Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Once Upon A Time General Discussion/News/Speculation (spoilers possible)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Personally speaking I do not think Elsa is getting any sleep; too many nightmares {think about being inside an urn, in a dreamlike state. Uh... here for example http://fav.me/d82m9s4 Unable to figure out where you are or wake up. Just whiteness, and memories haunting you constantly} And then there you have it.

But that's just me thinknig that. For all I know if I'm right I might claim royalites on the plot. Maybe.

Or maybe Elsa is too focused on finding Anna and a way back home to really care about sleeping ?

EDIT: before you ask; yes I made that image

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
    "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
    "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

I'm REALLY wondering about the how she can get home. She was in the urn at LEAST 30 years and maybe as much as 35 depending on how much time takes place between David becoming Prince James and the casting of the first curse.

Comment

OK, time wise; you just threw me off, 30 years in the thing ? OK yeah, Elsa would indeed be peeved off for sure then upon getting free!! I'm thinking; personally, at least five years at the most; it does not take long for a sheperd to become a prince to the right woman!

"The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Just curious, have you been watching Once from the beginning or did you just come in for the Frozen storyline? Not disrespectful, just trying to figure out how much you might need to have explained.

There is 28 years from the first curse, and we know that she went into the urn before the first curse. She was in there at some point around the time David first became a Prince but it's not clear how much time elapsed between when he first met Snow White (in the season 3 final) and when they gave birth to Emma (in the Pilot). I'm guessing a couple of years for all the events to unfold but I could be wrong. It's been about 2 years in show time since time started again in the pilot. So that means she's been away from her kingdom at least 30 and maybe as much as 35 years.

Now she did not experience all that time in the urn because she time traveled in the urn, but she did have to have spent a couple of years in the urn herself (even with the time travel) if she perceived time in there.

Comment

Second curse actually according to some interviews and on the wiki; After the second curse is setup; Elsa is somehow in the urn at that time. So thirty years is a bit out there for my liking. Elsa wont be happy, I know I'm not. So the second curse seems more plausible to me for her to have been entrapped.

Apparently it is around the time of the second curse being cast when she ends up in the urn I assume.

How long ago was the second curse cast ?

I got hooked on OUaT upon seeing teasers and previews and promo photos so I started from ep one of the first season, still waiting for the third season to get on shelf for me to pick up.

EDIT: Ok the wiki is too hard to figure out timekeeping; geez no years or months or dates/times anything. Gah!

Comment

Originally posted by Princess Awinita View Post

EDIT: Ok the wiki is too hard to figure out timekeeping; geez no years or months or dates/times anything. Gah!
              It's because they've never put concrete years in any of the flashbacks. The problem is that the third season final/time travel story where she's in the urn and gets pulled into Storybrooke takes place before the first curse. She was in Rumple's dark vault during the events of 3.21/3.22 (and pre timeline change 1.03). No way was she put into it between the curses.

Second curse only lasts a few weeks. Season 3A (the first eleven eps) take place over the course of about 10 days at most. The events of 3B (the second eleven) take place over the course of a maximum of a few weeks. There is a 1 year gap between 3A and 3B.

EDIT: The second curse runs the course of 3B.

Comment

And the first curse lasted 28 years because of Emma, this I recall in season one, I do not think time can be preciveed within the urn, so for all Elsa knows, she's timelost and used to her own stuff. Man, I really hope she gets home to the right timeline good and properly.

So wait; everything that happens during the frozen storyline take place BEFORE the first curse {Tale of Two Sisters} and after the second curse {White Out} ?

New question: Does time even go by in the Enchanted Forest to begin with ?

Comment

Everything in the flashbacks of the Frozen storyline (Anna in the Enchanted Forest, Elsa going after her but before she ends up in the urn) occurs before the first curse. The Storybrooke present time events take place after the breaking of the second curse.

Timeline goes something like this...

A-The girls parents die in the wreck (the movie and Tale of Two Sisters)
                  B-The events of the movie happen
                  C-Anna is engaged, heads to the enchanted forest before her wedding.
                  D-Elsa follows
                  E-Anna has her adventures in the enchanted forest (with David and Rumple)
                  F-David is made Prince James (Season 1, the Shepard)
                  G-He meets Snow White (Events of the season three final)
                  H-Time Travel Happens (so she has to be in the urn now and sometime before the events of F)
                  I-Snow and David run around, sleeping curses happen, cavorting with dwarfs happens ect.
                  J-Snow is woken from the Sleeping Curse, she and David wage war on King George and the Evil Queen. Defeat both.
                  K-The queen threatens snow on her wedding day.
                  L-9 months later the baby is born, First Curse.
                  M-First curse lasts 28 years
                  N-1 year for the contemporary events of season 1
                  O-Somewhere between a couple of months and a couple of weeks for the events of season 2 (I favor months).
                  P-10 days for the Neverland plot 3A
                  Q-1 year passes where Emma and Henry are in New York and everyone else is in the Enchanted Forest.
                  R-A few weeks passes during the second curse. Maybe a month or two.
                  S-Second curse broken, events of 3.18 through 3.22 occur in a two day period, including the time travel and Elsa's arrival.
                  T-Contemporary Season 4.

