No announcement yet.

Revolution (NBC) : News/Speculation/General Discussion SPOILERS S2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have five episodes left.... so.. I'm still not sure what to think of it, the show is all over places and it has no real concept... the actors are except for Elizabeth Mitchell meh and I wish that Tracy Spiridakos would leave the show in the next season. I will continue watching it in the hope, that they kind of improve the acting, dialouges and the plot, it is still better than reality shows though
    sigpic

Comment

Wha/.. you want charlie (noting can go wrong) to leave?
      Me to. Hope they kill her off!

Comment

one episode left.. but this will be safed for tomorrow! God, what a show this mess is but still enjoyable for some unknown reasons!
        sigpic

Comment

Sooo....After putting it off all summer, I finally decided to (finally) give this another shot. You can thank Netflix for this.

In any case, my reservations about the show from last year did carry over for a bit...It really did not have a good start. Charlie is simply not likable, and Danny would have been a better lead. Overall, it is pretty meh. Later on it becomes a lot more interesting, and the characters overall getting better.

In any case, it is far from a great show, but it is watchable and somewhat enjoyable.
          sigpic

Comment

Awesome. I missed the start of the Show and now I got the whole other half to watch!

Normally I would be angry, but with a show like this I find it better. The Story development just goes to slow for me. Cant wait to see whats in store, but guessing by the few comments I read before realising I am in Spoiler territory, its a mess. Cya when I got to the Season Finale.

Edit: Okay. So saw the Finale and not sure what to say about it. The Suspense was nice, but I did not like the whole Miles Monroe drama. At some point it didnt even seem to make much Sense.

As for the big Cliffhanger, it was a bit uninterresting. Fine the lights are back on and some Missiles got launched, but I am pretty sure they are going to do something about that. They could still reactivate the Nanites, though if that happens it is certain that they wont be able to turn them off again that time.

Sorry, I just love making guesses.
            Last edited by tomstone; 09 September 2013, 03:14 PM.
            Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
            Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
            There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

From the spoilers I've read, the start of Season 2:

Spoiler:
              picks up 3 months after the cliffhanger.

First Falling Skies, now this, what is is about these writers at the moment, do they not understand the meaning of CLIFFHANGER.

Comment

Yea.. If tht is true, i will HATE it, and poss turn off this show.

Comment

Oh the other thing I read was that the power

Spoiler:
                  is back off again

They'd better explain that one pretty sharpish, not to mention...

Spoiler:
                  How they all got out a sealed bunker

I'll reserve judgement until the episode has actually aired, but if they go down the
                  Spoiler:
                  ....three months later
                  route, I'll probably switch off too, no pun intended.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
                    Oh the other thing I read was that the power

Spoiler:
                    is back off again

Spoiler:
                    Yes, they do turn the power back off.

They'd better explain that one pretty sharpish, not to mention...

Spoiler:
                    How they all got out a sealed bunker

Spoiler:
                    Well they probably went up the stairs and through the giant hole in the blast door....

I'll reserve judgement until the episode has actually aired, but if they go down the
                    Spoiler:
                    ....three months later
                    route, I'll probably switch off too, no pun intended.
                    Spoiler:
                    From what I've seen/read the episode has a 'just after the finale' part and then a months later thing.

I don't see what is so wrong about that.

Comment

Cause they left things on a very nice cliffhanger, and cut to 3 months later, we never get to see what the resolution is. Just like the "7 months later due to Ann's pregnancy" situation Falling skies did .

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                        Cause they left things on a very nice cliffhanger, and cut to 3 months later, we never get to see what the resolution is. Just like the "7 months later due to Ann's pregnancy" situation Falling skies did .
                        Yes but sometimes its just easier to skip over the tedious days of people walking around. Revolution has used flashbacks to give us the good points, why wouldn't they do that now?

Comment

Just finish watching the whole series.

An I am not sure I am mad or sad. This series is just ill thought out from the beginning, massive amount of plot holes, and they are just the ones I spotted, which means there probably even more that I missed.

But you know the thing that stuck with me is that these guys invented nano machines that could repair a broken leg in a few seconds, could grow a pair of lungs, cure cancer, this technology would be worth billions of dollars, and yet they ran to DOD for funding, you would have venture capitalist, every major corporation on the planet fighting over this and they went to the DOD. Not mind the case that they apparently they were developed to provide renewable, WTF.

Now I could quite easily imagine some smart dick in the DOD getting the smart idea of reprogramming the nanobots so that could be use to disable all electronics in a country, I could even imagine the DOD stealing the nanobots to do it, but these scientists sold the machines for that purpose instead of the countless other possibilities they have.

Then there Nora, where the hell did she her training in explosive, bomb disposal from, she was just a teenanger when the black out happen. Never mind that both miles and Monroe should look a lot older than they do.

Then there Maggie Foster that walk up and down the East coast for a way back to Britain, not only did they kill the only character that didn't kill conventionally means, guns and bows, we are also suppose to buy the idea that even when trade was establish with Europe that she wouldn't have bought her way there to find her children. Instead stuck with her boyfriend and kids.
                          Especially as it seems at least England must have not have suffered as much from the blackout, given that Georgia governor thought they had the resources to aid her in her war with Monroe republic. A war several thousand miles away. Which means that her kid would stand a good chance of being alive.

Plus you tend not just drop dead from blood loss, it tend to be a slow death, now every solder knows there blood type and miles is a o-, universal donor, surely even these idiots would be able to at least try to give her a blood transfusion.

