The Heart of the Truest Believer (301)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mrja84 View Post
    I loved Tamera and I wished Rumpel would stop being so damn Evil. I mean he says he was to be a better man, but now we see him flip-flopping again.
    To be fair, at this point, Rumple believes she murdered his son...

Originally posted by poundpuppy29 View Post
    loved this ep great dialogue but was the Jolly Roger destroyed?
    Nah, they made a point of having Regina say it's reparable.

Personally, I'm glad the Jolly Roger is gone for the moment, since to my eyes, those scenes on the ship were of the poorest quality of the series--I mean in terms of production values. To my eyes, it looked like they were on a fake ship on a soundstage.

It's not like the more elaborate shots in the Enchanted Forrest necessarily look real, but its beautiful OTT oversaturated quality kind of fits with the kind of place it is... The Jolly Roger just looked like a lowish budget TV ship set.
    Last edited by Ripple in Space; 03 October 2013, 05:50 PM.
    sigpic
    "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
    ~David Hewlett

Comment

When pan's ghost pulled out the soul of the guy (gregg) reminded me of the chronicles of riddick.

Comment

Originally posted by Ripple in Space View Post
        To be fair, at this point, Rumple believes she murdered his son...
        Yes, and I didn't believe her for a second when she said she was sorry about Neal. If you recall, she shot him without a bit of pity at all. If I believed someone had murdered my child, I wouldn't think twice.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jeri View Post
          Yes, and I didn't believe her for a second when she said she was sorry about Neal. If you recall, she shot him without a bit of pity at all. If I believed someone had murdered my child, I wouldn't think twice.
          It's that kind of thinking that has lead Rumpel to lose so many in his life. His son only came back as a father to Henry, whom Rumpel has thoughts of killing to protect himself.

Rumpel is consistently thinking about himself. How he feels, how he was wronged, what he's lost.

Comment

Rumplestiltskin parodying himself for no reason(seriously, did he think Pan would not recognize him?) was epic!
            I wonder what they did with his walking cane...
            "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

It's that kind of thinking that has lead Rumpel to lose so many in his life. His son only came back as a father to Henry, whom Rumpel has thoughts of killing to protect himself.

Rumpel is consistently thinking about himself. How he feels, how he was wronged, what he's lost.
              In this case it's an action most would do. Can you honestly say you would not want to kill the person who murdered your child? In that land there is no other justice. We have seen Prince Charming and Snow gladly embark to war.

Rumple's action and motivations are a heightened emotional state brought on by the Dark One curse which unleashes the evil in us all. But we see him evolving into someone who is on a path that will end his curse. He has now gone to save Henry regardless of whatever peril it puts him in, believing it's a suicide mission.

BTW, we already know that Tamara is a killer, in a previous episode she has killed. So it's a mute point if Bae/Neal isn't dead. As far as she and Rumple know, he is.

Rumple's action is not purely selfish, she is a kidnapper! She has delivered Henry to an evil so great that Rumple himself is afraid of. And who Hook calls a demon. How can he let her live? That would put Henry in more danger.
              Last edited by jeri; 07 October 2013, 08:41 AM. Reason: additional thoughts
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rushy View Post
                Rumplestiltskin parodying himself for no reason(seriously, did he think Pan would not recognize him?) was epic!
                I wonder what they did with his walking cane...
                Refresh my memory, how was he parodying himself? Oh, you mean when he said "Dearie" and did his usual pose?

I just took it as him just tired of the facade he usually put on for people.

Comment

Refresh my memory, how was he parodying himself? Oh, you mean when he said "Dearie" and did his usual pose?

I just took it as him just tired of the facade he usually put on for people.
                  Actually in the next ep, they explain that he's trying to become the Dark One again(and failing at it miserably).
                  "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Originally posted by rushy View Post
                    Actually in the next ep, they explain that he's trying to become the Dark One again(and failing at it miserably).
                    Well, I don't think when he did that usual motion as he said "Dearie" was meant as a sincere attempt at being the Dark One, it could be seen as him just not feeling up to being all cheery as he usually is when interacting with anyone as the Dark One.

