Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Once Upon A Time General Discussion/News/Speculation (spoilers possible)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
    Snow doesn't look like the age to be Henry's grandmother but she is. Aging does not seem to apply in Storybroke. I don't believe the writer is Rumplestilskin son beacause all of the fairy world characters go Storybroke when the curse was unleashed

Originally posted by fems View Post
    They are all still the same age as they were in the fairy tale world because time was frozen in Storybrook, until Emma came along. Remember the clock?...
    One tiny detail I think that has been forgotten about regarding this *age* thing, is very simple.
    When Hansel and Gretel appeared in both fairytale land AND the real world -- they were both the same age in both worlds. That should solve the question of aging for everyone else (except those living outside of fairytale land).

As for the writer's age being near 40 or possibly younger, there *are* some folks who age very nicely and at the age of 40 only look like they are 30-something (up to ten years younger). Key ingredient is in the skin tone (is it soft and supple or showing signs of withering / full of wrinkles?)

Comment

Originally posted by SGalisa View Post
      One tiny detail I think that has been forgotten about regarding this *age* thing, is very simple.
      When Hansel and Gretel appeared in both fairytale land AND the real world -- they were both the same age in both worlds. That should solve the question of aging for everyone else (except those living outside of fairytale land).

As for the writer's age being near 40 or possibly younger, there *are* some folks who age very nicely and at the age of 40 only look like they are 30-something (up to ten years younger). Key ingredient is in the skin tone (is it soft and supple or showing signs of withering / full of wrinkles?)
      Thing is that many are afraid to open the Spoilers, while I for example just use them to discuss stuff that others may not know from the most recent Episodes. We already established that the Curse has its effects, but there are different exceptions to it and the Writer seems to be one of these exceptions. So we are just trying to figure out how he could be different from the rest before the Episodes get to it. Its just Theories.
      Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
      Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
      There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

Quoting previous info in spoilers for space

Spoiler:

Originally posted by tomstone View Post
        I think the question we are all asking ourselfs is, if he really does not belong to Storybrooke. We dont know enough to make assumptions, but Henry made clear that Outsiders dont come to Storybrooke. So I keep thinking about some story that I might have forgotten where someone loved to write, but in my memory there is none. I guess we will have to wait and see, but I dont think he is with Regina. Simply because she was honestly concerned when she saw him talking to Henry.

That could be her con-artist being again, but she reacted in a way that kind of said "Who is he talking too? I dont know him"

Just another option that I will put in Spoiler Tag, just to be sure I dont Spoil.
        Spoiler:
        I keep thinking that he really might be Rumpels Son, but I cant put the Puzzle together. Guessing that Rumpels Son joined the Fight in Fairy Tale World and after the transfer to our World got sent to some Warzone in our World, he could have found his way there, but why does he know stuff he shouldnt?

As said, for the short time after he arrived, he took the Book from a hidden Place just at the right time. As I said he probably is not with Regina, so how did he know who to follow or where to look? Someone or Something is guiding him.
        and if Rumplestilskin's son went off to war at the age of 13 or 14
        Spoiler:
        and was allowed to exist for years and years outside of fairytale land's curse zone... I'm not sure the theory would fly if Rumplestilskin's son is really older than he would appear. Besides, the hair coloring and texture of the writer (light brown) is definitely different than Rumplestilskin's son's (nearly blackish brown) hair was.
        therefore, continuing with the swirling speculations...

Originally posted by fems View Post
        But then he would be about what, ten years older than Emma? And they look to be about the same age.
        well...

Thing is that many are afraid to open the Spoilers, while I for example just use them to discuss stuff that others may not know from the most recent Episodes. We already established that the Curse has its effects, but there are different exceptions to it and the Writer seems to be one of these exceptions. So we are just trying to figure out how he could be different from the rest before the Episodes get to it. Its just Theories.
        Since I do not have time to invest more into these conversations, I thought I'd just shed some light on the aging process and how it shows up on some people. I know people who are heavy smokers and appear to look 40-ish by the time they are 30 years old. In the other extreme, a non-smoker who has taken as good care of their skin as much as possible can actually be 40 and yet appear to look a young 30-ish.

{edit}Key to good (anti-aging) skin tone is mostly how well a person takes care of themself (whether they smoke or not.. one of my sisters was a heavy smoker and dedicated sun-tanner.. her skin withered badly into wrinkles before she was 30). That is often how some actors used to be picked for their roles, and why a 26 year old can play a 17-year old (a Roswell Tv actor did just that -- not sure if he smoked or not, but his age range was broad. Hair styles also help, too).

As for my own theories on why the writer can come from the outside and enter, aside from Henry's idea that Emma is changing history --- the writer is --- (drum roll!!=)
        Spoiler:
        exactly who he says he is -- a Writer! (Surprise!)
        I used to have the same typewriter type he showed up with, except mine was black. His is brown. The only magic his typewriter has (which I believe it is an ancient manual version!) is that he probably has the ability to type on it with all ten fingers. I was a 2 or 3 fingered typist -- 4 or 6 including both hands...

