasting my time like I did with S9 and I actually enjoyed it for the most part) but they're not worth buying (IMHO) especially at the high price they're being sold (Maybe if they'll sell them cheaper...)
        The webisodes are definitely worth watching in my opinion and if we are to see more of them, then it's absolutely necessary that we be willing to purchase them, because they can't afford to give them away for free forever. The money for the two hour pilot has come out of their own pockets and if they do not make at least that back there won't be money to continue with future episodes. What I'm hoping will eventually happen is that they will offer a free streamed version on their website that will contain commericals to subsidize the costs and those of us who wish to do so will still be able to purchase the HD/SD versions as is. That way those viewers who can't afford to pay the higher prices will still be able to enjoy the show and the rest of us can enjoy Sanctuary as it was originally envisioned.

Spoiler:

ETA: One of the things I enjoyed most in webisode two was seeing how Amanda moves as Helen. A lot of people have been discussing her accent, but the thing that has impressed me the most is watching the way Helen moves and reacts to things as opposed to Sam. Helen just seems to have this aura of confidence and assuredness surrounding her. She definitely has a great deal of confidence in her profession, but more so there is a confidence in herself. I really enjoyed that Helen didn't appear the least bit affected of sitting in the room with Will in his skivvies. There was no embarrassment at all. I loved that. I also really enjoyed how Helen sat down in that chair when she was talking to Will. There was a very sexy ease about her that I'm really enjoying and I'm looking forward to see more of in the future. I think Amanda's done a remarkable job of creating a new character that is completley different from Sam. To be honest, this was oneof my biggest fears after watching her portray Sam for the past decade. I was nervous that no matter how wonderful of a character Helen turned out to be, that I would always be able to look at her and see Sam; but I've been pleasantly surprised at how unique and different Helen is. Not only is her look completely different, but so is her voice, her walk and her level of confidence.
        I'm definitely impressed.

Much kudos to AT.
        Last edited by ForeverSg1; 28 May 2007, 12:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post
          It's amazing how much you can value a couple of minutes of content when you know that you've only got about 15 to work with...

Spoiler:
          This was definitely a humorous episode, which was good. There were some parts where I actually laughed out loud - most of which including poor Will's wussy side (the fainting and jumping). Helen's nonchalant approach to Will's discomfort was amusing as well.

I really liked the introduction of Ashley. And while I enjoyed the moments between Helen and Will, I had seen quite a bit of them in the promos. So I was really looking forward to the Helen/Ashley relationship - and wasn't disappointed. It's really cool to see Amanda play a maternal role, especially one with an adult daughter. I liked how Emilie portrayed Ashley's "shoot first, ask questions later" approach, too.

The dynamic between them will be interesting, because it looks like Helen has the potential for setting rather high expectations of her little, kickass rebel. Loved the obvious personality clashing; can't wait for more.

And what's the significance of the playbill? I want to know!

The past two weeks kinda flew by, and I'm hoping the next two weeks are the same.
          I really, really really REALLY enjoyed this webisode

Spoiler:
          I also enjoyed how Druitt used Alexei to attract Helen's attention and then left a playbill that obviously meant something from the way Helen reacted. I mean who else would leave a Victorian playbill lying around? Hmmmm A5 S1?? Seating arrangements? Aisle? Section? Does a command performance for Queen Victoria have some significance to the two of them? Ahh questions, questions, damn! It's another 2 week wait!! and I'm still no better at practicing patience!

I can't wait to see more of Helen and Ashley together and see what kind of relationship they have.

Oh and visually I loved the scene change from the parlour to the crime scene in the train tunnel. I liked how they had Will with the backdrop of the river and city and then faded him out. I liked the bright new city contrasting the dark, barely lit, old city and the stormy light cast over both of them. I hope they get around to doing a graphic novel sometime because some of the artwork would be just gorgeous.
          -

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1 View Post
            The webisodes are definitely worth watching in my opinion and if we are to see more of them, then it's absolutely necessary that we be willing to purchase them, because they can't afford to give them away for free forever. The money for the two hour pilot has come out of their own pockets and if they do not make at least that back there won't be money to continue with future episodes. What I'm hoping will eventually happen is that they will offer a free streamed version on their website that will contain commericals to subsidize the costs and those of us who wish to do so will still be able to purchase the HD/SD versions as is. That way those viewers who can't afford to pay the higher prices will still be able to enjoy the show and the rest of us can enjoy Sanctuary as it was originally envisioned.
            I agree. I was initiailly surprised at how many people are willing to be sold a product through advertisements as long as they can watch the show for free. So, while it does indicate that a portion of online audience members can still be bought and sold for good entertainment, your idea still allows them an opportunity to compromise for those of us who are willing to buy it directly from their site.

I wonder, though, if Damian and Co. won't be afraid of "selling out." They've gone to great lengths to avoid the mainstream way of making money - avoiding stuidos, going independent, etc.. I personally think it needs to be done, considering advertising has been a staple of episodic series production and distribution pretty much since the beginning of their inception. And who knows? Maybe in three or four years, it won't be such a problem.

But right now, in the interest of seeing more of Sanctuary and NOT being left hanging at webisode 8, I wouldn't blame them for going that route.

Granted, I have no idea how the webisodes are selling. So maybe they're in the clear.
            Last edited by the dancer of spaz; 28 May 2007, 09:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by PengYn View Post
              Definitely.
              Spoiler:
              The dynamic between mother and daughter is definitely something I'm looking forward to. Lots of sparkage there.

It's also amusing to think of them miming the train tracks as they shoot the scene, because the finished product is so compelling, it's hard to imagine that they just have doorways and greenscreen.

