Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Once Upon A Time General Discussion/News/Speculation (spoilers possible)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right, so the original time trave used can't be reused... *ice spikes ever so slowly begin to recede*. Unless the writers and producers just go "You know what ? Screw it, use what we did but make it more magical so it looks like something completely different to the naked eye!"

I recall in the film that Elsa was wrongly insulted by the Duke and called a monster; {honestly, Elsa was completely misunderstood, and rather then stand up for herself she fled. that only let the Duke fuel the flames} And yes Disney confirmed the short film, Frozen Fever, wherein there is another song, and Elsa, Enna, Olaf, Kristoff, and Sven are all in it too. Totally can't wait for that!!

But honestly I want a live action version of Frozen, Disney had done it before {Echanted some folks thought as a new take on the Cinderella story}; AND thanks to OUaT we got the CAST we need for the live action filming!! {they got Frozen on Ice, and a soon to be made musical for Broadway, so why not make a live action version with our OUaT visiting cast ?}

My only hope though is that Elsa can finally take down snow queen on her own and prove herself strong in her own right.

Besides, Elsa is a believer in the truth, in this case, Love Will Thaw. {she at first did not, but now she does, because of what her sister did for her}

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
    "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
    "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Yeah, I rewatched Frozen today since it'd been a couple of months since I saw it. Regina is quite legitimately a monster, or was, if she still is depends on how much she lets the darkness consume her. Think of dark magic in the Once world as a bit like the Dark Side of the Force. But she's a big old fire sorceress among other things, so it would be kind of interesting to see how the Elsa/Snow Queen plot plays out. Especially as Emma and Regina are apparently going to be wandering around the woods in tonight's ep looking for Dairy Queen.

Elsa is in no way dark, but given that the town's experience with magic users have been:

Rumple: Cursed Dark One.
      Regina: (reformed maybe) Homicidal Megalomaniac
      Pan: Homicidal Megalomaniac
      Cora: Homicidal Megalomaniac
      Zelena: Let's just call her a nut case who put the town through hell
      Emma: Who they know and love but barely knows how to control her magic and has been reluctant to use it at all.

That's why Emma was so worried that the town was going to come for Elsa when they heard about the Marian curse.

All magic in the Once world comes at a cost as well. Often quite high.

Comment

And apparently because of her snow and ice magic, Elsa is considered a witchcraft type of magic user. Personally I see her powers as on the Chinese Five Elements of the Spirit Pearls {Air Purity, Water Purity, Earth Purity, Thunder Purity, Fire Purity; when compbined the six Spirit Pearl forms and is known as Holy Spirit Purity.} In this case I see Elsa being more of an Elemental user over wtchcraft user, personally speaking of course.

And yes, Elsa is not a dark magic user at all, she's like Luke Skywalker or Obi-Wan, Always focused on what is good for herself and sister.

Also in that preview from last week for this week, that ghostly thing made me think of Skyrim, and I am also worried for Elsa in tonights episode as well. What is Dairy Queen going to do to her tonight ? {Ice chains!! The heck ??}

"The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

The people of Storybrooke would certainly classify Elsa as a magic user. I agree the specific sort is different, but light magic has been exceedingly rare on the show, so a lot of people in town think Magic=Evil.

But speaking of elemental users, this is Regina's favored attack method... (spoiler tag for screencaps)

Attached Files

Comment

Mhm, Regina and Elsa both remind me of Skyrim in their magical abilites {in this case Fire based for Regina and Frost/Ice based for Elsa}

Is it sad I made BOTH Regina AND Elsa for Skyrim in the past month ? *stops standing up as she has to sleep else her kids will try to kill her {got 15 kitties that I refer to as my kids, so yeah....}*

Comment

Not surprised. THey are convenient magic users for a lot of RPGs. I had a Vampire the Masquerade character a lot like Regina long before the show. And Elsa is loosely based on the Hans Christian Anderson story.

You sound very excited about Frozen. I'm glad. I'm glad the show seems to have attracted a fair number of new viewers because of it. I really hope they stay around. One of the things I like about it is the fact that despite being fairy tale characters, they're also so incredibly human. I also love that the show can take often two dimensional archetypes that are hundreds of years old and make them into something very modern.

Part of me is okay that they haven't twisted the Frozen characters they way they would normally be expected to because they are really modern disney with dimensionality preexisting that the old fairy tale characters don't. I mean Snow White in the original versions is a young teenager who can be tempted by something like beautiful apples.

Comment

OK; saw the promo for next week: and it only raises confusion for me over anything else. In this case, time keeping. We see the Coronation Dress {I will be honest, I fainted from the sheer prettiness!!} But in the terms of keeping time, How far back are they going now ? We saw the coronation dress in the film until Elsa took it down to its bare moloecular structiure before making her current dress. So what exactly is going on now ??

More questions than answers I guess. Or rather more confusion for me at least.

Comment

Well, flashbacks on this show have only rarely been in order. They jump around a lot. So it may be a flashback to before the movie.

Comment

But that particular flashback MUST refer to the note in the bottle then just before Elsa is crowned queen ?

Did that make any sense ?

Comment

It may. I mean the movie itself takes significant time jumps. I mean there is the period when they are really little, there is the period when Elsa is locked away but their parents are still alive. There is the time between the death of their parents and the coronation (3 years I watched the movie today). So the flashback could actually have been between the parents death and the coronation which was when she was wearing that dress.

Comment

True the movie itself takes time jumps to proper periods. In fact the timeframe for the Frozen Storyline in OUaT takes place two years after the events of the movie.

Spoiler:
                        Concerning next weeks episode, I managed to translate only scant info from Idun's last letter to her children. I got only this; "Do not trust him{?}, Do not go near it {the urn is mentioned here}" along with "If you find it, detroy it!" and finally "We love you Elsa, Anna{?}" Part of Annas name is cut off in the camera angle; then under that it says "Elsa, be a go...{?}" I'm assuming that her mother and father hope she leads properly.

I was able to translate that much from a brief careful glance. there's some words and numbers I can't make head or tail of though.

Comment

Thank you for the translation. Is it written in Norwegian?

Comment

Angarthas yes; its a font I have on my laptop, spent the better part of a WEEK trying to find it. {two versions, Angarthas, and Angarthas Moria} Apparently, Idun wrote in Angarthas Moria because I was easier to understand most of it until some words weresingle letters that I could not translate whatsoever.

So yeah I think Norse runes; though personally I prefer Kudzul myself because it sounds cooler

EDIT: you're welcome btw;I saw the promo and went "I GOT THAT FONT *translates and writes it similar to Gandalf reading the Book of Marzabul*"

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer View Post
                              Question about Once: Family Feud. When you are picking teams does being dead count? Because I bet Cora and Zelena would be really interesting on a team. Or Pan.
                              If we went with the dead we could get on team rumpy
                              Pan (rumble's dad)
                              Rumple
                              Neil/bale fire
                              Henry
                              and Belle

Then on the opposite team we could have
                              Regina
                              Cora
                              Emma
                              Snow
                              Prince charming

Everything in the flashbacks of the Frozen storyline (Anna in the Enchanted Forest, Elsa going after her but before she ends up in the urn) occurs before the first curse. The Storybrooke present time events take place after the breaking of the second curse.
                              Fischer.. Nice timeline rundown.

Comment

Thanks. I think given the previews for next week's episode suggest that the flashback events of 4.06 occur before Skin Deep. But without reference two Snow, Charming, Ruby or the Dwarfs it's actually quite hard to place the EF flashbacks in some sort of order. I'd be inclined to think that Elsa ended up in the urn before Anna returned to Arendelle.

Comment

Working...
                                X