Comment

Well, I don't think when he did that usual motion as he said "Dearie" was meant as a sincere attempt at being the Dark One, it could be seen as him just not feeling up to being all cheery as he usually is when interacting with anyone as the Dark One.
                      I would say that is because the "Dark one" in himself seems to be gone. Rumple sure has his Powers and is still plenty of Evil, but he is lacking the insane side of him that got lost in the transfer to Storybrook. I wonder if he would ever return to that state if they got back to the enchanted Forest. Speaking of his old self, do you Guys think he still can see possible Futures?
                      Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                      Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
                      There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

Originally posted by tomstone View Post
                        I would say that is because the "Dark one" in himself seems to be gone. Rumple sure has his Powers and is still plenty of Evil, but he is lacking the insane side of him that got lost in the transfer to Storybrook. I wonder if he would ever return to that state if they got back to the enchanted Forest. Speaking of his old self, do you Guys think he still can see possible Futures?
                        I think when the Seer gave him that it was a one-time thing. At the very least he didn't keep that power for very long as he admited it was a curse more than a blessing.

As for his acting, he was plently eveil without acitng like a cheery imp. That's not showing him as insane, he was never insane. His old Rumpel self was acting like that, to me it seemed, like someone playing with their food.

Comment

I think when the Seer gave him that it was a one-time thing. At the very least he didn't keep that power for very long as he admited it was a curse more than a blessing.

As for his acting, he was plently eveil without acitng like a cheery imp. That's not showing him as insane, he was never insane. His old Rumpel self was acting like that, to me it seemed, like someone playing with their food.
                          Don't be daft, of course he kept the seer power. He mentions it to Henry in "Manhattan" and it's also how he finds out about Emma returning to Storybrooke in 28 years' time in "Pilot".

Comment

Then nothing should surprise him and he does seem surprised by how events have unfolded. I highly doubt at this moment he has the seer's powers. I believe he only had it for as long as he needed to get the necessary information to create the curse so it did its job.

If he knew Emma was going to return to Storybrooke, why did he have to ask Snow and Charming her name?

#OffTopic, great signature!

Comment

Then nothing should surprise him and he does seem surprised by how events have unfolded. I highly doubt at this moment he has the seer's powers. I believe he only had it for as long as he needed to get the necessary information to create the curse so it did its job.

If he knew Emma was going to return to Storybrooke, why did he have to ask Snow and Charming her name?

#OffTopic, great signature!
                              I suppose seeing does not include hearing. So he may be able to see different outcomes, but he is missing completly the context since they are all Pictures.

Also I remember the Seer saying that he would learn to differenciate with enough time. So that Power was supposed to be permanent and we have not seen any scene where he got rid of it.

To the insane bit. Sorry, but I use the wrong words at times. All I meant is that this Impish side of him got lost and I find it a bit odd. In Storybrook I could understand why everyone stayed in their cursed Forms like the Fairy Godmother and Rumple for example, but I was expecting him to turn back in a Land of magic.
                              Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                              Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
                              There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

Originally posted by tomstone View Post
                                I suppose seeing does not include hearing. So he may be able to see different outcomes, but he is missing completly the context since they are all Pictures.

Also I remember the Seer saying that he would learn to differenciate with enough time. So that Power was supposed to be permanent and we have not seen any scene where he got rid of it.

To the insane bit. Sorry, but I use the wrong words at times. All I meant is that this Impish side of him got lost and I find it a bit odd. In Storybrook I could understand why everyone stayed in their cursed Forms like the Fairy Godmother and Rumple for example, but I was expecting him to turn back in a Land of magic.
                                Perhaps it's a gradual thing. It doesn't need to happen straight away.

Comment

Working...
                                X