An countless more. They better have pretty good explanation of why they decided to turn the power back off, and why they abandon the tower. And why would the patriots build identical 18th century sailings when our knowledge of the world have evolve quite a bit since then, for example, using kites instead of sails to power there vessels.

This could have been a great show, if they spent time on developing the concept and ideas and characters, an kill off that annoying little brats Charlie and Rachel, two of the most annoying characters on TV. An it seems season 2 will have a large dose of Rachel dealing with her daddy issues.
                          Last edited by knowles2; 13 September 2013, 04:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
                            Yes but sometimes its just easier to skip over the tedious days of people walking around. Revolution has used flashbacks to give us the good points, why wouldn't they do that now?
                            or they could have open with them being in the tower, seeing the two destroyed cities, seeing the destruction via satellites, even through the drones, then they could have a warning lights come on and see that the patriots, the big new enemy of the season 2, have control of several of the US navy fleets and it comes apparent that they have also constructed a facility capable of controlling US nuclear arsenal, which is slowly seizing control of those missiles using Aaron backdoor. They have no choice but to turn the power back off or hand over the US to people willing and able to use nuclear weapon arsenal. So they turn the tower back off.

Then you have them work on a plan in the Tower using the Tower not insignificant resources and weapons to unite the nations of America, along with the Europeans and other powers to fight the patriots.

There first mission would be to make contact with the tribes that like cutting crosses on people throats to negotiate passage and protection for the tower. Having Monroe go off and unite whatever left of his and Georgia, and the rebels forces, slowly rediscovering his good nature.

Why the other spread across America on there own mission. Rachel and Charlie suffering early deaths, hey we stuck through a tonne of rubbish, the writers should reward us early in the season with their deaths, hopefully a brutal and slow death for Rachel, an a quick fast one for Charlie.

Aaron stays at the tower, repairing it, and exploring it and using its capabilities to help the others out when he can, researching the mysteries surrounding the blackout.

It better than the daddy issues and a spirit walk that the writers are offering us in season 2 so far.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                              Just finish watching the whole series.

An I am sure I am mad or sad. This series is just ill thought out from the beginning, massive amount of plot holes, and they just the ones I spotted, which means there probably even more that I missed.

But you know the thing that stuck me is that these guys invented nano machines that could repair a broken leg in a few seconds, could grow a pair of lungs, cure cancer, this technology would be worth billions of dollars, and yet they ran to DOD for funding, you would have venture capital, every major corporation on the planet fighting over this and they went to the DOD. Not mind the case that they apparently they were developed to provide renewable, WTF.

Now I could quite easily imagine some smart dick in the DOD getting the smart idea of design nano bots that could be use to disable all electronics in a country, I could even imagine the DOD stealing the nanobots to do it, but these scientists are the dumbest scientists on the planet not to have consider the countless other problem.
                              The capsule was a very specific device and as we were told if you don't program it right you kill the person it is in. The DOD was their best bet to get the tech ready, all they had was a small chamber they could take the power out of, getting BILLIONS of dollars meant they could go as far as they needed.

Then there Nora, where the hell did she her training in explosive, bomb disposal from, she was just a teenanger when the black out happen. Never mind that both miles and Monroe should look a lot older than they do.
                              As we saw she was with Miles during the last few years he was in the Militia. She could have learned then.

Then Rose, sweet little rose that walk up and down the East coast for a way back to Britain, not only did they kill the only character that didn't kill conventionally means, guns and bows, we are also suppose to buy the idea that even when trade was establish with Europe that she wouldn't have bought her way there to find her children.

Especially as it seems at least England must have not have suffered as much from the blackout, given that Georgia governor thought they had the resources to aid her in her war with Monroe republic. A war several thousand miles away. Which means that her kid would stand a good chance of being alive.
                              Do you mean Maggie? Georgia had communication with England but we don't know to what degree and as we have seen entering the Georgia Federation meant passing through a fence and if you were caught you would be killed. And who said Maggie even knew that ANYONE had contact. She spent years trying to get back before she gave up and then moved into a small secluded village in Wisconsin, she would not have known.

An countless more. They better have pretty good explanation of why they decided to turn the power back off, and why they abandon the tower. And why would the patriots build identical 18th century sailings when our knowledge of the world have evolve quite a bit since then, for example, using kites instead of sails to power there vessels.

This could have been a great show, if they spent time on developing the concept and ideas and characters, an kill off that annoying little brats Charlie and Rachel, two of the most annoying characters on TV. An it seems season 2 will have a large dose of Rachel dealing with her daddy issues.
                              The patriots just nuked Atlanta and Philadelphia, they could have many more agents waiting for the power to come back on to move, probably best to keep it off and save lives. Sail ships are easy to build and maintain and many people would be familiar with it.

Spoiler:
                              I'm thinking the patriots idea is to move through the country getting individual towns to join with them promising to rebuild the US. They could say that the government knows how to get the country back up and running.

Comment

Originally posted by Perelandra View Post
                                Spoiler:
                                Maybe Texas and Plain States weren't perceived as the threat that Atlanta and Georgia were, i.e. they didn't have much in way of tech or manpower Plain states seemed poor and unorganized when Aaron and Rachel were passing through although we haven't seen anything of Texas this season- maybe will be explored next season?
                                Yet early in the season we hear that Texas was more powerful that Monroe republic and the republic gave over there assassin to stop Texas from declaring war and invading.
                                An texas is full of bible bashers, whom I would bet have taken control, giving bible bashers any power is a bad idea in my book.

Comment

Working...
                                X