Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sanctuary Discussion (Spoilers for the most recent episode)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

umm, i remember reading the message on the yahoo list along the line of 'we are now official'

meaning that - prior to that point - it was just a fan run list, but then damian and the guys had later acknowledged it and made it officially sanctioned rather than tolerated
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth View Post
      They think we're a conspiracy?? Lol.... that made my day... perversley.. must mean we're doin ok at getting the news and stuff out there.

Wow – do you think this could mean that all those posts on Gateworld by you and Oooober over the years were actually written – huge gasp – by you and Oooober? Imagine that! Lol!

So, do you suspect you’re supposed to be Ron, and Ooober’s Damian, or the other way around?

Well, darn! I’ve always wanted to watch a conspiracy unfold! But, the whole idea certainly demonstrates that people can glom onto some very interesting opinions!

And yes, you are doing excellently well getting the news and stuff out there! Sanctuary Fans is the place to go to get all the background detail and new scoops – unless one wants to revel in all the Okra news, then one should go to the Sanctuary For All forum.

Hey guys... it's been a while but I've been a bit busy
      No, really????

Ok Tagger hit it on the head. Sanctuaryfans.com gets content and materials and info from Stage 3 but we are not owned by Stage 3. Sanctuaryfans.com is a fansite... official.. but a fansite still.

Damian and Stage 3's philosphies regarding fans and communication and involvement are a first for me, so I can understand the sceptism from some people. But it's on the level. They really do care what people want & think. They take it on board and they're actioning most things where possible.
      Please tell me they aren’t taking the Okra follies seriously! ::begs::

I can understand the skepticism, too – strange things happen on the Internet everywhere, all the time, but… just a little Googling could have provided a lot of reassurance that your on line personas long predate Sanctuary. But, then research is always the bane of conspiracy theories, isn’t it!

It's a helluva ride but I'm positive I'm backing a winning team in Sanctuary and I'm honored that they're backing sanctuaryfans.com in return. But it's a friendship, not a buy out. Sanctuaryfans.com is run by fans and we're open to input by fans. I thank you guys who are contributing news and info to us too... that's what we're ultimately about.. spreading the word and sharing the good stuff for Sanctuary Fans.

And you do it very, very well! A big HUZZAH for SanctuaryFans.com!
      Nerd-o-rama: Oh, I almost forgot. Sam also had the power of Xenotechnological Deus Ex Machina for a few seasons (can use any alien technology if it suits the script's purpose.) Then they gave it to Jack for some reason.
      So that's why we've seen so little of Sam and Jack in these past two seasons. They're spending all their free time as the Xenotechnological Deus Ex Machina League fighting evil in Washington DC.

Comment

Originally posted by tagger View Post
        That's how I remember it, too. (In fact, I was worried for their site when I found out the Sanctuary site would have its own forum, because I thought all their hard work was for naught.)

My understanding was Uber, Shelma, and Myrth worked very hard on a site THEY came up with and now, in recognition of their hard work, they get some exclusive content from S3M. Just like GW gets "exclusive" content regarding SGA and SG1. Good for them!! YAY!!!

I think it's great S3M communicates with a fan run site - then the content is more reliable.

Does exclusive content pique interest for the website traffic? I hope so.

Does interesting, exclusive content pique interest for Sanctuary? I hope so.

But if we are wrong, they will let us know, like Bev said, in the end it is irrelevant, I like to go to the site for info.
        I find the entire thing amusing.

The SanctuaryFans.com concept came from Myrth first. She envisioned it and brought me in on this brainchild of hers. We came into contact with Shelley who had the forum and well, things grew from there.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by MerRu View Post

So, do you suspect you’re supposed to be Ron, and Ooober’s Damian, or the other way around?

Well, darn! I’ve always wanted to watch a conspiracy unfold!
          Actually, everyone is Jonno.

Words have tremendous power. The right words spoken by the right people at the right times can lift up communities, transform lives, mend relationships, break hearts—even topple empires.
          Quint Studer

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan View Post

The SanctuaryFans.com concept came from Myrth first. She envisioned it and brought me in on this brainchild of hers. We came into contact with Shelley who had the forum and well, things grew from there.

Hey ooober

The site is fantastic! You gals should be proud

Comment

So there are 3 of you...does that make it a conspriacy
              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

When is Webisode 2 due ?

Comment

Originally posted by Starxgate View Post
                  When is Webisode 2 due ?
                  May 28 I believe
                  sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                    May 28 I believe
                    Blah

Comment

Originally posted by tagger View Post
                      Actually, everyone is Jonno.

::smacks forehead:: D'uh!

How could I forgot we are!

(Yet another insidious effect of okra exposure, I tell you!)
                      Nerd-o-rama: Oh, I almost forgot. Sam also had the power of Xenotechnological Deus Ex Machina for a few seasons (can use any alien technology if it suits the script's purpose.) Then they gave it to Jack for some reason.
                      So that's why we've seen so little of Sam and Jack in these past two seasons. They're spending all their free time as the Xenotechnological Deus Ex Machina League fighting evil in Washington DC.

Comment

STEP AWAY FROM THE OKRA!

Don't you know it's a geen slimy vegetable
                        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Okra is evil, I tell ya it's just plain EVIL!!!!
                          -

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
                            Okra is evil, I tell ya it's just plain EVIL!!!!
                            Don't you be dissing my okra too now!

*growls*

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

*growls*
                              Hey you can have mine.

*fakes friendly sharing to get rid of the stuff*
                              -

Comment

*growls*
                                Well I really don't mind Okra Winfrey