Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Once Upon A Time General Discussion/News/Speculation (spoilers possible)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fumblesmcstupid View Post
    Maybe he is one of the Grimm Brothers? Seeing how they adapted a lot of the fairy tales to the stories we know and love. My two cents worth.
    Thats the thing I was kind of afraid off ever since OUAT and Grimm started. Its just that the Book is 26 Years old at its best. The Stories where around much longer than that. Some of them are from the Grimms, a conclusion would be that the Grimms got there at some time and brought back these Stories, but they all have their happy end. As if these events are in a endless loop.

At least so far it seems that the rest of their reality is like ours where everyone knows these Fairy Tales, but noone believes they are actually true.
    Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
    Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
    There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

I have to stick with my original theory that the writer is
      Spoiler:
      a reference to Stephen King who lives in Maine and writes on an old typewriter. These are the guys from Lost, where everything has some connection or reference to something. Quite a joke.
      As to what the writer will do, who knows?
      When the curse stopped time, everyone was effected, except Henry. Now I wonder if there are children born in Storybrooke since, and they would not be affected, based on Henry not being effected and aging normally. Of coarse as Henry is only 10 years old, he may only now be becoming aware of the strangeness of his town. Mary Margret giving him the book at this point. Would he have noticed before if he was the only child aging in town?
      sigpic

Comment

Another thing that some of you younger folks may be missing, is that so much of the props, cars, clothes, and such are much older styles. You know I remember when Mr. Gold's ties and shirt colors were the new thing. For younger folks, everything old is new again.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jeri View Post
          I have to stick with my original theory that the writer is
          Spoiler:
          a reference to Stephen King who lives in Maine and writes on an old typewriter. These are the guys from Lost, where everything has some connection or reference to something. Quite a joke.
          As to what the writer will do, who knows?
          When the curse stopped time, everyone was effected, except Henry. Now I wonder if there are children born in Storybrooke since, and they would not be affected, based on Henry not being effected and aging normally. Of coarse as Henry is only 10 years old, he may only now be becoming aware of the strangeness of his town. Mary Margret giving him the book at this point. Would he have noticed before if he was the only child aging in town?
          That could also be and I cant wait to see which way the Series will go with him. Though I cant stress enough that I dont want this Series to go the Lost route. I got into that Series about 3 Seasons before it ended and even I felt screwed by the end. Some come up with genius ways to look at it, for me it stays a copout for to many contradictions that where never thought through to begin with.

Henry is half outsider, with his mother being excluded from the Curse. So that makes him pretty much immune while he still belongs somewhat. A kid can accept many things when they know nothing else, just let him change classes alot and he wont notice for a long time. Maybe Henry was shaking the Curse a bit on his own and that was what made Mary give him the book.

Another thing that some of you younger folks may be missing, is that so much of the props, cars, clothes, and such are much older styles. You know I remember when Mr. Gold's ties and shirt colors were the new thing. For younger folks, everything old is new again.
          You make even me feel old.
          Last edited by tomstone; 06 February 2012, 09:18 AM.
          Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
          Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald

Comment

Henry wasn't born in Storybrook so of course he's unaffected by the curse. It was Gold who brought him back to the town when Regina wanted to adopt a child and asked for his help. I wonder if that's because she was unable to carry one herself (with no time passing) and knew it was because of her curse, otherwise she could have just let that sheriff or someone else knock her up.
            Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
            Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
            On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

I'm thinking with 28 years of sitting around in Storybrooke, surely a few kids would be born. It is an interesting question, would those new children of those under the curse be effected by the curse too? I lean towards not. Or, if these people are not aging, would they even be able to have children under this curse? Maybe not. That's what is fun about these kind of shows, all the speculation.
              {edit}Right fems, how could they have kids if no one ages? So how long was poor Ashley pregnant anyway? 28 years!!! OMG! Good thing she was unaware of that!
              sigpic

Comment

No, because that one girl... what's her name again, the pregnant one seemed to have been pregnant from before the curse, back in the fairy tale world.
                Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

{edit}Right fems, how could they have kids if no one ages? So how long was poor Ashley pregnant anyway? 28 years!!! OMG! Good thing she was unaware of that!
                  Lets just call her Cinderella.
                  OMG, I never thought of that. She must have been through hell! Imagine Henry growing up and noticing her Years before that. He will never get a woman pregnant after seeing one being pregnant for Years.
                  Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                  Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald

Comment

Originally posted by tomstone View Post
                    Lets just call her Cinderella.
                    OMG, I never thought of that. She must have been through hell! Imagine Henry growing up and noticing her Years before that. He will never get a woman pregnant after seeing one being pregnant for Years.
                    I'm really trying NOT to imagine being pregnant for years!

So when Henry got the book, it all must have become suddenly clear to him. Had to be a profound moment to motivate a 10 year old to go traveling to find his mom.
                    sigpic

Comment

I'm really trying NOT to imagine being pregnant for years!

So when Henry got the book, it all must have become suddenly clear to him. Had to be a profound moment to motivate a 10 year old to go traveling to find his mom.
                      I just realised that Henry found Emma through Mr. Gold. He and Regina are the only ones that know about this. So I wonder, did he make a Deal with Henry and thats why he knows so well that someone shouldn´t owe him favours?
                      Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                      Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald

Comment

I'm thinking with 28 years of sitting around in Storybrooke, surely a few kids would be born. It is an interesting question, would those new children of those under the curse be effected by the curse too? I lean towards not. Or, if these people are not aging, would they even be able to have children under this curse? Maybe not. That's what is fun about these kind of shows, all the speculation.

This makes me wonder that what it likes in Storybrooke before Emma is back to town. because the clock is running again when she is back. so, before that People just freeze where they are? It's been 8.15 pm for 28 years!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BamBoo View Post
                          This makes me wonder that what it likes in Storybrooke before Emma is back to town. because the clock is running again when she is back. so, before that People just freeze where they are? It's been 8.15 pm for 28 years!
                          The Clock only started running after she got a room Key. Up to that Day everyone in Storybrooke just followed their routines and lifed a normal life besides the fact that no one aged. You can compare it to a Endless dream.
                          Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                          Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald

Comment

We saw early on that Henry has a computer hooked up to the internet. That's how he tracked down Emma with using Mary Margret's credit card on a people finder site. So he had to be somewhat aware of the discrepancies between Storybrooke and the rest of the world, and getting the book made things clear to him. So however the curse works, it makes everyone effected by it somehow ignore the passage of time. tomstone's idea of an endless dream is a good analogy.
                            I'm waiting for Emma to start seriously asking these folks about their pasts, she will find they all have some kind of mass amnesia. LOL!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tomstone View Post
                              I just realised that Henry found Emma through Mr. Gold. He and Regina are the only ones that know about this. So I wonder, did he make a Deal with Henry and thats why he knows so well that someone shouldn´t owe him favours?
                              I don't think Henry would ever make a deal with him. He is always warning Emma not to trust him. Just think of what he said, when Emma told him that Gold would be her ally and his reaction
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by teyla-nick94 View Post
                                I don't think Henry would ever make a deal with him. He is always warning Emma not to trust him. Just think of what he said, when Emma told him that Gold would be her ally and his reaction
                                Why shouldnt he make a Deal with him? He could have done it before understanding who Mr. Gold actually is.
                                Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                                Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald

Comment

Working...
                                X