Edit: I liked season 3 a lot, it's actually my favorite season, but other than the time travel that happens in the last two episodes your 2 seasons of watching should be enough to follow that. But I'm a Regina fangirl and I love her redemption arc in that season.
                  Last edited by Major Fischer; 26 October 2014, 01:07 AM.

Comment

OK; I think it makes sense now. According to the wiki the timeline for the second curse lasted exactly 8 months before it too was broken.

OK, so, the memories of Arendelle happen during the events leading up to the first curse; I'm under the assuming that Elsa ended up in the urn somehow just before the first curse began {trapped into the urn, then delivered to Rumps, he puts it in his dark vault where time does not touch anything in there, from what I understand the first curse itself does not touch anything in there too ? Or does it become his shop ?? {never could figure that part out}}, like maybe a day or two BEFORE the curse was cast on Emmas birthday {"Pilot"}

I don't think time passes inside the urn, so for Elsa for all she knew {were she released in her own home} it'd been a few minutes maybe a day to her inside the urn ? Feel free to correct if I'm wrong I'm just assuming here is all.

And thank you Major Fischer, your timeline tracker here is extremely helpful for me to figure out the wiki *hugs*

Comment

She has to have been in the urn quite a bit before Emma's birthday in the pilot, because she travels from the past to Storybrooke in the urn right after the events of Snow Falls (1.03). Basically the season 3 final/time travel thing is a rewrite of Charming and Snow's first meeting.

I think you are right that time doesn't pass for her in the urn. Just that a LOT of time passed outside of it.

EDIT: And not a problem. I've literally just watched the entire show recently so it's all fresh.

Comment

I should add that 8 months for the events of the second curse seems like a rather long time to me. They spend a while chasing the Oz plot but there isn't a lot of room for between episode space there.

Comment

Well, the OZ plot, the year in New York. etc. All sorts of time is convoluted that it is hard to follow, but thanks to your setup, I figured out some of it

And yeah, I do notthink any time passed for Elsa inside the urn itself; she was just either wandering aimlessly around like in my image that I made, or just stuck in a dreamstate, personally I like the idea of the Animus whiteroom/loading screen myself as it feels the most like in a state between wakefulness and dreaming.

And personally I really hope that there is some way, no strings attached, for Elsa to get back home where she belongs. I personally am rooting for stargems {if you wonder what they are, read the fanfiction story titled The Hobbit & The Snow Queen; wherein Elsa finds herself helping 13 Dwarves, a Wizard, and a Hobbit reclaim the Lonely Mountain. Its a VERY well written crossover. I personally enjoyed it}

Comment

I'm actually reasonably positive that one of the conditions of the Frozen characters appearing on Once is that they have to end up back where they are supposed to be in their correct timeline at the end. After all, nothing in the events in Once can interfere with Frozen 2.

Maybe the Hat as a Magical McGuffin, because they really can't just repeat the same time travel spell that happened at the end of season 3. Regina isn't loaning her heart out and I don't think anyone's putting any newborns on the line.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer View Post
                              I'm actually reasonably positive that one of the conditions of the Frozen characters appearing on Once is that they have to end up back where they are supposed to be in their correct timeline at the end. After all, nothing in the events in Once can interfere with Frozen 2.

Maybe the Hat as a Magical McGuffin, because they really can't just repeat the same time travel spell that happened at the end of season 3. Regina isn't loaning her heart out and I don't think anyone's putting any newborns on the line.
                              Oo....... Not asking!

I personally hope..... wait, Frozen II ?? Seriously Disney comfirmed that ?? Oh iceshards they gotta make that movie a live action film {Think about it a second! Georgina Haig as Elsa, {Idina as singing voice though}, Elizabeth Lail as Anna, the same guys for Kristoff and Hans repsectively, and then we need either Sir Ian Holm or Christopher Lee for the Duke of Weselton!! Its perfect! We've our live action FROZEN cast now!!}

Anyhow back on topic: Yes, I personally am leaning towards stargems myself to send Elsa back home good and proper. {maybe its
                              Spoiler:
                              The defeating of the Snow Queen, Ingrid, Elsas self proclaimed aunt that activates a timeportal or some such to send Elsa back to Arendelle where she belongs ?
                              } And yes, the producers {I think it was Adam that said it in the interview} said that the entire Frozen storyline was to be considered the "Most expensive fanfiction story ever.... of All time"

And amazingly Didn't Ressurection get cancelled or was that a different show ?

EDIT: *ice spikes form on her bed here due to mention of that.... pointy thing.....*

Comment

Than I wont explain it.

Just assume that the original time travel plot device can't be reused.

Disney's CEO has confirmed a short next year, and that there will be a Frozen 2, but no release date because animation takes a very long time. So one would have to assume animation.

Personally I really want to see Elsa and Regina interact, since they are the two magic users called monsters (once legitimately and one not), and I'm not sure how Regina would react to another queen in being around. We only got the short interaction around Marian in 4.03 and that was more about her being angry with Emma.

EDIT: Resurrection airs after Once at 9PM EST on Sundays, but both it and Revenge (Sundays at 10PM EST) are currently running iffy ratings.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...nceled/315834/ is good way to see how ABC shows are doing relative to each other right now. That site publishes new rankings every tuesday afternoon.

Comment

Working...
                                X