The reason why he can come and go at will within Storybrooke, is most likely because HE is directly connected to the fairytales, but that's because *he* WROTE them, himself. Maybe all of these stories, including the real world, are actually events occurring within his (the writer's) own mind or imagination, or dream sleep.

Why he took Henry's book, maybe he followed Henry -- or maybe the writer just knew Henry hid it, simply because the writer is the writer of the stories (ALL of them, real world too), and therefore knew the details on what is where, etc.

Also, if anything *bad* might ever happen to the writer guy, himself, maybe it's because he is dreaming / imagining it in his real world, which is really somewhere else -- not Storybrooke at all. The folks he sees are all friends, neighbors, acquaintances, etc., sort of like what Dorothy experienced in the original Wizard of Oz (1939 movie version).

Hope that made sense.
        Last edited by SGalisa; 04 February 2012, 05:34 PM. Reason: added info for clarification

Comment

Quoting previous info in spoilers for space

Spoiler:

and if Rumplestilskin's son went off to war at the age of 13 or 14
          Spoiler:
          and was allowed to exist for years and years outside of fairytale land's curse zone... I'm not sure the theory would fly if Rumplestilskin's son is really older than he would appear. Besides, the hair coloring and texture of the writer (light brown) is definitely different than Rumplestilskin's son's (nearly blackish brown) hair was.
          therefore, continuing with the swirling speculations...

well...

Since I do not have time to invest more into these conversations, I thought I'd just shed some light on the aging process and how it shows up on some people. I know people who are heavy smokers and appear to look 40-ish by the time they are 30 years old. In the other extreme, a non-smoker who has taken as good care of their skin as much as possible can actually be 40 and yet appear to look a young 30-ish. That is often how some actors used to be picked for their roles, and why a 26 year old can play a 17-year old (a Roswell Tv actor did just that).

As for my own theories on why the writer can come from the outside and enter, aside from Henry's idea that Emma is changing history --- the writer is --- (drum roll!!=)
          Spoiler:
          exactly who he says he is -- a Writer! (Surprise!)
          I used to have the same typewriter type he showed up with, except mine was black. His is brown. The only magic his typewriter has (which I believe it is an ancient manual version!) is that he probably has the ability to type on it with all ten fingers. I was a 2 or 3 fingered typist -- 4 or 6 including both hands...

The reason why he can come and go at will within Storybrooke, is most likely because HE is directly connected to the fairytales, but that's because *he* WROTE them, himself. Maybe all of these stories, including the real world, are actually events occurring within his (the writer's) own mind or imagination, or dream sleep.

Why he took Henry's book, maybe he followed Henry -- or maybe the writer just knew Henry hid it, simply because the writer is the writer of the stories (ALL of them, real world too), and therefore knew the details on what is where, etc.

Also, if anything *bad* might ever happen to the writer guy, himself, maybe it's because he is dreaming / imagining it in his real world, which is really somewhere else -- not Storybrooke at all. The folks he sees are all friends, neighbors, acquaintances, etc., sort of like what Dorothy experienced in the original Wizard of Oz (1939 movie version).

Hope that made sense.
          Lol, yeah it makes perfect sense.
          Spoiler:
          That sounds more or less like the route Lost took. I never really understood the ending, I just felt screwed.
          Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
          Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald

Comment

Lol, yeah it makes perfect sense.
            Spoiler:
            That sounds more or less like the route Lost took. I never really understood the ending, I just felt screwed.
            reply...
            Spoiler:
            just gotta remember this series is being done by the same writers of LOST, so it's possible they may take a similar route. Maybe the writer guy is in a coma and imagining all of this, which is why he could be both the writer of Henry's fairytale book and the writer guy in Storybrooke's so called real-world.

Whatever the situation is, it doesn't bother me if the actual writers to this series is taking a Dorothy --Wizard of Oz-- hit on the head from the tornado route.. Ooooo! The curse began with a tornado like effect, too... hmmm.. a possible clue?

Personally, I like reading the actual Storybrooke secrets (parallels to each character and world they live within) on the ABC web site, as well as the connections to hidden details on the IMDb site for this series. What drives me crazy is the amount of endless comments into a million different directions about who is who, etc., and why. That's why I really don't want to get too ensconced with too much commenting of my own in here.

I'd rather you all run with your ideas and let the actual Tv show live itself out.
            To me, it's just mindless (fantasy) entertainment (sometimes with lavish sets / costumes) filling in an hour of my week with something to escape from my own (horrid) real world with.

BTW, my sister, who talked me into watching this series, also agrees 100% with my theory on who the writer guy is.

