Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sanctuary Discussion (Spoilers for the most recent episode)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by discodiva View Post
    Son, hubby and I got back from London a couple of hours ago.....we had a wonderful time both at the Expo and staying in the hotel for a couple of nights....thoroughly enjoyed the viewing of the new webisode - although I do agree that the lighting was not the best for seeing things on screen clearly....the talk was great (even with the dodgy microphones and Robot War background noise... ), Amanda looked lovely and Paul is an absolute darling.....mind you I'm biased cos he said how much alike my son and I looked but I was much prettier!....

And I want to thank Damien from the bottom of my heart for taking the time out in the hotel bar on Friday night to spend a few minutes talking to my son and giving him advice on his career choices - my son is studying multi-media, technology and design at Uni and it was his dream to meet Damien as he hopes to eventually find a job in the industry.....he was absolutely thrilled and it made his weekend.....

I will have some pics of the panel uploaded later....if it's ok to post them here?...

Deeds xx
    You bet it is Okay, ah actually I'm sure we all insist that you do

Thanks for the report
    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

I was just curious if anyone managed to hear any of the live web radio broadcasts from London Expo. I've been checking the site periodically and have never found it to be working.

I also found several other sites that gave more information.

Supposedly the air times were 11-12pm, 1-2pm, 3-4pm and 5-6pm thoughout the weekend and the link for the web radio site is Destiny Talk Radio but it hasn't worked for me either.

ETA: Big thanks to everyone who have shared their con reports and photos! They've been greatly appreciated!

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
        You bet it is Okay, ah actually I'm sure we all insist that you do

Thanks for the report

OK....here's the best of our pics.....some are blurred because as is usual at these things one person will be talking and moving about as the other two are listening....and we were right at the back....however my son did get an aisle seat so he had an unobstructed view of the stage.....

http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b1...tuary%20Panel/

Deeds xx
        sigpic
        Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
        MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady View Post
          So I was bored tonight and decided to make a few caps from webisode 1
          Wonderful
          scarimor

Comment

So is it Monday yet? I'm ready to see webisode 2.
            I'm thinking I should wait until tuesday to try to download after all the problems they had last time.
            Yeah, like that's gonna happen.
            Need my Magnus update.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
              I'm thinking I should wait until tuesday to try to download after all the problems they had last time.
              Yeah, like that's gonna happen.
              Need my Magnus update.
              No waiting until Tuesday for me. With tomorrow as a holiday I'm hoping to get it downloaded in the morning and then I can take webisode 1 & 2 with me to a party a friend is having tomorrow afternoon.
              My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Hi Everyone

Just dropping in to say Thanks to everyone who reported on the Expo I really enjoyed hearing how everyone enjoyed it and hearing what Amanda, Damian and Paul had to say too, all the pics were great too

I can't wait for "Wep" 2!! Is it Monday yet?

Julia(samcarterrules)
                sigpic
                Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

it is in aussie land.
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Anyone but me bought a Sanctuary t-shirt?

I expect it to arrive either late June or early July.
                    sigpic
                    Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                    To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                    And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

It is indeed... Tuesday is the magic day here

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                      it is in aussie land.
                      sigpic

Comment

Pictures from expo up here. Not very good ones at all but I did try my best with my not so great camera.

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                          Anyone but me bought a Sanctuary t-shirt?

I expect it to arrive either late June or early July.
                          I bought a t-shirt and a hoodie and it arrived yesterday!

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post
                            There's an article in The Wall Street Journal today that caught my eye. It's titled "Make-It-Yourself 'Star Wars'", and it's written by Sarah McBride, just in case anyone can find it online... I'm pretty sure you have to have a subscription to access their articles online though.

Anyway, what's so interesting about this article is that George Lucas, who evidently is well-known for being very protective of his work, is allowing fans of Star Wars to go online and edit various clips of the film series at will from here on out.
                            Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post
                            One more thing from the WSJ.

Spoiler:
                            There was an article about the trailing network, the CW, which was published yesterday. In it, journalist Brooks Barnes asked Bill Morningstar (CW's executive vice president of network sales) specifically about the Web components surrounding a new series called "Gossip Girl."
                            It'll be interesting to see how CW approaches marketing this new web content for their series, how it's received by their target audience, whether or not they stick with the same web-focused concept this fall, and whether or not the other networks follow suit.
                            Interesting articles, spaz, thanks.

I happened to watch "The Big Idea with Donny Deutsch" earlier this week and the entire show was devoted to youtube stars/ internet blogger stars. Deutsch and his guests also talked about the cottage industry that has sprung up around some of the more infamous videos, etc.

He also spoke to a few people who have achieved success and fame through internet blogging. The whole time I was watching, I thought Sanctuary should be on there as the first show developed for distribution direct to web (actually, I'm sure the show was planned way before sanctuary went live).

If they have another show devoted to internet media success stories, we will have to make them aware of Sanctuary!!

Last edited by tagger; 27 May 2007, 04:44 PM.
                            Words have tremendous power. The right words spoken by the right people at the right times can lift up communities, transform lives, mend relationships, break hearts—even topple empires.
                            Quint Studer

Comment

Originally posted by antoa315 View Post
                              I bought a t-shirt and a hoodie and it arrived yesterday!
                              Awesome

What are the sizes like?
                              Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                                Is it Monday yet?
                                Originally posted by saberhagen83 View Post
                                Can't wait to see the 2nd part.
                                Originally posted by LaCroix View Post
                                Can't wait.
                                So is it Monday yet?
                                Originally posted by figment View Post
                                I can't wait for the second webisode.
                                Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                                Need my Magnus update.
                                Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
                                I can't wait for "Wep" 2!! Is it Monday yet?
                                Death by anticipation.

Spoiled for a word used in very poor taste:

Spoiler:
                                Patience is a virtue, patience is a virtue, patience isn't worth poo.
                                Words have tremendous power. The right words spoken by the right people at the right times can lift up communities, transform lives, mend relationships, break hearts—even topple empires.
                                Quint Studer

Comment

Working...
                                X