On another note mmmmm Robin Dunne
              Oh, are you comparing that to the version you saw at the Expo? That was probably pretty cool. I hope they've gotten a chance to personally document everything they've been filming so far for the DVDs in the future.

And yes... *shallow hat* ... Robin Dunne. Poor guy did NOT know what kind of fans he'd be getting when he joined this series.

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
              Yes it was an amanzing episode, I truely enjoyed the humour, and yes I'd like a scone

To answer your question Spaz

Spoiler:
              I think the playbill, was a calling card from Jack, perhaps from when they saw the play together
              Spoiler:
              Definitely a calling card. I had to pause it to see what else it said, because I was looking for a more overt clue. Ahhh, a Magnus/Druitt showdown is coming. Sweet.

It's interesting to me that a lot of the character development bits about Magnus - the really juicy ones - are details that the audience already knows, but that Ashley and Will are completely in the dark about. For one thing, Damian said that Will won't know about Helen's age for a while. And I believe it's been said that Ashley doesn't know about John. Can't wait for when those details are revealed...

Ashley is intriguing because she looks like the kind of character who can loosen up Helen and Will. Helen, for all of her light joking and compassion, seems to still be very no-nonsense about her work. Will, poor guy, has a lot of adjusting to do. It'll be cool to see Ashley mess with both of them from time to time.

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
              I really, really really REALLY enjoyed this webisode

Spoiler:
              I also enjoyed how Druitt used Alexei to attract Helen's attention and then left a playbill that obviously meant something from the way Helen reacted. I mean who else would leave a Victorian playbill lying around? Hmmmm A5 S1?? Seating arrangements? Aisle? Section? Does a command performance for Queen Victoria have some significance to the two of them? Ahh questions, questions, damn! It's another 2 week wait!! and I'm still no better at practicing patience!

I can't wait to see more of Helen and Ashley together and see what kind of relationship they have.

Oh and visually I loved the scene change from the parlour to the crime scene in the train tunnel. I liked how they had Will with the backdrop of the river and city and then faded him out. I liked the bright new city contrasting the dark, barely lit, old city and the stormy light cast over both of them. I hope they get around to doing a graphic novel sometime because some of the artwork would be just gorgeous.
              Spoiler:
              Good call with the seating arrangement! I didn't even think of that. I really hope they follow up on that next wep, along with a couple of other things like how Ashley came to be after all of those years, etc. Isn't John supposed to find out about Ashley at the end of wep 4?

I liked the contrast of scenes as well - reds to blues, it seemed. And the transition of scenes with Will in the foreground was really cool - cap-ably cool.

And you're right - the artwork for the graphic novel would be amazing.

I only have the veoh and youtube versions to compare to the HD bundle I got last night, but it was sooooo worth the wait. I can't imagine watching it on anything else now.

Here's a question:
              1.) Do we know the name of the actor who plays Will's special friend? I want to see more of him.

Comment

I haven't watched the proper cut of ep2 yet, only the version we saw at Expo which was amazing. Talking of expo, I've done a blog on the subject over at sanctuaryfans.com.
                Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

I have a question for those who have purchased and downloaded the episodes. Do they only download using the WinRar program?
                  sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

I downloaded and watched ep 2 and loved it. (should have bought the bundle right away. ) It worked fine and it didn't seem as dark.
                    I definitely think as others have said
                    Spoiler:
                    the playbill was from Jack. It looked like an 1800s playbill.
                    I'm really liking Helen and Will. My favorite part of the episode after one viewing is probably when
                    Spoiler:
                    Helen says to Will: "Scone?"

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                      I downloaded and watched ep 2 and loved it. (should have bought the bundle right away. ) It worked fine and it didn't seem as dark.
                      I definitely think as others have said
                      Spoiler:
                      the playbill was from Jack. It looked like an 1800s playbill.
                      I'm really liking Helen and Will. My favorite part of the episode after one viewing is probably when
                      Spoiler:
                      Helen says to Will: "Scone?"
                      Yes, it was an 1800s playbill for a Twelfth Night by Shakespeare, if I remember correctly. At the Drury Lane theatre?

I haven't watched the webisode yet today, this is just what I remember from this weekend.
                      Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Yes, Drury Lane. That is significant, I think. Perhaps
                        Spoiler:
                        Jack the Ripper's target area? that location struck me as familiar.

Comment

Very nice blog, TJ! This sounds like a great experience - the kind where the right kind of variables all worked out for you guys, even with the con being disorganized. It's great that Amanda, Paul and Damian remained so accessible to you throughout the entire weekend.

Comment

Hey Back from the Expo! Webisode two is so much better in a darkened room but the showing at the Expo was amazing, amanda sat and watched it with the fans. How amazing is she! Damian is amazing too, spent most of the day chatting to him and then i got to speak to him again at 00:40 via liams phone, made my day, well cept for the IMMHOTEP! bellow from the stage by Damian mid question
                            sigpic
                            You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                            Stargate : Genesis |
                            Original Starship DesignThread
                            Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                            11000! green me

Comment

About the Sanctuary being expensive ! Forgot what I've said ! The HD version is already on torrents...
                              I wonder how they expect to turn a profit with this kind of things

Comment

Originally posted by petemoretti View Post
                                About the Sanctuary being expensive ! Forgot what I've said ! The HD version is already on torrents...
                                I wonder how they expect to turn a profit with this kind of things
                                Cause some people don't want to DL it from torrent, cause they are behind the project...I think the people who put it up there should get it off again, and also I really hope people don't DL it. Cause they really need our support.

but I agree in the end I can see people DL it because the HD version is rather expenisive... And unless you really are a devoted fan, you don't want to pay that much 12,5€ for about 1 hour 30 minutes of telivision...cause that is rather expensive

I actually wondered is the whole price difference fixed already or not???

Comment

Working...
                                X