Comment

^I was thinking about the writer, and I agree with those who think that
              Spoiler:
              he is actually a writer, but I don't think that everything is in his head(because I really don't want it to be in his head lol, but it could be). I think he wrote Henry's book, and that he either wrote, or inspired others to write, the fairy tales in the real world, based on things he'd seen in the fairy tale world.
              He could have found a way between the two worlds(maybe with the help of someone in the Fairy Tale world?) when he was a child(a long time ago in the real world). Maybe time passed differently in both worlds(kind of like in Narnia, but maybe here, time in the real world moves faster than the fairy tale world). He could have been in his mid to late teens the last time he was in the fairy tale world(he looks like he could be in his late 30's early 40's now, to me), he heard about the curse and left(leaving his/Henery's book behind) before it(the curse) reached him. He could have come out at the around the same time, but not the same place as baby Emma.
              Maybe he came to Storybrook now because Emma's there and he couldn't until she got things moving again. He said(?or implies) he's been there before, but no one seems to know him, so that makes me think that the last time he was in Storybrook was before the curse.
              I don't know lol, that's all I could come up with to try to explain the writer/visitor, his interest in the book, and some fairy tales in the real world; and it probably doesn't make much sense. . I'm really looking forward to finding out what happens next on this show.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
                ^I was thinking about the writer, and I agree with those who think that
                Spoiler:
                he is actually a writer, but I don't think that everything is in his head(because I really don't want it to be in his head lol, but it could be). I think he wrote Henry's book, and that he either wrote, or inspired others to write, the fairy tales in the real world, based on things he'd seen in the fairy tale world.
                He could have found a way between the two worlds(maybe with the help of someone in the Fairy Tale world?) when he was a child(a long time ago in the real world). Maybe time passed differently in both worlds(kind of like in Narnia, but maybe here, time in the real world moves faster than the fairy tale world). He could have been in his mid to late teens the last time he was in the fairy tale world(he looks like he could be in his late 30's early 40's now, to me), he heard about the curse and left(leaving his/Henery's book behind) before it(the curse) reached him. He could have come out at the around the same time, but not the same place as baby Emma.
                Maybe he came to Storybrook now because Emma's there and he couldn't until she got things moving again. He said(?or implies) he's been there before, but no one seems to know him, so that makes me think that the last time he was in Storybrook was before the curse.
                I don't know lol, that's all I could come up with to try to explain the writer/visitor, his interest in the book, and some fairy tales in the real world; and it probably doesn't make much sense. . I'm really looking forward to finding out what happens next on this show.
                There is just one problem with the Book. Its to detailed including Pictures to be written by someone. The Writer would have had to write that book after the Curse happened. I was always under the Impression that the Book is somewhat a byproduct created by the Curse.
                Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald

Comment

There is just one problem with the Book. Its to detailed including Pictures to be written by someone. The Writer would have had to write that book after the Curse happened. I was always under the Impression that the Book is somewhat a byproduct created by the Curse.
                  That's true I guess, unless he was an amazing artist and writer at a young age or had some kind of aid in writing it. Before the writer showed up, I'd also thought that the book was connected to the curse, and that maybe Mr Gold/Rumplestiltskin had something to do with its creation(but not that he wrote it). I was just trying to link(too many) things together I guess lol.
                  sigpic

Comment

Then it's possible that 'the stranger' is the writer of the book, and that person is some sort of observer, court scribe, servant that saw it all, something like that.
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

He's an Observer from the Fringe universe!

Busted

Comment

Why did you do such a thing, you mediocre dunces?

Comment

hey everyone! I'm new here
                          Didn't get to read all of you're posts yet, but I will (I did last and first three)
                          I started watching show in december...and got adicted
                          I don't know how to make that thing that hides spoilers so I'm just gona say: WARNING, SPOILER ALERT XD
                          Spoiler:
                          I believe that the writer is actually the writer of the book, or someone who knew the real writer (less likely); I don't know is he good or evil, but I doubt he is any of that, you know? One of those in middle who are not on anyone side- yet

Comment

Maybe he is one of the Grimm Brothers? Seeing how they adapted a lot of the fairy tales to the stories we know and love. My two cents worth.
                            Why did you do such a thing, you mediocre dunces?

Comment

Originally posted by denis565 View Post
                              hey everyone! I'm new here
                              Didn't get to read all of you're posts yet, but I will (I did last and first three)
                              I started watching show in december...and got adicted
                              I don't know how to make that thing that hides spoilers so I'm just gona say: WARNING, SPOILER ALERT XD
                              Spoiler:
                              I believe that the writer is actually the writer of the book, or someone who knew the real writer (less likely); I don't know is he good or evil, but I doubt he is any of that, you know? One of those in middle who are not on anyone side- yet
                              Welcome to the thread and GW!
                              sigpic Gets better with age!

Conventions:
                              Creation Vancouver SG Con 2009 - 2010 - 2011 - 2012
                              GateCon Vancouver 2011
                              Creation Chicago SG Con 2013 - 2014

Comment

Originally posted by MylittleEli View Post
                                Welcome to the thread and GW!
                                Thank you
                                In my country no one is watching this show yet, so good to be here and be able to talk about it

Comment

Working...
                                X