Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sanctuary Discussion (Spoilers for the most recent episode)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It might be a dumb question, but weren't the first webisodes supposed to be free? I can't access anything at all.... or is it once again an "only US IP" thingie... *narrows eyes*
    Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
    Yes, I am!
    sigpic
    Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
    Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
    Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by Pitry View Post
      It might be a dumb question, but weren't the first webisodes supposed to be free? I can't access anything at all.... or is it once again an "only US IP" thingie... *narrows eyes*
      The free one's are available in lower reslution on YouTube...here's a link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6K-v4MJScz0&eurl=
      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Pitry View Post
        So what's the problem ? Use a proxy !

Comment

I was amused to read that some people apparently think the fan site is a fake set up by Stage 3.

Comment

Originally posted by parsifal View Post
            I was amused to read that some people apparently think the fan site is a fake set up by Stage 3.

What do they mean, "fake"?

The fan run site (Myrth, Uber, and Shelma)?

Or somewhere else?
            Words have tremendous power. The right words spoken by the right people at the right times can lift up communities, transform lives, mend relationships, break hearts—even topple empires.
            Quint Studer

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
              The free one's are available in lower reslution on YouTube...here's a link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6K-v4MJScz0&eurl=
              thankee
              Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
              Yes, I am!
              sigpic
              Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
              Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
              Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by tagger View Post

What do they mean, "fake"?

The fan run site (Myrth, Uber, and Shelma)?

Or somewhere else?
                Sanctuaryfans.com

Fake as in pretending to be a fan site, but actually run by Stage 3 Media as part of the marketing campaign.

Comment

Sanctuaryfans.com

Fake as in pretending to be a fan site, but actually run by Stage 3 Media as part of the marketing campaign.
                  We know that it's a fan-run site, but even if S3M are involved I don't see what the problem is.
                  It's a site that has information and extra bits and pieces about Sanctuary, and it doesn't matter, at least to me, who is providing that information.
                  sigpic

Comment

I'm curious, read where?
                    -

Comment

That's reserved for something that Sony would do

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
                        That's reserved for something that Sony would do
                        Well, since Sony was shut down some time earlier this week, I'm going to go with the original Homeworld.

It's quite obvious to anyone who dares to legitimize their claims that the gals who run that site started the site before they had the Sanctuary PTB's official stamp of approval. Or, at least that's how I understand the timeline.

Meh.

Comment

That's how I remember it, too. (In fact, I was worried for their site when I found out the Sanctuary site would have its own forum, because I thought all their hard work was for naught.)

My understanding was Uber, Shelma, and Myrth worked very hard on a site THEY came up with and now, in recognition of their hard work, they get some exclusive content from S3M. Just like GW gets "exclusive" content regarding SGA and SG1. Good for them!! YAY!!!

I think it's great S3M communicates with a fan run site - then the content is more reliable.

Does exclusive content pique interest for the website traffic? I hope so.

Does interesting, exclusive content pique interest for Sanctuary? I hope so.

But if we are wrong, they will let us know, like Bev said, in the end it is irrelevant, I like to go to the site for info.
                          Words have tremendous power. The right words spoken by the right people at the right times can lift up communities, transform lives, mend relationships, break hearts—even topple empires.
                          Quint Studer

Comment

Have people seen this yet?

Someone has set up a map of the world for all the Sanctuary fans so go and add yourself to it. http://john.penguinpod.net/TheElectr...ctuarians.html

Want to contribute to raising the awareness of Sanctuary on the web?
                            Add your voice and vote / comment here :
                            1. TV.com - rate Webisode 1 and maybe leave a review
                            2. Bloggers Choice Awards - Damian's blog has been nominated so go and show your support
                            -

Comment

A New TV Reality? Sanctuary Webisodes Online

Have you ever wished you could tell the producers of your favorite TV show what to do? Did you want to have a hand in story and character development? Would you like to be part of a new kind of “TV” series? Welcome to Sanctuary.

<snip>

The look and feel of the show is outstanding. As mentioned, it’s reminiscent of Blade Runner with a little Gotham City thrown in. The special effects are first rate, though this should be expected. Sanctuary is put together by Stargate personnel. Over ten years, the Stargate crew did a spectacular job of creating believable special effects each week. They bring the same ethic to this series. Sanctuary is sleeker and sharper than Stargate and has a darker edge to it, but the workmanship remains. It’s a joy to watch – from lighting to camera angle to effects.

Here are some related sites to keep tabs on: Sanctuary Fans is where you will find blogs and news and, especially, the forum so you can provide your input on the series.

Full Article Here
                              My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

They think we're a conspiracy?? Lol.... that made my day... perversley.. must mean we're doin ok at getting the news and stuff out there.

Hey guys... it's been a while but I've been a bit busy

Ok Tagger hit it on the head. Sanctuaryfans.com gets content and materials and info from Stage 3 but we are not owned by Stage 3. Sanctuaryfans.com is a fansite... official.. but a fansite still.

Damian and Stage 3's philosphies regarding fans and communication and involvement are a first for me, so I can understand the sceptism from some people. But it's on the level. They really do care what people want & think. They take it on board and they're actioning most things where possible.

It's a helluva ride but I'm positive I'm backing a winning team in Sanctuary and I'm honored that they're backing sanctuaryfans.com in return. But it's a friendship, not a buy out. Sanctuaryfans.com is run by fans and we're open to input by fans. I thank you guys who are contributing news and info to us too... that's what we're ultimately about.. spreading the word and sharing the good stuff for Sanctuary Fans.

Originally posted by tagger View Post
                                That's how I remember it, too. (In fact, I was worried for their site when I found out the Sanctuary site would have its own forum, because I thought all their hard work was for naught.)

My understanding was Uber, Shelma, and Myrth worked very hard on a site THEY came up with and now, in recognition of their hard work, they get some exclusive content from S3M. Just like GW gets "exclusive" content regarding SGA and SG1. Good for them!! YAY!!!

I think it's great S3M communicates with a fan run site - then the content is more reliable.

Does exclusive content pique interest for the website traffic? I hope so.

Does interesting, exclusive content pique interest for Sanctuary? I hope so.

But if we are wrong, they will let us know, like Bev said, in the end it is irrelevant, I like to go to the site for info.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X