Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Once Upon A Time General Discussion/News/Speculation (spoilers possible)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dragongirl View Post
    I agree but I am not sure if online views go to ratings
    I recently saw that Facebook is going to be working with Neilson to help keep tab of online views and mentions and all that.
    sigpic

Comment

It would be nice if they do I mean with so many people getting rid of reg tv and watching everything online it is only right to count those views
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dragongirl View Post
        It would be nice if they do I mean with so many people getting rid of reg tv and watching everything online it is only right to count those views
        That is a myth
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

I know a few people who do that they have not had cable or sat for almost 2 years and they are not the only ones. Pretty much everything that is on tv is online within 24 hours so it isn't hard to do. I have thought of doing it.
          sigpic

Comment

I know a few people who raise cattle. Everyone must be doing that. Their is no arguing that content is online shortly after airing on TV but the belief that a large amount of people are watching their TV on the Internet is false
            Jelgate is right

Comment

I watch shows online if I miss the live airing (like if I had school).
              sigpic
              Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

I never said everyone is doing it I just know that more people are doing it because it is cheaper and there the rating need to change with the times.
                sigpic

Comment

Last time I checked 85% of TV viewers still watch the traditional way. Not really significant
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Which is less than a year or two ago as more time goes on that number will go down more heck if the local news streamed live when it aired I would probably cut my wires too. I am just saying that online views should be counted with the ratings in the UK they are taking online views into account and the US should do the same
                    sigpic

Comment

Advertisers are starting to take note

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                      That is a myth
                      Not a myth

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                      Last time I checked 85% of TV viewers still watch the traditional way. Not really significant
                      15% would likely be considered significant by most advertisers. Considering that of the assumed 15% I would imagine the majority are under 35.

While the majority of people still watch tv via cable\satellite broadcast, I tend to agree that the online watching segment is becoming big enough to be noticed. I probably watch 20% of my tv via the web, but maybe only 5% of new content.

Facebook-Neilson Partnership

Nielsen, a renowned TV rating company is looking to collaborate with Facebook in order to track what viewers see on their respective devices. Nielsen had been focusing on the TV viewership tracking but, in the recent past, they are not able to find the accurate viewing habits, thanks to the age of smartphones.
                      sigpic

Comment

Neilson does need to adapt to keep up with the times.

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman View Post
                          Advertisers are starting to take note

Not a myth

15% would likely be considered significant by most advertisers. Considering that of the assumed 15% I would imagine the majority are under 35.

While the majority of people still watch tv via cable\satellite broadcast, I tend to agree that the online watching segment is becoming big enough to be noticed. I probably watch 20% of my tv via the web, but maybe only 5% of new content.

Facebook-Neilson Partnership
                          Are you familiar with the term spin? Just because Neilson is doing something does not make it count. Nielson has been counting Live +7 numbers for years but most advertisers will tell you those numbers are pretty useless as DVRers tend to skip the commercials. When you consider you need millions for a show to be successful, the online viewing numbers aren't there yet
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Well, 20 days to go till the start of S4.

Comment

First time in this area of the forums and I will mention a small spoiler here......

Spoiler:
                              It has not yet been fully confirmed yet it is confirmed that Hans from Frozen is most likely the bad guy of the season for season 4 of OUaT; it is also extremely possible that he has something to do with Elsa being in the urn and how she got there in the first place

Your thoughts folks ?

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                              "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                              "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Originally posted by Princess Awinita View Post
                                First time in this area of the forums and I will mention a small spoiler here......

Spoiler:
                                It has not yet been fully confirmed yet it is confirmed that Hans from Frozen is most likely the bad guy of the season for season 4 of OUaT; it is also extremely possible that he has something to do with Elsa being in the urn and how she got there in the first place

Your thoughts folks ?
                                The previews make it seem like Elsa is the bad witch, but your information makes more sense. If only my 3 year old daughter were older, I think she'd enjoy this season!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X